I currently have one (older) gravity feeder. It tended to require more maintenance than my timed feeders - always clogging or becoming a birds nest it seamed. It had this style of tube (a 4-way?)

I have seen several other tube styles (such as the one boss buck uses (3-way?), and the several used by allseasons (they have one similar to the picture, and a different style used by the evolution line)- but have no idea how they compare. I have seen recommendations for snorkel tubes, but do not know what that refers to.
---
Anyway, it is time to fill up the protean feeder, deer are hungry. Looking for suggestions (what to buy/get). I will probably try to continue to use the old one, but would not mind getting up 2 more. Did see a suggestion for a manufacturer out of Georgetown (who give the options between 3-way and snorkel - great...). Cost is always a consideration - but I know better than to think I will be out every weekend to check on it, so it really needs to be lower maintenance than that (low maintenance>low cost). I put up a 1k corn feeder this year and it was really nice only have to fill once during the season.