Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
I never thought I'd say this...I'm too tired to hunt #5816873 07/04/15 03:41 AM
nak Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker

The wife is out of state for the holiday weekend and I couldn't wait for a chance to do some hog hunting. Now the long weekend is here and I'm sitting in the cabin, sipping some whiskey, and do not have even the slightest urge to gear up and go tromping through the woods after pigs ...it just seems like it would take too much effort.

I changed jobs recently. The new job is not physically demanding, but it is a lot of travel. M-Th night in a hotel each week. I did this back in my 30s and it did not phase me, but 20 years later, I'm drained by the time the weekend gets here. I don't remember that being the case when I was younger.

I'll give it another month to see if I gat used to it, but I'm going to have to reevaluate this job if it does not.

Maybe I'll try calling up some yotes tomorrow... from the porch.

We all need to practice Whoa more.
Re: I never thought I'd say this...I'm too tired to hunt [Re: nak] #5816903 07/04/15 04:10 AM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
It's your time. Your choice how you choose to relax. At our age, we've learned how to enjoy just being still.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: I never thought I'd say this...I'm too tired to hunt [Re: nak] #5816939 07/04/15 05:04 AM
B
bp3 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
We are all on the slippery slope headed down hill. rifle

Re: I never thought I'd say this...I'm too tired to hunt [Re: nak] #5817011 07/04/15 12:06 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Hunting is not always about hunting or killing.

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: I never thought I'd say this...I'm too tired to hunt [Re: Creekrunner] #5817054 07/04/15 12:59 PM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
Originally Posted By: Creekrunner
It's your time. Your choice how you choose to relax. At our age, we've learned how to enjoy just being still.

Isn't that the truth, some days you have the gas, some days it doesn't matter. It's hogs, not like you spent a ton and sitting in Alaska, even then, it's your time.

BTW, Know what you mean about the "hotel life" been like that for me for the last 10 years or more, gets old, but working out of town and staying on the road was a blast in your 20's-30's. I can hardly stand food that isn't made at home anymore. Sucks when the wife wants to go to IHOP, or Denny's bang

If at first you dont succeed, then skydiving is not for you..

"Don't trust everything you read on the Internet"- Abraham Lincoln

Dennis

Re: I never thought I'd say this...I'm too tired to hunt [Re: Western] #5817107 07/04/15 01:56 PM
nak Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted By: Western

Isn't that the truth, some days you have the gas, some days it doesn't matter. It's hogs, not like you spent a ton and sitting in Alaska, even then, it's your time.

BTW, Know what you mean about the "hotel life" been like that for me for the last 10 years or more, gets old, but working out of town and staying on the road was a blast in your 20's-30's. I can hardly stand food that isn't made at home anymore. Sucks when the wife wants to go to IHOP, or Denny's bang

Yea, and that is truly the worst part of it. The wife has been home all week, by herself. She works, but she will not go out to eat by herself or go to a movie or anything like that. I get home and she wants to go DO STUFF. I hate to tell he "no" all the time...she feels like she's been shut in all week. We're still trying to work out a balance on that. I also feel guilty about even thinking about spending time with my hunting and shooting buddies.

...but I am drawing the line on one thing. If she wants to see me at all in September, she is going to have to take up dove hunting or learn to retrieve

Last edited by nak; 07/04/15 02:00 PM.

We all need to practice Whoa more.
Re: I never thought I'd say this...I'm too tired to hunt [Re: nak] #5817140 07/04/15 02:23 PM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
Originally Posted By: nak
Originally Posted By: Western

Yea, and that is truly the worst part of it. The wife has been home all week, by herself. She works, but she will not go out to eat by herself or go to a movie or anything like that. I get home and she wants to go DO STUFF. I hate to tell he "no" all the time...she feels like she's been shut in all week. We're still trying to work out a balance on that. I also feel guilty about even thinking about spending time with my hunting and shooting buddies.

...but I am drawing the line on one thing. If she wants to see me at all in September, she is going to have to take up dove hunting or learn to retrieve

rofl Know where you are coming from, my wife has an affair with her Kindle, reads like no other after work, I call it her "read'n tool". She say's she works hard all week and me being gone sucks, but she doesn't have to "babysit" grin

Part that gets me the most is all the unfinished "stuff" around here I need to get done, add in a bad back and other medical BS bang I suppose we could be on the guvment tit and sit on our azz, but that would make me feel worse.

If at first you dont succeed, then skydiving is not for you..

"Don't trust everything you read on the Internet"- Abraham Lincoln

Dennis

Re: I never thought I'd say this...I'm too tired to hunt [Re: nak] #5817175 07/04/15 03:07 PM
S
scalebuster Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Sometimes it's more fun to fire up the smoker and get camp-drunk.

Re: I never thought I'd say this...I'm too tired to hunt [Re: nak] #5817315 07/04/15 05:10 PM
1860.colt Online Content
emoji colt.45
Online Content
emoji colt.45
Agh, the clasic case of the bottle let me down ...

Originally Posted By: stxranchman
Hunting is not always about hunting or killing

cheers As pappy one said: a person with an open mind, has a wider point of view ... flag

i'm postaddic
Re: I never thought I'd say this...I'm too tired to hunt [Re: nak] #5817434 07/04/15 08:05 PM
boonee Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
I have spent weekends at the property, just burning wood, and solving the worlds problems.
Then get back in town, and forgot how to do it.

Avenger Firearms 214-577-5818
avengerfirearms@gmail.com

Lifetime NRA member
Re: I never thought I'd say this...I'm too tired to hunt [Re: stxranchman] #5817476 07/04/15 08:51 PM
BuckRage Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: stxranchman
Hunting is not always about hunting or killing.

This

[Linked Image]
Re: I never thought I'd say this...I'm too tired to hunt [Re: nak] #5818260 07/05/15 05:02 PM
603Country Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
I know the feeling the OP has. Just mentally tired. I was like that a lot before retirement. Wouldn't dream of answering the phone at the house. Didn't want to do anything at all. Resting your brain is good, but eventually I had to force myself to get up and get moving, and I'd feel better after doing something.

Not my monkeys, not my circus...
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide