My suggestions from hunting out there...
- Don't scout too early. If you can, wait till the last day or two before the opener. Things can change out there in a hurry based on weather and harvesting.
- If you find birds, others will too. Opening morning a few folks will trickle in about an hour before LST. Most will be scrambling the last 15 minutes to get a spot.
- The best way to have a good hunt is to try to find a decent amount of birds on the furthest fields from DFW, preferably ones that are isolated. Not the MOST birds, but a huntable number. You might get lucky and have little to no pressure and still have a good hunt.
- If you do find a good spot and have a good hunt, there will be boom scouters. It won't be a secret - hence my advice to find a spot out of the way.
- Hunt opening weekend as hard as you can. Bird numbers drop off hard.
- Don't miss the BBQ. It was the highlight of the season that last time I was on it. Good food and music.