Print Thread
Kent Outdoors Deer Hunt #2374202 06/17/11 02:18 PM
H
High Country Archer Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
H
Posted this in the Hog Section but thought I would post it here too because he should have some great deer hunting this fall. Will be setting up a few hunts around the rut!

Took my son to Kent Outdoors on Wednesday night to try to get him a pig. Was real hot before our hunt so J.J. drove us around to some of his other properties to show us the set ups. My son like cruising in the bikini topped Jeep (thanks J.J.). Man does he have some really good spots and the deer set ups should be real good. Really set up for the bowhunter with some great shot opportunities and with the deer coming off Hagerman, should be some really big deer killed there this fall (200"+ maybe).

Anyway, set up the Dog House blind and settled in about an hour before dark. The pigs were coming in very late (2:30 or so) but thought we would give it a shot and stay out as long as we could. Well, because of his select baseball and 7on7 football that has been keeping him extremely busy for the past month, my son was nodding off more than staying awake. I had been keeping tabs with J.J. through the night and decided to call it a night about 1:00. J.J. really wanted him to get his pig so instead of just sending us on our way home (like some other guides I have had do to me), he asked if we wanted to try to spotlight some fields to see if we could get lucky. Heck yeah!!! First field had three groups of pigs that had just started to come into the field. First group made it back to the woods with no shot opportunity but the second group crossed within 15 yards of the Jeep but my son could not get a good sight picture with the scope/lighting. I give him a lot of credit for not taking a bad shot because we wanted him to only take a head shot to drop it right there and although he was excited he held off. Unfortunatly, that was his last and only shot opprotunity but that is hunting.

Again, I want to thank you J.J. for putting in the extra effort to make my son's hunting trip a success. We both had a great time and look forward to coming back this fall and trying it again. You are a class act and treat your clients right.

Anyone looking for a great hunt really needs to give J.J. (Kent Outdoors) a call and book a hunt. That goes for either Ducks, Deer or Pigs.

Ron

If you ain't hunting, you ain't living right.
Re: Kent Outdoors Deer Hunt [Re: High Country Archer] #2374271 06/17/11 03:03 PM
Rob Lay Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
I will second J.J., he just posted his Deer hunt info in the Outfitter section.

http://www.texashuntingforum.com/fo...er_hunt_3_Miles_of_Hagerman_#Post2372005

I have Duck, Turkey, and Hog hunted with J.J. and all have been top notch experiences. Hog hunting this spring with bow I have had several Deer come in 15-20 yards. He has a bunch of property right off Hagerman!

Here is video of my bow hog hunt which is right off Hagerman.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide