I used one during archery season up in the NE of the country 20 years ago and had great success with it. So I decided to get another one since I gave it to my buddy years ago. I used decoys for turkey hunting so I figured why not for deer hunting since you can't bait deer where I was hunting up in the NE of the country. The decoy seems to work so far since it brought in some doe's the first time I used it here. There is a place on the back of the legs to hang a scent wick, holes for ground stakes and all the parts fit inside the body cavity. I used a nylon web strap through both sets of the leg holes in the body to make a shoulder carry strap. It also comes with two sets of ears (alert and submissive) and only weighs 14 pounds. The new model seems to have some problems with the legs not fully screwing in to the body and the neck area where the head screws in to the body was off by more than an inch to the side. So I returned it to Bass Pro and got another one. I guess they have been having problems with them because the employee said it wasn't the first one he's seen returned that week. He was helpful and even put it together for me because I didn't want to buy it without first making sure that I wasn't getting another lemon. The old model had legs that would twist lock in to place and the new model has threads on the top of the legs and a screw cap that you tighten from inside the body to hold them in place. The mold area for the legs on the body were not flat and it created a big gap between the leg and the body so the decoy looked like it was doing the Elvis when the wind blew lol. I ended up having to use a strap wrench to tighten the leg caps down inside the body but it wasn't going to fix the gap problem. I should have put it together before taking it out and I usually never take stuff out hunting without trying it first but you think that the QC would be a little better than this these days. Back in the day when I used the old model, I would bring a fishing reel, a small gremlin fishing weight and would throw the line over a tree branch from my tree stand and then attach it to the tail I made for it to give it some life when a deer would wander in. I took an old white pillow case, cut it in to a deer tail shape, sewed the edges together to make a pouch, turned it inside out, stuffed it with synthetic pillow fluffy stuff from the local 5&10 store, sewed the top closed, used a brown permanent marker to color the back of the tail, then sprayed it down with Atsko UV killer spray, let it dry and then sprayed it down with scent killer spray. Then I would sew a small loop on the tip of the tail, attach the tail to the back of the decoy with some brown painted nuts and small bolts and would tie the 6 pound mono to the tail loop. The old model had a bigger hole in the bottom cavity of the decoy so it was easier to get a tail on it. Then I tied the fishing line to my tree strap that would hold my backpack and calls. When a deer would come in to the area, I would tap the line to make the tail move up and down. Worked pretty well for me. Now they have these hands free tail motion kits and one from Primo's that uses a wireless remote that they say is good out to 40 yards but I have read reviews saying that it only works at distances less than that. So I ordered a Come Alive Tail-Wagger unit for it. It makes the tail swing side to side every 8 or 16 seconds and you can use either their foam tail or their synthetic hair tail that is glued on to a piece of foam. They test them before they pack them up and send them to you but mine came broken and the box looked like it went through hell. I got it shipped right before Christmas and the seasonal help at these shipping companies have a track record of destroying packages. So I contacted the company and the guy is shipping me out a new motor unit with priority shipping so I can get it pretty quick. I got two of their synthetic hair tails and they look great. The motor unit is pretty light and can stay mounted inside the decoy. You just unplug the battery pack and take it with you and then plug it back in when you want to use it. I will be storing the decoy fully assembled in my blind when I am done hunting so all I have to do is connect the battery pack after putting it back out when I am hunting. Hopefully it all pays off and I fill the rest of my tags during muzzleloader season. My back hurts one day and is fine the next and I am still recovering from having back surgery so I don't get out hunting as much as I want to these days. But I was blessed with getting my first Texas deer with a crossbow last month so the season has been a good one for me. I hunt on my buddies family property in Centerville Texas and they are a great group of people who will always help me get a hog or deer down to the cleaning area that they have set up if they are home. I will post a video once I get the new motor in the mail and installed in the butt of the new decoy. Hopefully I will be able to get my first Texas muzzleloader deer on video to share on here. Has anybody else on here used the Boss Babe doe decoy, grazing doe or the Boss Buck deer decoy. Had any success using them? I read that people were also having problems with the grazing doe's head falling off and some people were having to bolt it on from inside the body to keep it together. Happy New Year!!!!

Last edited by bowbuilder1971; 12/31/16 09:15 AM.