So I bought this feeder,...I just wanted a small feeder that we set up about 80 yards from the front porch of the cabin. It draws in a few deer and turkey and my wife likes to just have it out there to see what might come in.

Let me give you a few pointers if you are thinking of buying this

Pros:

It has a good motor and it is pre drilled for a solar charger with rubber grommets already in place
Its pretty well designed and powder coated
The timer is super easy to program and set
The hopper has a rubber seal so when you shut the lid and latch it, its weather proof
It has a sight glass so you can see how much corn is in it
It has a great varmint guard, probably one of the best I've seen

Cons:

Its a pain to put together, it just takes a lot of time, lots of bolts, nuts, washers and screws to keep up with. It does have a decent set of instructions
It comes with 3 pieces of dog chain. I guess you are supposed to link the legs together for support.. Not sure that's necessary
When I was on the last steps of putting mine together, I found one of the ears on the varmint guard that the 4 screws go through to mount it to the hopper was bent almost double and when I tried to move it, it snapped off. The Chinese person who packed it, knew it was bad, but figured screw round eye and packed it anyway. I didn't want to disassemble the whole thing and drive it back 35 miles to town. So I called customer service. Was on hold for 5 minutes and hung up. Called again, this time was on hold for 12 minutes, stayed on the line and a lady picked up.
She acted like I should just take the whole thing back to the store. I told her that would be a bad option for me and could she just send me the replacement part?
After talking, I told her , she said I needed to give her some code off of my receipt. I couldn't do that while driving, so I agreed to scan it in and email it to them with a recap of what we talked about.
We shall see if they help me or not. If they don't I can take the cage off and bring it to town and tack weld it, but I don't want to have to do that.

All in all, I don't think I would buy it again. I should have went with my first instinct and bought the 30 gallon Moultree. I already have one at my son's bow stand it works fine and it super easy to fill without a ladder.
This feeder is $159 I think with the amount of effort it takes to assemble it, it should cost about $25 less
The Moultree is $129 and can be had for less on sale. It assembles in about 10 minutes

I didn't come here to bash this feeder, but just give you guys a heads up if you are looking at one.

Last edited by Sparky45; 09/22/17 11:53 PM.

The only easy day was yesterday

NRA Life Benefactor Member