Print Thread
Drawn Hunts Question... #7214612 07/03/18 03:47 PM
T
TexasATC Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
T
When applying for a drawn hunt with a group (more than one person on the application), if selected, does every hunter in the group get a tag? If applying for a mule deer hunt for example, if my group of three were selected would all three of us get a tag?

Re: Drawn Hunts Question... [Re: TexasATC] #7214627 07/03/18 04:03 PM
F
FoxTrot Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Yes

Originally Posted By: Chief Joe
I avoid Dick's and hope they fold.
Re: Drawn Hunts Question... [Re: TexasATC] #7214662 07/03/18 04:28 PM
S
SpoonPlatoon Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
You must enter everyone in the group into the draw system. Everyone you enter on an application will get a tag.

[Linked Image]
Re: Drawn Hunts Question... [Re: TexasATC] #7214668 07/03/18 04:31 PM
T
TexasATC Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
T
Got it, thanks guys.

Re: Drawn Hunts Question... [Re: TexasATC] #7215041 07/03/18 09:23 PM
jeh7mmmag Offline
gramps
gramps
The area providing the management hunt will tag your deer with a numbered MLD metal tag. Don't use the tag off of your license. Your license tag is still good for another deer.

Depending on your area TPWD/TAHC will probably want your approval to check your deer for CWD by removing small part of brain stem by making small incision in throat area.

Shortly After your payment You will get a letter with information about the particles of your area and hunt. I would suggest you give the park a call a before your hunt to answer any question you might have. cheers GL

�Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in,
where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul.�
~ John Muir
Re: Drawn Hunts Question... [Re: jeh7mmmag] #7215447 07/04/18 07:22 AM
P
pigplinker Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
P
Originally Posted By: jeh7mmmag
The area providing the management hunt will tag your deer with a numbered MLD metal tag. Don't use the tag off of your license. Your license tag is still good for another deer.

Depending on your area TPWD/TAHC will probably want your approval to check your deer for CWD by removing small part of brain stem by making small incision in throat area.

Shortly After your payment You will get a letter with information about the particles of your area and hunt. I would suggest you give the park a call a before your hunt to answer any question you might have. cheers
GL

Been on several hunts through the years and this is good advise. I have always been treated with respect by the staff at these facilities. They are very helpful, and if available you might be able to stay where you hunt. Good luck.

Re: Drawn Hunts Question... [Re: jeh7mmmag] #7215625 07/04/18 03:38 PM
T
TexasATC Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
T
Thanks for the info.

Re: Drawn Hunts Question... [Re: TexasATC] #7217967 07/07/18 02:24 PM
V
Vader Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
V
Do you need an APH if selected for any of the draw hunts or just a particular group require it?

Re: Drawn Hunts Question... [Re: jeh7mmmag] #7217983 07/07/18 02:45 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S

Shortly After your payment You will get a letter with information about the particles of your area and hunt. I would suggest you give the park a call a before your hunt to answer any question you might have. cheers GL

This was not the case 2 yrs ago when I drew a hunt on a WMA for mule deer. I received an email stating I was selected and this was what was in it:
Important:
You must purchase this permit by 10/28/2016
Go to https://www.txfgsales.com/PHS to pay for or accept the permit.

Loyalty Points for all selected applicants in this category will be reset to zero for next season.

Once you complete the payment/acceptance process you will receive another email containing the permit(s) and hunt information brochure. The permit(s) can be printed or stored on a mobile device.

If you need further assistance contact the Public Hunting Program.

Thank you for your participation,

Texas Parks and Wildlife Department
Public Hunting Program
After I received the next email I went online and purchase the permit. It was then confirmed in another email with the permit attached in a PDF. I was told to bring it with me since the WMA would not have the permit, I would have to bring it. This is what the permit contained along with my name, address and permit #. I printed it and took it with me to show so I could hunt and then take a mule deer/other species listed along with other specifics to the hunt at that specified WMA. I was told without a copy of the permit or copy of the email on my phone I would not be able hunt.

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Drawn Hunts Question... [Re: stxranchman] #7218001 07/07/18 03:19 PM
S
sqiggy Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Originally Posted By: stxranchman

This was not the case 2 yrs ago when I drew a hunt on a WMA for mule deer. I received an email stating I was selected and this was what was in it:
Important:

Loyalty Points for all selected applicants in this category will be reset to zero for next season.

Once you complete the payment/acceptance process you will receive another email containing the permit(s) and hunt information brochure. The permit(s) can be printed or stored on a mobile device.

Public Hunting Program
After I received the next email I went online and purchase the permit. It was then confirmed in another email with the permit attached in a PDF. I was told to bring it with me since the WMA would not have the permit, I would have to bring it. This is what the permit contained along with my name, address and permit #. I printed it and took it with me to show so I could hunt and then take a mule deer/other species listed along with other specifics to the hunt at that specified WMA. I was told without a copy of the permit or copy of the email on my phone I would not be able hunt.
Any time you draw a hunt, you have to buy the permit first. This will guarantee you a spot on the hunt. Once you pay for the permit, it is sent to you and you must present it at the time of the hunt. If you don't buy the permit by the deadline date, your spot will go to the second drawing, or if it was the second drawing, it goes to the "stand-by" position if they have stand by for that particular hunt. Then, when the hunt starts, and you kill a deer, you will take it to the check in station and TPWD will tag that deer with their tag. You won't use the tag off your license.

Re: Drawn Hunts Question... [Re: Vader] #7218720 07/08/18 06:58 PM
B
Bigfoot Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Originally Posted By: Vader
Do you need an APH if selected for any of the draw hunts or just a particular group require it?

Only for a selected few

GO TRUMP!
Re: Drawn Hunts Question... [Re: stxranchman] #7218906 07/08/18 10:42 PM
jeh7mmmag Offline
gramps
gramps
Originally Posted By: stxranchman

Important:

Public Hunting Program

Thanks for the correction and update. hammer They Changed to a digital world several years ago.

�Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in,
where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul.�
~ John Muir
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide