Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics537,012
Posts9,719,407
Members86,987
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Leases,leasee's,leasors mature deer, culls, management, B&C #5867684 08/07/15 02:09 PM
D
don k Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
D
The more I read on here about all the trouble people have with all of the above the happier I am about the way I do my hunting. People on a lease can't get along. People that lease don't like the lease. People on a lease shoot deer that pisses off others on the lease. People have differing opinions on what a so called cull is. People have differing opinions on how the lease should be run. The people that own the land have differing opinions from the people that lease the hunting on it. People that hunt and are charged by the B&C score don't know until it is scored what it is going to cost them. Now me I could give a rats rear end what a person who hunts here shoots as long as it is not an Ibex. I charge X amount for a deer with no antlers. That could be a doe or a buck fawn. I charge X amount for a deer with antlers. If a person can count then they know when they pull the trigger what the deer is going to cost. If the are happy taking a 2 year old 6 point or an old 8 point I really don't care. If they are happy then I am happy. I am not in the WT hunting business so maybe I can do things different that those that are. I raise Ibex and the deer are are just here and every year some need to be taken off. I don't worry about age I worry about numbers. Same with the Axis. For me the Axis are the most trouble. About the only thing they are good for is eating and tearing up fences. So when I have them get in I try to get rid of them. It doesn't matter if they are spikes or 30"ers. I have taken all the antlered deer I have a wish to in my 68 years. Now when I take a deer it is can I load it. Just like the fairly large Axis Buck I have running around here now. I would have to get the tractor with the bucket to load it. What I see is how many pounds of Rib Eye I can buy for what I sell it for. I am sitting here now waiting for a guy to come pick up an Ibex I had on Wildlife Buyer and I thought I would entertain you for a while.

Re: Leases,leasee's,leasors mature deer, culls, management, B&C [Re: don k] #5867691 08/07/15 02:16 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Reminds me of the birthday card I saw once that read "You know you're getting old when you watch Gone With The Wind and when Rhett carries Scarlett up the stairs, you think to yourself 'He could throw his back out doing that.'"

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Leases,leasee's,leasors mature deer, culls, management, B&C [Re: don k] #5867748 08/07/15 03:04 PM
S
SniperRAB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Oh we are all Happier than you think Don...its just the one or two that try to stir it up..

I go by a simple process..

If its mature enough and Daddy Likey Daddy Kill up I don't sweat the fence size or caliber rofl

Re: Leases,leasee's,leasors mature deer, culls, management, B&C [Re: don k] #5867751 08/07/15 03:06 PM
S
SniperRAB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Now with that being said I am heading down to try and Founder a few by sling Large amounts of Protein roflmao

Re: Leases,leasee's,leasors mature deer, culls, management, B&C [Re: don k] #5867985 08/07/15 05:07 PM
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Q
Originally Posted By: don k
blah blah blah I am not in the WT hunting business blah blah blah.

This should sum it up.

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Re: Leases,leasee's,leasors mature deer, culls, management, B&C [Re: don k] #5868013 08/07/15 05:28 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N
Never had an issue with people on any lease iv been on.. I watched issues unfold on some but I just grabbed a beer and poked a stick at them.

My current lease iv been on for 5 years now and its only 500acres with 11 people and they bring family... not one issue has unfolded on that lease... mainly because no one lets stuff get to them and its a pretty relaxed place

Re: Leases,leasee's,leasors mature deer, culls, management, B&C [Re: don k] #5868014 08/07/15 05:29 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N

Re: Leases,leasee's,leasors mature deer, culls, management, B&C [Re: QuitShootinYoungBucks] #5868064 08/07/15 06:03 PM
D
don k Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

This should sum it up.
And you are the type I am talking about.

Re: Leases,leasee's,leasors mature deer, culls, management, B&C [Re: don k] #5868116 08/07/15 06:32 PM
Q
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Q

This should sum it up.
And you are the type I am talking about.

Why? Because you came on here tooting your own horn in a way that talks down to a lot of the people on here?

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Re: Leases,leasee's,leasors mature deer, culls, management, B&C [Re: don k] #5868132 08/07/15 06:46 PM
S
Simple Searcher Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
It is all fun and games until someone shoots an Ibex.
grin

[Linked Image]

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark
Re: Leases,leasee's,leasors mature deer, culls, management, B&C [Re: don k] #5868149 08/07/15 07:01 PM
H
Halfadozen Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
His land, his opinion, his rules. I respect that. Don't necessarily agree with all the points, but based on what you read on here, he is spot on that these issues have come up repeatedly with others.

Freedom is a fragile thing ...Those who have known freedom, and then lost it, have never known it again.
-- Ronald Reagan

Re: Leases,leasee's,leasors mature deer, culls, management, B&C [Re: don k] #5868156 08/07/15 07:04 PM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
So while you're willing to entertain us, go out and take pics of the spike buck you were running the experiment on.

Re: Leases,leasee's,leasors mature deer, culls, management, B&C [Re: don k] #5868190 08/07/15 07:29 PM
H
HuntnFly67 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Cool rant, Don. Can you show us which hill you are sitting atop of at your place and looking down on lease hunters from?

Re: Leases,leasee's,leasors mature deer, culls, management, B&C [Re: don k] #5868230 08/07/15 08:00 PM
D
don k Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
D
WOW,I must have hit a nerve or hit close to home with a few of you. I am sitting about where the V is. I don;t look down at anyone. I just read the posts on here and everything I wrote about has come up on here. That is why I am glad I do things the way I do. If that offends anyone then so be it.

Re: Leases,leasee's,leasors mature deer, culls, management, B&C [Re: don k] #5868248 08/07/15 08:22 PM
Q
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Q
WOW,I must have hit a nerve or hit close to home with a few of you. I am sitting about where the V is. I don;t look down at anyone. I just read the posts on here and everything I wrote about has come up on here. That is why I am glad I do things the way I do. If that offends anyone then so be it.

Just seemed very high-horse-ish, don. You are very blessed to have your own place (as am I) but others aren't so fortunate, and no matter how hard a person tries sometimes he/she ends up in a bad situation with a leasee, leasor, land-owner, or heck even a family member. A large majority of the guys on here seem to be people that want to do right by others, and have others do right by themselves, and it is very frustrating when you hold up your end but others don't. When you start talking about the money factor it only compounds a lot of the situations and emotions. Again, you are blessed to be able to make your own rules and your situation dictates those rules work for you. Good luck with the Axis, and it might be worth breaking out the FEL to load up a tasty one!

[Linked Image]

Re: Leases,leasee's,leasors mature deer, culls, management, B&C [Re: QuitShootinYoungBucks] #5868282 08/07/15 08:51 PM
D
don k Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
D

Just seemed very high-horse-ish, don. You are very blessed to have your own place (as am I) but others aren't so fortunate, and no matter how hard a person tries sometimes he/she ends up in a bad situation with a leasee, leasor, land-owner, or heck even a family member. A large majority of the guys on here seem to be people that want to do right by others, and have others do right by themselves, and it is very frustrating when you hold up your end but others don't. When you start talking about the money factor it only compounds a lot of the situations and emotions. Again, you are blessed to be able to make your own rules and your situation dictates those rules work for you. Good luck with the Axis, and it might be worth breaking out the FEL to load up a tasty one!
I am anything but high-horse-ish. Like I said everything I talked about has been brought up on this forum. I don't like problems and have found a way not to have any. It works for me but I am not saying it will for anyone else. I also realize that there are many on here that do hunting for a living. I did for a few years when I was younger. It takes a special person to do it.

Re: Leases,leasee's,leasors mature deer, culls, management, B&C [Re: don k] #5868288 08/07/15 08:54 PM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
I love our lease. Some very good friends I get to share camp and a fire with. I also love what all is involved in management and discussions on improving the herd. Wouldn't trade it

You can't fix stupid
Re: Leases,leasee's,leasors mature deer, culls, management, B&C [Re: tlk] #5868443 08/07/15 11:09 PM
D
don k Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted By: tlk
I love our lease. Some very good friends I get to share camp and a fire with. I also love what all is involved in management and discussions on improving the herd. Wouldn't trade it
That is great. I hope everyone on this forum has a lease where they consider a 2oo" WT buck a management deer. I see where no one has any thing to gripe about his or her lease. I am happy for everyone with a lease and happy for all the landowners that lease to all the happy hunters. Ain't it a wonderful world?

Re: Leases,leasee's,leasors mature deer, culls, management, B&C [Re: don k] #5868662 08/08/15 01:37 AM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: tlk
That is great. I hope everyone on this forum has a lease where they consider a 2oo" WT buck a management deer. I see where no one has any thing to gripe about his or her lease. I am happy for everyone with a lease and happy for all the landowners that lease to all the happy hunters. Ain't it a wonderful world?

I believe in to each his own. You do what makes you happy and I will do what makes me happy. If hunting with other guys does not make you happy then so be it. But if I enjoy hunting with other guys then there should be nothing wrong with that. If I enjoy seeing big deer grow then nothing wrong with that. If you don't? Then nothing wrong with that either. Also I do not do it as a living - I am just a hunter who enjoys it. I was not picking a fight - I simply stated what I enjoy - and yes, as far as I am concerned it is a wonderful world

Last edited by tlk; 08/08/15 01:46 AM.

You can't fix stupid
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide