Originally Posted by freerange
Originally Posted by Gringo Bling
Originally Posted by Creekrunner
My daughter and my grandson bought a bike for his birthday on Friday at Academy. No one helped them whatsoever - getting it off the rack, loading it, etc. Service at Academy sux. If the kids that "work" there are just gonna play grab-azz all day, as they seem to be every time I've gone in there, they could increase their profits by not hiring them in the first place. Accepting crappy service is how we got here. I made my living in sales and I busted my butt to take care of the customer. It was taught to me.

That's why bike shops exist. Every time I step foot in my local bike shop, the employees are extremely knowledgeable and helpful. Expertise doesn't come cheap. Expectations should be tempered if you're buying a bike from Academy.

I’ll beat Gasguz to it and say I agree.
And as my sig line says, “keep your gratitude higher than your expectations”.

Nope. Y'all lower your expectations if you want to, but I will not. Lower expectations has worked so well for our education system in this country. rolleyes A man sees a young woman and her young son struggling and offers to help. A self-absorbed kid does not.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28