Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Best practical joke for deer camp #5415567 11/12/14 04:36 PM
T
the rattler Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
T
What is your best practical joke to pull on your buddies in Deer camp?

"110 Rattlers to date, so many snakes,so little time"
Re: Best practical joke for deer camp [Re: the rattler] #5415610 11/12/14 04:52 PM
D
dkershen Offline
Rev Dave
Rev Dave
D
Dead rattle snake in the UTV or Pickup is always good for some laughs. Unless you hunt with TxKiller.

To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

www.NewHopeEquine.com - Health and Healing through Horses.
Re: Best practical joke for deer camp [Re: the rattler] #5415623 11/12/14 04:56 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
raccoon tail sticking out of feeder funnel.
motin activated dancing skeleton in deer blind

Sometimes it's hard being me! But somebody has to do it.
Re: Best practical joke for deer camp [Re: the rattler] #5415626 11/12/14 04:56 PM
T
Texas Tatonkas Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
Get up early, go post on San Antonio craigslist an add that says "free diapers" and put your buddys cell phone number. Then get his cell phone and turn the volume up right before he goes to the stand. Promise you he will get about 1000 texts.

Re: Best practical joke for deer camp [Re: the rattler] #5415699 11/12/14 05:29 PM
C
cp50948 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
C
My favorite. Tie a dead snake or piece of fur to driver side door throw snake/fur in driver seat. When they open the door it'll "lunge" at the driver. Always good for a laugh. Make sure you get video so we can see.

Re: Best practical joke for deer camp [Re: the rattler] #5415731 11/12/14 05:45 PM
I
ijohnston Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
I
had guys go to my blind and setup a mannequin about 25 yards into the woods. dressed him all up and put a mask on him. when the sun came up, I have never been so freaked out. haha

Re: Best practical joke for deer camp [Re: the rattler] #5415736 11/12/14 05:47 PM
S
Sq2 hunter Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S
Put an old huge rack in the back of your truck where you can see it from outside the truck.. did that last year and my buddy was oh so excited then oh so pissed when he saw there was no real deer lol

Re: Best practical joke for deer camp [Re: the rattler] #5415738 11/12/14 05:48 PM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
Snake ones are always good with a ninny in camp. A couple tie wraps on the drive shaft of an ATV or truck, will usually get them in the stand well after daylight too.

If at first you dont succeed, then skydiving is not for you..

"Don't trust everything you read on the Internet"- Abraham Lincoln

Dennis

Re: Best practical joke for deer camp [Re: Western] #5415762 11/12/14 05:56 PM
K
KG68 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
I was hunting west Texas years ago with a local group of hunters. It was mostly taking jeeps and riding the mountain tops and rocking canyons and most times four hunters would occupy each jeep. One of the youngsters took a small rope and tied one of the drivers rifles in the gun rack without being noticed. Next canyon we jumped out and the action started. Learned a lot of new words in the english language that day.

Re: Best practical joke for deer camp [Re: the rattler] #5415768 11/12/14 05:58 PM
P
PMK Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
no one ever fessed up to it ... but one of our hunters found a snake skin shed in between the sheets of his bed in our bunk house. He never spent the night at camp again.

fishing line to a dead snake or coon tied to the inside of their blind door, open the door, begins to crawl.

I like the mannequin idea out in the bushes or even put it in the blind to be found early one morning.

"everyone that lives dies but not everyone who dies lived..."

~PMK~
Re: Best practical joke for deer camp [Re: PMK] #5415839 11/12/14 06:23 PM
I
ijohnston Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
I
Yep this is what I saw when the sun came up. The guy in the pic is a son of one of the lease members.

Originally Posted By: PMK
no one ever fessed up to it ... but one of our hunters found a snake skin shed in between the sheets of his bed in our bunk house. He never spent the night at camp again.

fishing line to a dead snake or coon tied to the inside of their blind door, open the door, begins to crawl.

I like the mannequin idea out in the bushes or even put it in the blind to be found early one morning.

Re: Best practical joke for deer camp [Re: the rattler] #5415932 11/12/14 07:14 PM
1860.colt Online Content
emoji colt.45
Online Content
emoji colt.45
scratch opening morning set alarm ta go off hour early flag

i'm postaddic
Re: Best practical joke for deer camp [Re: Western] #5415976 11/12/14 07:36 PM
1860.colt Online Content
emoji colt.45
Online Content
emoji colt.45
Originally Posted By: Western
Snake ones are always good with a ninny in camp. A couple tie wraps on the drive shaft of an ATV or truck, will usually get them in the stand well after daylight too.

scratch U come any closer we both gonna die. One i'm gonna die of a heart attack, & two i'm gonna shoot your a$$ while funny at time, he was dead seious. i thought snake was dead whin i grabbed it, & was turning around ta get off bank whin he said that. it got me laughen, my heart was racing, but he was serious. wasn't doing it as prank, or joke. so, confused2 pay up life insurance. latter, we laughed about it. flag

i'm postaddic
Re: Best practical joke for deer camp [Re: the rattler] #5416042 11/12/14 08:06 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Duct tape an air horn under his blind chair with the button touching the bottom of the seat.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Best practical joke for deer camp [Re: the rattler] #5416105 11/12/14 08:34 PM
D
DENTPUSHA Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
Put a firecracker in the heater. Don't be mad when they put a bottle rocket in yours to get you back 2 years later.

Re: Best practical joke for deer camp [Re: the rattler] #5416177 11/12/14 09:06 PM
C
chalet Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
C
My brother is 6'4", I'm a little shorter. I built the door to our shack where I fit through but he has to to duck. Just a matter of time before he has enough to drink and it pays off.

Shoot. Eat. Repeat.
Re: Best practical joke for deer camp [Re: the rattler] #5416254 11/12/14 09:39 PM
J
jeffbird Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
J
Hunted with some guys from Mississippi years ago, and this was a prank they pulled with an unforeseen ending.
They did a lot of business with a customer from New York City.
After a few years, the customer said he wanted to come hunt with them.
As he was a good customer, against their better judgment, they said ok.
The New Yorker acted like a New Yorker and after a couple of days everyone was sick of him and so decided to have some fun.
The made a scarecrow and put it in a ground blind one night.
The next morning while they were driving out to the stand to drop him off, they started talking about problems with poachers and how they hated poachers.
They turn the corner and the lights shine on the scarecrow in the blind.
The driver and buddy shout, "There's one. Get the !!!!!!!!'er. They jump out and unload their rifles into the blind.
The New Yorker jumps out of the truck screaming and runs off into the woods.
They cannot find him for the rest of the day.
That night a small army of law enforcement rolls up around the camp and surrounds the camp house with search lights, guns drawn, and bullhorns instructing them to come out with their hands up.
Turns out the highway patrol had picked up the New Yorker on the highway, his clothes shredded from running through the brush, screaming and flagging them down to report a murder.
After explaining what happened and showing the officers the blind, everyone broke out howling in laughter and they let them go.
The fun cost them a customer and a few tense moments, but they still told the story with a smile and a laugh.

Re: Best practical joke for deer camp [Re: jeffbird] #5416325 11/12/14 10:04 PM
R
rattler03 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R
Originally Posted By: jeffbird
Hunted with some guys from Mississippi years ago, and this was a prank they pulled with an unforeseen ending.
The New Yorker acted like a New Yorker and after a couple of days everyone was sick of him and so decided to have some fun.
The next morning while they were driving out to the stand to drop him off, they started talking about problems with poachers and how they hated poachers.
The driver and buddy shout, "There's one. Get the !!!!!!!!'er. They jump out and unload their rifles into the blind.
That night a small army of law enforcement rolls up around the camp and surrounds the camp house with search lights, guns drawn, and bullhorns instructing them to come out with their hands up.
Turns out the highway patrol had picked up the New Yorker on the highway, his clothes shredded from running through the brush, screaming and flagging them down to report a murder.
After explaining what happened and showing the officers the blind, everyone broke out howling in laughter and they let them go.
The fun cost them a customer and a few tense moments, but they still told the story with a smile and a laugh.

roflmao This has to be the best deer camp prank I've ever heard of!!!

Re: Best practical joke for deer camp [Re: the rattler] #5416382 11/12/14 10:36 PM
P
PMK Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
yep, that would cause a pucker factor ... both for the client and the invasion later that evening.

"everyone that lives dies but not everyone who dies lived..."

~PMK~
Re: Best practical joke for deer camp [Re: the rattler] #5416576 11/13/14 12:19 AM
B
BigPig Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Had a friend that was seeing a big 9 point and since he had never killed a buck he was very excited. I arrived at camp late one night armed with super glue and glued his hinged windows shut. I know this person very well and I know that he will not open a window until he's ready to shoot, simply because he is always cold. He swears to this day that he did'nt see the buck on that hunt, but he was darn mad about his windows. He has tried numerous times to return the prank but I dont hunt the same blind twice in a row.

Wade Dews, REALTOR ®
Rendon Realty, LLC
Frontline Real Estate Team
www.RendonRealty.com
WadeDews@gmail.com
214-356-2410
Up to 1% for closing costs for First Responders & Veterans
Proudly partnered with Assist The Officer Foundation https://atodallas.org/
Re: Best practical joke for deer camp [Re: the rattler] #5416605 11/13/14 12:34 AM
R
Ranch Dawg Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
R
I sacrificed an old mounted raccoon one opening weekend. I placed it in my cousins sleeping bag early that afternoon. Later that night when he attempted to go to sleep, his screams were heard all over the county. I never got that raccoon back. Lol

THE ROAD GOES ON FOREVER AND THE PARTY NEVER ENDS.

F##K YOU JOE BIDEN !!!!!
Re: Best practical joke for deer camp [Re: BigPig] #5416623 11/13/14 12:41 AM
1860.colt Online Content
emoji colt.45
Online Content
emoji colt.45
scratch could have tried ta open up window ta nutrualize the wind he broke on the inside flag

i'm postaddic
Re: Best practical joke for deer camp [Re: rattler03] #5416657 11/13/14 01:00 AM
S
Simple Searcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: rattler03
Originally Posted By: jeffbird

roflmao This has to be the best deer camp prank I've ever heard of!!!

Winner

A few weeks back my buddy shot a doe from another guys blind. He had permission to this, but a doe only.
That afternoon a guy showed up with a huge 11 pointer. My buddy had his picture taken with the buck.
Then he "mistakenly" texted the picture to the blind owner, with the text sounding like it was meant for someone else, stating that he shot the buck instead of a doe, "but don't say anything".
My buddy's phone rang immediately. It was a good laugh.

[Linked Image]

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark
Re: Best practical joke for deer camp [Re: the rattler] #5417077 11/13/14 03:34 AM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Those are funny. I almost put a snake skin in my buddies trailer last Sat. I left it outside the door to be nice. Still got the "this is not good."

Re: Best practical joke for deer camp [Re: the rattler] #5417192 11/13/14 04:24 AM
L
Lil Joe Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
L
A couple years ago one of the guys caught an armadillo and put in a guys camper. It sounded like a tornado was going through the inside of that camper when they closed the door. By the time the poor guy got to his camper that diller had torn all the curtains and blinds off the windows and carped all over everything. Looked like a tornado had gone through it

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide