Page 1 of 2 1 2
Colt Replica #7233879 07/24/18 11:26 AM
D
DH3 Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
D
Uberti Cattleman II, 5-1/2" barrel, .45 Colt.
I plan on using it this season for venison doe. Accuracy good enough at 50 yards and I do not plan on shooting past that distance.

Old age and treachery beats youth and stupid every time!
Re: Colt Replica [Re: DH3] #7233919 07/24/18 12:32 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Those are well made guns, very popular in the Cowboy Action Shooting @ 7 yards. My old eyes could NEVER get on a deers shoulder with the ancient "sights"

The cartridge has what it will take for sure

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: Colt Replica [Re: DH3] #7234018 07/24/18 02:02 PM
C
Choctaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
That is a good revolver but don't shoot hot or "Ruger Only" loads in it and you will do fine. I've hunted with a 45 Colt for years and love it.

Re: Colt Replica [Re: DH3] #7234037 07/24/18 02:23 PM
R
RiverRider Online Confused
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Confused
THF Trophy Hunter
R
14000 psi and no more.

[Linked Image]

"Arguing with you always makes me thirsty."

-Augustus McRae
Re: Colt Replica [Re: DH3] #7234276 07/24/18 06:03 PM
D
DH3 Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
D
I wonder why some people feel it necessary to instruct me on what to shoot in my new pistol.
For example: 1. Do they assume that this is the FIRST replica pistol that I have ever purchased?
2. Do they assume that I do not know the difference between the relative strengths between Ruger pistols and Colt replicas?
3. Do they assume that I know nothing about cartridge reloading?
4. Do they assume that I am not an avid reader of all things firearms related?
5. When I indicated that I intend to hunt with the Colt replica, they felt it necessary to keep me safe from loading rounds
too hot for safety?
Here's something for you to consider...It just so happens that I did some research on the pistol, BEFORE I SPENT MY HARD EARNED MONEY! I hunted deer with pistols long before some of the advice givers were born. Got it? Thanks!

Re: Colt Replica [Re: DH3] #7234287 07/24/18 06:10 PM
fouzman Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Because people enjoy sharing knowledge on here.

Re: Colt Replica [Re: DH3] #7234301 07/24/18 06:17 PM
HWY_MAN Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: DH3
I wonder why some people feel it necessary to instruct me on what to shoot in my new pistol.
For example: 1. Do they assume that this is the FIRST replica pistol that I have ever purchased?
2. Do they assume that I do not know the difference between the relative strengths between Ruger pistols and Colt replicas?
5. When I indicated that I intend to hunt with the Colt replica, they felt it necessary to keep me safe from loading rounds
too hot for safety?
Here's something for you to consider...It just so happens that I did some research on the pistol, BEFORE I SPENT MY HARD EARNED MONEY! I hunted deer with pistols long before some of the advice givers were born. Got it? Thanks!

Mainly to make sure nobody gets hurt. Buy a pistol of that frame size and configuration (Colt knock off) and then saying I'm going to hunt deer with it just has red flag raising tendencies. That pistol is a weak framed pistol just like the Colts are and people were just saying be careful. No harm no foul! Have to admit that particular pistol probably would not make the top 20 in a go to pistol for deer.

Yes! A Weatherby does kill them deader.
Re: Colt Replica [Re: HWY_MAN] #7234327 07/24/18 06:37 PM
D
DH3 Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
D
It's probably not in the top 30, due to it's lack of adjustable sights but it will still get the job done with the right ammo and operator.
It just amazes me that some of the "weak framed" Colt pistols made in the 1800's are still being used today with no issues...

Re: Colt Replica [Re: DH3] #7234405 07/24/18 08:15 PM
J
JCB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
too hot for safety?

WOW!! I thought all the responses were positive and informative, I can only imagine what your response would have been if they called it fat and ugly. LOL

Re: Colt Replica [Re: DH3] #7234524 07/24/18 09:31 PM
C
Choctaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
too hot for safety?

A little angry today, are we? clap

Re: Colt Replica [Re: DH3] #7234678 07/24/18 11:38 PM
HWY_MAN Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
It's probably not in the top 30, due to it's lack of adjustable sights but it will still get the job done with the right ammo and operator.
It just amazes me that some of the "weak framed" Colt pistols made in the 1800's are still being used today with no issues...

Doesn't amaze me one bit, but if you run anything through it higher than black powder pressures you'll be having pieces of the cylinder removed from your upper extremities.

Re: Colt Replica [Re: JCB] #7234680 07/24/18 11:40 PM
HWY_MAN Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: JCB
too hot for safety?

WOW!! I thought all the responses were positive and informative, I can only imagine what your response would have been if they called it fat and ugly. LOL

Seems he loses his temper easily, seen it in a post from his past when he misidentified a fallow doe. Got mad and argued with everybody who corrected him.

Re: Colt Replica [Re: HWY_MAN] #7234696 07/24/18 11:56 PM
C
Choctaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: HWY_MAN
too hot for safety?

Seems he loses his temper easily, seen it in a post from his past when he misidentified a fallow doe. Got mad and argued with everybody who corrected him.

Yep, if you read over most of his posts he is argumentative if not hostile for no reason at all.

Re: Colt Replica [Re: DH3] #7234894 07/25/18 03:21 AM
S
SR025 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
I heard those were on sale at cabelas

Re: Colt Replica [Re: Choctaw] #7234897 07/25/18 03:27 AM
I
ImTheReasonDovesMourn Offline
Snarky Mark
Snarky Mark
I
Originally Posted By: Choctaw
Originally Posted By: HWY_MAN
too hot for safety?

Yep, if you read over most of his posts he is argumentative if not hostile for no reason at all.

I've said that about him several times.

Originally Posted by KRoyal
Haha yea I polished that thing for hours.
Re: Colt Replica [Re: DH3] #7234905 07/25/18 03:40 AM
Bee'z Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Online Happy
The Beedazzler
1pm is a bit early to be drunk. Just saying...

[Linked Image]
Re: Colt Replica [Re: DH3] #7234912 07/25/18 03:56 AM
S
SapperTitan Offline
Taking Requests
Taking Requests
S
I think I could find a better option to spend hard earned money on. Best case scenario maybe you shoot a deer in the [censored].

Re: Colt Replica [Re: SR025] #7234955 07/25/18 10:25 AM
C
Choctaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: SR025
I heard those were on sale at cabelas

Greatness. roflmao

Re: Colt Replica [Re: DH3] #7235080 07/25/18 01:44 PM
D
DH3 Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
D
The attack is on. KMA!

Re: Colt Replica [Re: DH3] #7235089 07/25/18 01:56 PM
C
ChrisB Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
too hot for safety?

Wake up on the wrong side of the couch?

Re: Colt Replica [Re: DH3] #7235109 07/25/18 02:09 PM
H
Huntmaster Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
Give the guy a break. Any of you guys hunt deer with a 223 and shoot at a deer at 600 to 1400 yards. Just saying. Looks like a nice gun and I haven’t heard of them being recalled or blowing up every five seconds.

Re: Colt Replica [Re: DH3] #7235128 07/25/18 02:27 PM
R
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Confused
THF Trophy Hunter
R
Maybe it's best to just let folks go on their merry way and offer no unsolicited advice. If they get themselves in trouble, tough luck...right?
coffee

[Linked Image]

-Augustus McRae
Re: Colt Replica [Re: DH3] #7235130 07/25/18 02:30 PM
kmon11 Online Shocked
junior
Online Shocked
junior
I have a Beretta Stampede 357 Mag made by Uberti shortly after Beretta bought them. Basically it is a Uberti with deep bluing and figured walnut grips. I know it is capable of deer lung size groups at 50 yards with me shooting it at least from a bench. Never have hunted with it but hae put a few hundred rounds through it.

As far as offering precautionary advise please continue to do so, some may tire of it but if it prevents an accident by someone that reads it the time to post it was not wasted. Never consider sound advice as a downgrading a post just remember many others will read the posts.

lf the saying "Liar, Liar your pants on fire" were true
Mainstream news might be fun to watch
Re: Colt Replica [Re: kmon11] #7235140 07/25/18 02:42 PM
C
Choctaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: kmon1
I have a Beretta Stampede 357 Mag made by Uberti shortly after Beretta bought them. Basically it is a Uberti with deep bluing and figured walnut grips. I know it is capable of deer lung size groups at 50 yards with me shooting it at least from a bench. Never have hunted with it but hae put a few hundred rounds through it.

I have several Uberties, Rugers and Piettas in .357, 45 Colt and other calibers. They all will definitely get the job done. If the gun is on there is no problem using fixed sights. I have never adjusted handgun sights while actually hunting and I don't use scopes. My shots have almost always been within 50 yards.

The OP stated his revolver was on so there is no question about him popping some deer.

Re: Colt Replica [Re: kmon11] #7235143 07/25/18 02:44 PM
R
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Confused
THF Trophy Hunter
R
Originally Posted By: kmon1

As far as offering precautionary advise please continue to do so, some may tire of it but if it prevents an accident by someone that reads it the time to post it was not wasted. Never consider sound advice as a downgrading a post just remember many others will read the posts.

EXACTLY.

[Linked Image]

-Augustus McRae
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide