Print Thread
Opening day..it's the little things #6946731 11/05/17 10:47 AM
M
mow Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
M
WOW! All in all a great opening day..really hot,but it's texas..I could be real cynical about this and that..but I really want to start practicing positive thoughts like I do at home..saw some good looking deer at camp..couple of guys did good..it wasnt fun not having my son..texting back and forth with others and just having fun..i had does pick me off for the first time...inside my blind..it was funny..like the old TV series Colombo..this doe saw me..motionless from 100 yards away at the feeder..we had a stare-down..all the while other does were not paying me any attention..after about 10 minutes of this..she hauls off and starts walking straight to me..got within 30 yards..caught my wind..and blew as loud as any deer I have ever heard..the 4 others does of course..tails up joins in..and they all scattered like a covey of quail..I was left with my mouth agape shaking my head and left with this thought.."She won this round"..but I'll be back..it's these little nuggets that many non hunters don't understand..it's not all about killing..but getting even is sooo much fun..THANKS GOD FOR A GOOD OPENING DAY!!

Re: Opening day..it's the little things [Re: mow] #6946744 11/05/17 11:24 AM
J
Jimbo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
I've been seeing tons of turkeys all during bow season but most were hens which are legal, but I wanted a tom but never got one in range.
Fast forward to yesterday sitting with a rifle and later in the morning I hear the turkeys.
I'm sitting watching down the sendero and a flock of green jays start flying overhead and landing in the trees around me raising a ruckus.
I then notice several turkeys start to come out into the clearing 75 yards away and notice a large tom just back in the brush.
Those danged green jays flew down toward those turkeys and the turkeys froze.
Just then, the turkeys turned around and went back into the brush where they came from, and I had corn on the road.
Now tell me those jays didn't alert those turkeys!....Sure seemed like it to me! roflmao

Thursday at 12:45 PM
Once i learned that i didn't "NEED" to kill something, and that if i did kill something all the fun stopped and work began, i was a much better hunter.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide