Forums46
Topics537,019
Posts9,719,454
Members86,987
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Arrgh... Mad enough to get out blind and Holler.. alot #5456497 12/03/14 08:43 PM
W
Wiredhernandez Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
W
Started having neighbor issues last year and was not 100% it is intentional... I am now... found an oily rag on our property tied to a bush... chainsaws and no trees falling during prime hunting hours... four wheelers and trucks driving about..

Got out the blind can "called" at the top of my lungs ( I could hear the truck stop and idle .. I know they heard me.) they did not respond ... no way they could not hear me..

As it got darker they continued with noise and fired off at least 100 rounds at nothing ...

Placed a call to the local GW .. well see what happens...

Hunting has always been tough for us but past two seasons really hard since this all started.. the 4th trip out and not seen a single deer...

This is our land so we cant just leave.. I may be looking for a least to hunt next season...

The neighbors land was always vacant till last year and we always had "some" game till last year...

Should you be my rude Leon Co neighbor .. F ... U...!

I still simmer...

Re: Arrgh... Mad enough to get out blind and Holler.. alot [Re: Wiredhernandez] #5456546 12/03/14 09:04 PM
T
TFF Caribou Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
Man, that's a tough spot. It's going to be hard to prove they are breaking the harassment law if it's all happening on their property, and unless you have em on game camera, you can't prove that was their oil soaked rag. Have you tried going over and speaking to them about it. It is possible (though unlikely) they are just ignorant and are out having fun shooting and riding 4 wheelers. Generally (not always) people's action are far less malicious than we think.

The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference. -George Washington
Re: Arrgh... Mad enough to get out blind and Holler.. alot [Re: Wiredhernandez] #5456548 12/03/14 09:04 PM
W
wtr Offline
Tracker
Tracker
W
confused2

Re: Arrgh... Mad enough to get out blind and Holler.. alot [Re: Wiredhernandez] #5456580 12/03/14 09:16 PM
C
cameron00 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Yeah, nothing you can do about that unless you catch them on video specifically targeting you and/or your hunting efforts. They're allowed to drive 4wheelers and rev chainsaws and shoot guns all they want.

My old neighbor used to do that to me. I know he was trying to piss me off, but there's really not a whole lot you can do.

Re: Arrgh... Mad enough to get out blind and Holler.. alot [Re: Wiredhernandez] #5456655 12/03/14 09:56 PM
C
Captain Luke Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
"Should you be my rude Leon Co neighbor .. F ... U...!"

Haha. I wish he was reading this. Then we all could give it to him.

If you want some friendly advice, get a haircut and take a bath. You wouldn't get hassled so much.

Re: Arrgh... Mad enough to get out blind and Holler.. alot [Re: Wiredhernandez] #5456986 12/04/14 12:46 AM
B
burkie38 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
B
Go over and visit with them, they may not get it.

Re: Arrgh... Mad enough to get out blind and Holler.. alot [Re: Wiredhernandez] #5457023 12/04/14 01:04 AM
M
Mambajeep Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
Have deal with the same BS for 3 years, SD cards missing, gunshots of all kinds year round (which don't seem to bother the deer much), this year opening morning at 8:30 they decided to hog hunt in a group of 6 in the neighboring pasture. So the deer I was watching found somewhere else to go. It's a tough spot to be in.

Sometimes chicken, sometimes feathers
Re: Arrgh... Mad enough to get out blind and Holler.. alot [Re: Wiredhernandez] #5457033 12/04/14 01:08 AM
P
Peepaw on Fork Online Content
Woodsman
Online Content
Woodsman
P
If you get one, leave the gut pile beside the property line

Re: Arrgh... Mad enough to get out blind and Holler.. alot [Re: Peepaw on Fork] #5457164 12/04/14 02:13 AM
D
dawaba Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
D
Swallow your anger and stroll over there and talk to the neighbors. Inform them of your concerns. Maybe the two of you can find some common ground. That's being neighborly.

Most every neighbor is a good person. Very few are a-holes.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple.....and wrong." H. L. Mencken
Re: Arrgh... Mad enough to get out blind and Holler.. alot [Re: dawaba] #5457662 12/04/14 01:18 PM
C
cameron00 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Originally Posted By: dawaba
Swallow your anger and stroll over there and talk to the neighbors. Inform them of your concerns. Maybe the two of you can find some common ground. That's being neighborly.

Cannot disagree with the last statement more.

Tons and tons of people are a-holes.

Re: Arrgh... Mad enough to get out blind and Holler.. alot [Re: dawaba] #5457673 12/04/14 01:25 PM
W
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
W
I hear ya on talking I the main problem is .. I do not know how to access the adjacent property via a proper drive up. Google earth shows nothing I can identify as an accessible property entry .. There is an atv trail I could follow with but has a no trespassing sign posted. The brush is too thick to see past however you can hear everything. Like I said I could hear their gas truck idle and pause (I could hear their 3 4wheeler pause as well.. My son was in the blind around 100 yards away and could hear me clearly. This land has been ours over 30 years and I know we didnt put that rag on a bush.. I believe they heard me and did not acknowledge my calls as it was blatantly loud enough to ruin any hunting for the weekend (figured a sacrifice to save upcoming hunts at the time). I think the 100 or so rounds shot were to prove a point (they normally pop off a few shotgun rounds in the am and pm .. calm all afternoon)... The GW has offered to check it out for me and attempt to track them down .. see if they have any fresh cut trees etc.. (Chainsaws but not sound of falling trees..) .. We have only shot 1-2 deer a year and its hard in good years as we rely mostly on doe days and spikes honestly. Past 6 years we have shot 2 good bucks .. This just kinda tops it.. Hopefully gets better as my son at 13 is the most patient kid but gotta say it really sux lately and I dont want him to lose interest.

Re: Arrgh... Mad enough to get out blind and Holler.. alot [Re: Captain Luke] #5457876 12/04/14 07:12 PM
T
tShawnB Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: Captain Luke
"Should you be my rude Leon Co neighbor .. F ... U...!"

Haha. I wish he was reading this. Then we all could give it to him.
There aren't many in Leon County that can operate, much less owns a computer.

Last edited by tShawnB; 12/04/14 07:13 PM.

How come everybody I meet is a deer hunting expert?
Re: Arrgh... Mad enough to get out blind and Holler.. alot [Re: Wiredhernandez] #5457930 12/04/14 07:56 PM
Curtis Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
This is probably a bit more than what some would do, but here is what I did one time when I had similar situation. I knew the family and I knew the grandkids that came over and were making the noise. Although I don't think it was intentional, it was every weekend from Friday through Sunday. I went over and brought the owner a pecan pie and some deer meat. I sat down with the fella and we had a good talk for about two hours in his front yard. I explained that I was trying to get some hunting in on the weekends and about the noise. I mentioned to him about the fence and needing some repair. He had cattle and so did we. We talked about how have always helped each other on fence and cost of repair and such and I expressed how thankful I was to him that he did so. He did agree with me, thanked me for the pie, the venison, and conversation, and told me to come over again sometime and if I needed anything else.

I never heard any noise the rest of the season, we worked on the fence together where we share the property line. I have not ever had another problem with him. He's not a hunter or his family, and they just didn't really understand but they understand about being good neighbors.

Double Arrow Bow Hunting
www.doublearrowbowhunting.com
Bow hunters welcome!
Whitetail-Axis-Blackbuck-Fallow-Barasingha-Scimitar Oryx
Located in Gonzales County.
Visit our Facebook page for current updates!

Re: Arrgh... Mad enough to get out blind and Holler.. alot [Re: Wiredhernandez] #5458215 12/04/14 10:41 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N
Were abouts in leon co?

Re: Arrgh... Mad enough to get out blind and Holler.. alot [Re: Navasot] #5458285 12/04/14 11:31 PM
S
SniperRAB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: Navasot
Were abouts in leon co?

Right next to you roflmao

Solid sound advice Curtis...
Good luck to the OP

Re: Arrgh... Mad enough to get out blind and Holler.. alot [Re: SniperRAB] #5458482 12/05/14 01:50 AM
W
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
W
We are in Marquez... Beautiful place

Re: Arrgh... Mad enough to get out blind and Holler.. alot [Re: Wiredhernandez] #5458492 12/05/14 01:54 AM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N
Around the lake?

Re: Arrgh... Mad enough to get out blind and Holler.. alot [Re: SniperRAB] #5458533 12/05/14 02:10 AM
R
rytheguy84 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
R
Originally Posted By: SniperRAB
Originally Posted By: Navasot
Were abouts in leon co?

Right next to you roflmao

Solid sound advice Curtis...
Good luck to the OP

rofl

Re: Arrgh... Mad enough to get out blind and Holler.. alot [Re: Navasot] #5458565 12/05/14 02:23 AM
W
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
W
Naw we are a couple miles from the feed store south of 7..

Re: Arrgh... Mad enough to get out blind and Holler.. alot [Re: cameron00] #5460822 12/06/14 12:23 PM
D
dawaba Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
D
Originally Posted By: cameron00
Originally Posted By: dawaba

Cannot disagree with the last statement more.

Tons and tons of people are a-holes.

You must have drawn the black bean and gotten all the bad neighbors.

I guess I've been lucky. Every one of my neighbors--both where I've lived and where I've hunted--have turned out to be good people. Admittedly, some required a little more stroking with kid gloves than others....

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple.....and wrong." H. L. Mencken
Re: Arrgh... Mad enough to get out blind and Holler.. alot [Re: Wiredhernandez] #5460920 12/06/14 01:54 PM
H
HornSlayer Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
H
Watched a similar issue opening mourning. Guy puts up a feeder on the fence line with a blind perpendicular to it. No way for them to shoot and not shoot right at the barn and hoarse stable. Anyway, they were asked to move it a couple hundred yards from the fence and didn't. So there has been a bunch of grubbing along that fence. The high fence is going up in a couple weeks.

They make ammo specifically for hunting for a reason! nidea
Re: Arrgh... Mad enough to get out blind and Holler.. alot [Re: Wiredhernandez] #5462112 12/07/14 05:00 AM
BigBucky2014 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
You can typically go to the county courthouse and look up who owns the property. You might be able to do it online now as well. Just a thought if you don't know who owns it. Do they do this stuff when it isn't deer season?

Re: Arrgh... Mad enough to get out blind and Holler.. alot [Re: Wiredhernandez] #5462251 12/07/14 12:36 PM
L
Lil Joe Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
L
We are in Leon county too. Our place is only 140 acres and the people activity is the worst it has ever been in the 15 years we have been there. It is pretty much every day of the week. Our neighbors one one side where the deer travel back and forth the most have been building a house or something and the commotion is never ending. It is a very frustrating situation when you know you don't see nearly as many deer as you once did because of it realmad

Re: Arrgh... Mad enough to get out blind and Holler.. alot [Re: BigBucky2014] #5464846 12/08/14 04:13 PM
W
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
W
Well, we aren't out as much off season however we hunt hogs into april or so and its quieter then for sure (at least as of last season when this all started). Hopefully we get something back from GW soon. When the people ignored my calls last outing (and ran the property shooting off a pistol later) that pretty much convinced me it is intentional.. Dont know if the land has been sold or leased but for years it was peaceful. Our seasons always run late but you have mixed feelings of sitting out late December in the cold and have this happen too....

Cows .. Acorns .. Young (legal) bucks don't make it long .. Doe days are few .. I can deal with all of that however this neighbor issue is too much!...

Must really love hunting ... smile

Re: Arrgh... Mad enough to get out blind and Holler.. alot [Re: Wiredhernandez] #5464891 12/08/14 04:37 PM
T
talkturkey Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
Sounds like you must be my neighbor on the other side of our crap neighbor! Been dealing w/the same for the last several years. Initially asked the older gent that actually owns the adjoining property, and he was understanding, BUT, it's his ex con son that has an attitude of "you're not going to tell me what we can do" and he, the ex con, amplifies his efforts of annoyance 10 fold every deer season. Asking doesn't help with the mentality the son has. So, the ex con likes to preseason dove hunt, and the game warden WILL be called if HE repeats his lack of understanding this coming year. Funny thing is, possibly (if I'm lucky), the ex con has a felony charge on his record and all kinds of chit will explode, if he's not 'allowed' to possess any firearm. Tsk tsk.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide