Print Thread
WildGamePursuits/ Outdoor Connection Agency's #4576341 09/17/13 08:27 PM
O
OCB.C. Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
O
So, just wanted to add a note to the forum here. Its a continuation to the topic "Reputable Outfitters Wanted" posted by WGP..

I would like to say to start off that the situation that occurred and transpired from Outdoor Connection Canada just plain sucks, no one likes to see these things happen. Heres my story about it though:

Last Sept I joined on with OC Canada, which Darcy ran. I was again, thrilled to find something I could do with some of my spare time by helping guys find good outfitters for their hunting trips to Canada. for over the winter things went well, booked a few guys in for some trips, 1 for spring and 2 for fall 2013. Once my 1 clients trip in march got closer he had made his final deposit to the company so things were a go. Only problem was, the hunt my client was going on got cancelled due to really cold weather and bears not being out yet, so the outfitter had cancelled the trip. So from there we offered to put the money towards a fall hunt or a full refund, in the mean time I was never paid my commission as well, so Darcy agreed to refund, however, the money actually hadn't made it to the outfitter in the first place, so even if the hunt was still a go, the outfitter wasn't even paid by OC... wtf right?

so now "I" have to somehow explain to my client what is going on... and now here is the interesting part, I called and called and called, Darcys phone was cut off but he was responding to the odd email here and there, stating that he was taking care of it (that was back in May, still no refund). I was completely left in the dark just clueless of where my clients money was. anyways to cut it short promises have been made to everyone that is out of pocket, but to this day, NO ONE has even made a simple phone call or email to ME about where the *(&^ and what the *&^% happened to these payments (clients money)...Unbelievable I tell ya. All in all there must be well over $10,000 that is randomly missing throughout outdoor connection, and thankfully my contract has ended with them but I still talk to the clients I had and OC made an absolute mess of. My clients and others that were hit by this have teamed up to recover their funds. I was just really surprised that Darcy or Marc didn't just call me and tell me what is going on??

I found it quite interesting that this WGP company was posting hunts, id be careful... anyways I could go on and on but that's my story and I don't think you will see me on this forum for quite some time, id rather spend my time with my family. Happy hunting to everyone!!

Jeremy

Re: WildGamePursuits/ Outdoor Connection Agency's [Re: OCB.C.] #4577304 09/18/13 01:20 AM
L
LK0518 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
L
Jeremy

It is very hard to believe. It happened to us with Outdoor Connection and I can promise you, we will never use a third party to book a hunt. It has been a very stressful and a miserable experience for all of us. We were just fortunate enough to have somebody in our party that had the resources to get to the bottom of it! Thanks for your honesty...And my last advice is when you read through the original thread, do not discount what we all said-it is all true.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide