Print Thread
ATN BinoX HD #6849370 08/08/17 02:50 PM
B
Bigfoot Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
B
I just got them in yesterday and I have spent at least an hour or 2 playing with them and setting them up. So far I am impressed and wished I had bought these earlier. They focus and adjust easy for your eyes and the pictures and videos are decent quality. I am far more impressed with the night vision and how clear bright and distinguishable objects are out to 200 yards or more. Obviously I havent used them in the field yet but I will be hog hunting in a few weeks and I plan on using these to find em and record video of the hunt.

So far these are well worth the money and I just got them at Midway for $417 shipped to my door

GO TRUMP!
Re: ATN BinoX HD [Re: Bigfoot] #6850535 08/09/17 03:15 PM
Outdoor Legacy Offline
Tracker
Tracker
I will go on the record and say that if ATN made the X-Sight as good as the BinoX, they'd be knocking it out of the park. I think the BinoX are the most under rated, under appreciated, best quality (meaning view-able distance etc), best priced digital NV handheld device on the market. And this is coming from a guy who is almost never waving the ATN flag at pep rallies.lol

My first impression of them at the SHOT Show as bad. They felt bulky, rigid, a little heavy and wrote them off. Finally a year later at SHOT I was convinced to order in a couple as demos to see what I thought. I was blown away. SO much better than the X-Sight. I can stand on my back porch and clearly see the back wood line of my one portion of my pasture at 450 yards. Another thing that gets me about it is I can get the image focused in so sharp, crisp and clear and I can't do that with the X-Sight. I think it has something to do with the big focus ring that turns easily vs the small focus turret on the X-Sight that is usually stiff and hard to turn.

Anyway, not trying to give a sales pitch for them and there are a few small things I'd like to change, but overall, they are an awesome bang for the buck. As usual ATN quit enforcing MAP pricing, so now you can buy them so cheap that mom and pop dealers like myself can't make money on them. The BIG online stores are willing to make a few bucks and sell them cheap but in volume. Some of the scummy fly by night drop shippers that I won't give free advertisement by naming here, started selling them at essentially cost and ATN refused to stop them and it spiraled after that. So in reality they are a super buy for the consumer because you are getting a great optic at dirt cheap pricing.

Oh and one tip....I've had customers tell me they didn't feel like they could see over a couple hundred yards with them. I realized they didn't have the IR illuminator on the highest setting. You have to change that in the internal menu; it comes set on about half brightness.

Just my 2 cents.

Jason

Last edited by Outdoor Legacy Gear; 08/09/17 03:16 PM.

Outdoor Legacy - Owner
The Late Night Vision Show - Co-Host
[Linked Image]
Night Vision, Thermal & Accessories
OutdoorLegacyGear.com
(877)350-1818

Re: ATN BinoX HD [Re: Outdoor Legacy] #6858640 08/16/17 07:09 PM
T
TXGH Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: Outdoor Legacy Gear
I will go on the record and say that if ATN made the X-Sight as good as the BinoX, they'd be knocking it out of the park. I think the BinoX are the most under rated, under appreciated, best quality (meaning view-able distance etc), best priced digital NV handheld device on the market. And this is coming from a guy who is almost never waving the ATN flag at pep rallies.lol

My first impression of them at the SHOT Show as bad. They felt bulky, rigid, a little heavy and wrote them off. Finally a year later at SHOT I was convinced to order in a couple as demos to see what I thought. I was blown away. SO much better than the X-Sight. I can stand on my back porch and clearly see the back wood line of my one portion of my pasture at 450 yards. Another thing that gets me about it is I can get the image focused in so sharp, crisp and clear and I can't do that with the X-Sight. I think it has something to do with the big focus ring that turns easily vs the small focus turret on the X-Sight that is usually stiff and hard to turn.

Anyway, not trying to give a sales pitch for them and there are a few small things I'd like to change, but overall, they are an awesome bang for the buck. As usual ATN quit enforcing MAP pricing, so now you can buy them so cheap that mom and pop dealers like myself can't make money on them. The BIG online stores are willing to make a few bucks and sell them cheap but in volume. Some of the scummy fly by night drop shippers that I won't give free advertisement by naming here, started selling them at essentially cost and ATN refused to stop them and it spiraled after that. So in reality they are a super buy for the consumer because you are getting a great optic at dirt cheap pricing.

Oh and one tip....I've had customers tell me they didn't feel like they could see over a couple hundred yards with them. I realized they didn't have the IR illuminator on the highest setting. You have to change that in the internal menu; it comes set on about half brightness.

Just my 2 cents.

Jason

agreed. but the issue with the x sights are the recoil rating they have to do for them.. recoil would tear up the binos

Joseph Trousdale
Host Texas Game Hunters TV
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide