Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Marksalot kennels #6254820 04/11/16 01:48 AM
LandAgent Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
Has anyone here ever used these guys for gun dog training? "Doc" from Marksalot is the SIRE for my 5 month old black lab pup I got a few months back and I'm thinking who better to train my pup then the guys who trained his dad into the hall of fame. Just wanted some feedback if anyone has heard good things or had experience with them before. Thanks!

Hunting Land & Ranch Sales. I would love to help you buy or sell your dream property! Feel free to contact me anytime with any questions you may have.

http://www.landsoftexas.com/member/339510

Colby: 940.205.7311
cwalding@v-re.com
Re: Marksalot kennels [Re: LandAgent] #6255267 04/11/16 02:42 PM
U
UTMallard Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
U
Sent you a PM.

Re: Marksalot kennels [Re: LandAgent] #6255908 04/11/16 10:52 PM
P
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
I wouldn't.

I work hard, drink a little and hunt when I can.
NRA Life Member
https://sofalasafaris.com/
Re: Marksalot kennels [Re: LandAgent] #6256304 04/12/16 03:03 AM
T
Troubador Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
I've never had a dog with him but seems everyone either loves him or hates him. he passes a lot of dogs at hunt tests every year but seems multiple people don't like him at all. sorry that didn't help much. i think if he is close to you and you could go out there often you would be fine using him.

Re: Marksalot kennels [Re: LandAgent] #6258002 04/13/16 01:52 PM
B
Bruin Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
B
Found this on the Better Business Bureau
Unresolved - The business responded to the dispute but failed to make a good faith effort to resolve it. (1 complaint) - See
Complaint
My dog was not evaluated at the beginning, not trained during the month, and was treated with much disrespect.
In August 2013 I took my dog (*** ****) out to Marks-A-Lot complex to receive obedience training and enrolled her in the one month basic course with the intention of her learning at least the basic items from the website's basic course (including heel, jumping problems, and on/off leash training).

When I picked *** up from the training center after the month long course, a female trainer showed me what she had worked on. She demonstrated all of the habits / commands that I had already taught her and none of the other commands that I had hoped she would have learned while receiving a months' worth of training. It was clear (and she openly admitted to me) that no one had evaluated *** to see what she had already had known.

She still demonstrates today some of the bad habits I was trying to correct. One of the reasons I had chosen the establishment was because it offered a "Lifetime Guarantee N/C No Charge for follow-up sessions on Basic Program." So when I called Marks-A-Lot to share with you my concerns, I was reassured that the issues would be taken care of and you'd do it on your "own dime."

However, on the day I had arranged for *** to be brought back, I called to make sure everything was okay. During the call *** ****** (the owner from what I believe) threatened to release her on his grounds and he even threatened to tie her up to the fence and demanded that I come pick her back up when I had just dropped her off that morning at his request. During the call he also acted very inappropriately by calling me an "idiot" and yelling at me through the phone without allowing me to speak.

Marks-A-Lot never did teach *** the basic obedience that I paid to have her learn and treated me with disrespect. He threatened to let my dog loose on his grounds and put me in an awkward position at work since I had to leave early to drive back out to pick her up.

His website guarantees his obedience training and includes the issues that I raise (above and below).

1) Still has issues with jumping (even though I'm working with her to correct)
2) Didn't know how to heal properly (which I have now taught her)
3) Didn't act properly on leash (which I have now taught her)
4) Doesn't act properly off leash (still has issues)

Desired Settlement
I tried to collect my fee of $650 for which I paid and Marks-A-Lot kennel accepted as payment for a month's worth of obedience training by writing a letter, however, *** ****** wrote me back and signed the letter saying "you are crazy." His website guarantees obedience training (that he has refused to provide) and includes the issues that I raise above.

- See more at: http://www.bbb.org/dallas/business-revie...h.wyynvbJm.dpuf

Re: Marksalot kennels [Re: LandAgent] #6258015 04/13/16 01:59 PM
B
Bruin Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
B
Rody Best and Best Retrievers gets pretty good reviews.
May be worth looking at this one

Re: Marksalot kennels [Re: Bruin] #6260558 04/14/16 11:36 PM
LandAgent Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
Originally Posted By: Bruin
Found this on the Better Business Bureau
Unresolved - The business responded to the dispute but failed to make a good faith effort to resolve it. (1 complaint) - See
Complaint
My dog was not evaluated at the beginning, not trained during the month, and was treated with much disrespect.
In August 2013 I took my dog (*** ****) out to Marks-A-Lot complex to receive obedience training and enrolled her in the one month basic course with the intention of her learning at least the basic items from the website's basic course (including heel, jumping problems, and on/off leash training).

When I picked *** up from the training center after the month long course, a female trainer showed me what she had worked on. She demonstrated all of the habits / commands that I had already taught her and none of the other commands that I had hoped she would have learned while receiving a months' worth of training. It was clear (and she openly admitted to me) that no one had evaluated *** to see what she had already had known.

She still demonstrates today some of the bad habits I was trying to correct. One of the reasons I had chosen the establishment was because it offered a "Lifetime Guarantee N/C No Charge for follow-up sessions on Basic Program." So when I called Marks-A-Lot to share with you my concerns, I was reassured that the issues would be taken care of and you'd do it on your "own dime."

However, on the day I had arranged for *** to be brought back, I called to make sure everything was okay. During the call *** ****** (the owner from what I believe) threatened to release her on his grounds and he even threatened to tie her up to the fence and demanded that I come pick her back up when I had just dropped her off that morning at his request. During the call he also acted very inappropriately by calling me an "idiot" and yelling at me through the phone without allowing me to speak.

Marks-A-Lot never did teach *** the basic obedience that I paid to have her learn and treated me with disrespect. He threatened to let my dog loose on his grounds and put me in an awkward position at work since I had to leave early to drive back out to pick her up.

His website guarantees his obedience training and includes the issues that I raise (above and below).

1) Still has issues with jumping (even though I'm working with her to correct)
2) Didn't know how to heal properly (which I have now taught her)
3) Didn't act properly on leash (which I have now taught her)
4) Doesn't act properly off leash (still has issues)

Desired Settlement
I tried to collect my fee of $650 for which I paid and Marks-A-Lot kennel accepted as payment for a month's worth of obedience training by writing a letter, however, *** ****** wrote me back and signed the letter saying "you are crazy." His website guarantees obedience training (that he has refused to provide) and includes the issues that I raise above.

- See more at: http://www.bbb.org/dallas/business-revie...h.wyynvbJm.dpuf

Wow

Hunting Land & Ranch Sales. I would love to help you buy or sell your dream property! Feel free to contact me anytime with any questions you may have.

cwalding@v-re.com
Re: Marksalot kennels [Re: LandAgent] #6260603 04/15/16 12:12 AM
P
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Friend of mine bought a pup and sent it there for training. "Dog has been shot over daily" was what he was told. Upon pick up his dog couldn't handle anything but a single mark. Which she was doing fine on before going there. I asked about whistle trained, hand signals, baseball, wagon wheel. "Dog is too young" he says. The dog was 18 months old. Was skin and bones. Was healthy when dropped off. Couldn't have a normal bowel movement. Probably part of the emaciated issue. Dog bolted on the first shot of the first hunt never to be seen alive again. Found dead a mile away on the road. He would not return calls. I wanted to go extract a pound of flesh. Friend didn't want his dad to know how much he lost on the dog so he refused to file a suite. Personally, I still think the pound of flesh idea was the best. I did a bit of checking on the fellow. So like I said previously.

I wouldn't.

NRA Life Member
Re: Marksalot kennels [Re: LandAgent] #6260656 04/15/16 12:41 AM
P
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
I'll add that my pup came out of dogs that came from that kennel. Came with a free month of training included. No way in hell I would send her there.

From my understanding it's a matter of things have changed significantly from the past. I don't know the whole history but my friends experience was enough to keep me from doing business there.

NRA Life Member
Re: Marksalot kennels [Re: LandAgent] #6261493 04/15/16 04:42 PM
LandAgent Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
Needless to say I'm not considering this kennel anymore. Heard terrible stories from more people than I can count. Last thing I could deal with is somebody else mistreating my pup, I'm with you on taking more than just a pound of flesh if that were to happen.

cwalding@v-re.com
Re: Marksalot kennels [Re: LandAgent] #6261868 04/15/16 09:21 PM
P
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Well it's your decision . . . whistle

NRA Life Member
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide