Re: What to do with Game Wardens. [Re: scalebuster] #7244436 08/03/18 10:04 PM
C
colt45-90 Offline
Texas colt45
Texas colt45
C
Originally Posted By: scalebuster
Originally Posted By: bill oxner
Ive had stops on dove hunts by the federals. We stood aside while they counted our birds.

I’ve only had one experience with a federal and it wasn’t good. We were dove hunting on a buddies place between Rotan and Hamlin. The warden pulled up and started issuing orders. We had a limit of dove and had quit shooting. We had two guys from out of state that had mesquite plugs in their guns. The fed jammed an extra shell in their guns and told them they were going to jail. The land owner told him he wasn’t taking anyone to jail and the fed got mouthy with him and told him he may go to jail too. The landowner was an 80 year old WW2 vet and asked him if he wanted to bet on it. Landowner called the county judge on his party line and handed the phone to the fed. A short conversation later he left and told us to have a goood day. I’m glad the judge was home because the old man was serious when he told the fed no one was going to jail that day, and paid us no mind when we told him to calm down.

I know all of the local wardens where I hunt and Fish and have never had a problem with any of them. They have a job to do and there’s no reason to be an arsehole. It’s also good to know an old man that’s lived in the same small county his whole life and doesn’t put up with any bullsht on his own property.
that could have gone south...

hold on Newt, we got a runaway
Re: What to do with Game Wardens. [Re: nate33] #7244512 08/03/18 11:26 PM
S
Simple Searcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
I am always respectful to Game Wardens, I have had only two out of five encounters that the Warden was just as respectful to me or my family. I have never received a violation, although I have been treated like a criminal by them.

[Linked Image]

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark
Re: What to do with Game Wardens. [Re: nate33] #7244593 08/04/18 12:44 AM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
My son has been an LEO for years. I ride out with him at times. The general public is clueless on what these law enforcement officers deal with every day. 90% of the people they come in contact with every day are scumbags pure and simple. I have witnessed it over and over and so will you if you take the time to ride with one of them. So suffice it to say that they must have a huge amount of restraint when dealing with the public.

Yes there are sorry cops and GW's. That is true in any aspect of our society. But the vast majority are good people - They are human beings with a family at home just like all of us. All they want to do is go home at night to their family. God Bless each of them

Last edited by tlk; 08/04/18 12:48 AM.

You can't fix stupid
Re: What to do with Game Wardens. [Re: tlk] #7244596 08/04/18 12:47 AM
S
SapperTitan Offline
Taking Requests
Taking Requests
S
Originally Posted By: tlk
My son has been an LEO for years. I ride out with him at times. The general public is clueless on what these law enforcement officers deal with every day. 90% of the people they come in contact with every day are scumbags pure and simple. I have witnessed it over and over and so will you if you take the time to ride with one of them. So suffice it to say that you must have a huge amount of restraint when dealing with the public.

Yes there are sorry cops and GW's. That is true in any aspect of our society. But the vast majority are good people - They are human beings with a family at home just like all of us. All they want to do is go home at night to their family. God Bless each of them
exactly

Re: What to do with Game Wardens. [Re: tlk] #7244645 08/04/18 01:24 AM
Bee'z Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Online Happy
The Beedazzler
My son has been an LEO for years. I ride out with him at times. The general public is clueless on what these law enforcement officers deal with every day. 90% of the people they come in contact with every day are scumbags pure and simple. I have witnessed it over and over and so will you if you take the time to ride with one of them. So suffice it to say that they must have a huge amount of restraint when dealing with the public.

Well said Sir up

[Linked Image]
Re: What to do with Game Wardens. [Re: nate33] #7244647 08/04/18 01:27 AM
M
MClark Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
M
We were walking down a dirt road back to camp in the dark and GW stopped, checked licenses. He then said jump in and gave us a ride the last mile. Arizona in the '80s

Re: What to do with Game Wardens. [Re: nate33] #7244649 08/04/18 01:28 AM
W
Wilhunt Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
yes and no sir to all law enforcement . Only had a game warden 3 times in 17 years. Had a good conversation with one after he checked our license, we knew some of the same people. Checked one of our hunters and found he had used the wrong tag on a deer. Gave the guy a warning to mu surprise. The last time the warden was following up on a report of someone ith a auto firing rifle. All was well.

Re: What to do with Game Wardens. [Re: SapperTitan] #7244710 08/04/18 02:22 AM
8pointdrop Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: SapperTitan
Usually they check my stuff then we shoot the chit for a few and then he goes on his way.

Same. I shoot until he’s ready to check me then as soon as he’s done I’m shooting again. This immediately unload the gun and assume the position stuff is kinda weird. I’ve done nothing wrong and not going to act like I have. I’m very respectful, but I’m hunting.

Re: What to do with Game Wardens. [Re: tlk] #7244765 08/04/18 03:18 AM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
90% of the people they come in contact with every day are scumbags pure and simple.

Do you think that 90% of the people that Game Wardens come in contact with are scumbags?

Re: What to do with Game Wardens. [Re: BigPig] #7244770 08/04/18 03:21 AM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: BigPig
Originally Posted By: therancher
Just think about how ignorant the law is that they’re “enforcing”. Yes, the plug in shotguns law. I’d bet a lot of money they write vastly more tickets for that than any other violation. Virtually all the posts on this thread concern that ignorant law. .

If they spent as much time and resources on the violations that provide value (catching poachers), then they’d have my respect.

Just like if cops stopped enforcing speeding laws, they could catch real criminals. rolleyes

LMAO. Anyone can see the justification for speeding laws. No one, not you, not anyone can make a legitimate argument in support of plug laws.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: What to do with Game Wardens. [Re: tlk] #7244774 08/04/18 03:32 AM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

In my best Colonel Sherman T Potter's voice "Horse apples"

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: What to do with Game Wardens. [Re: maximus_flavius] #7244883 08/04/18 10:08 AM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: maximus_flavius
90% of the people they come in contact with every day are scumbags pure and simple.

Do you think that 90% of the people that Game Wardens come in contact with are scumbags?

I was not referring game wardens - I should have clarified. I was referring to LEO's on the street

Last edited by tlk; 08/04/18 10:20 AM.

You can't fix stupid
Re: What to do with Game Wardens. [Re: tlk] #7244907 08/04/18 11:45 AM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker

I was not referring game wardens - I should have clarified. I was referring to LEO's on the street

So, what % of people that GW interact with are “scumbags”, in your estimation?

Re: What to do with Game Wardens. [Re: nate33] #7244911 08/04/18 11:50 AM
M
majekman Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
M
Not sure I get ranchers point about the plugs. He’s blaming GWs for enforcing a law? That’s their job. They don’t make the laws....they just do the job of enforcement. Plain and simple.
If peeps don’t agree with a law do something to try and change it instead of moaning about it.

Re: What to do with Game Wardens. [Re: maximus_flavius] #7244914 08/04/18 11:54 AM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S

So, what % of people that GW interact with are “scumbags”, in your estimation?

Depends on what area of the state the GW has to work in.

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: What to do with Game Wardens. [Re: nate33] #7244916 08/04/18 12:01 PM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
My last interaction with a GW, was dove hunting. We saw the GW pull into the neighbors place & haul [censored] towards us. Literally seen him comin a mile away, & he’s doin 50-60mph across an open field. When he gets to us, he realizes there’s a fence between us. Instead of parking there & just hopping over the fence, he has to turn around, go back, drive around the county road, drive around to my gate, then drive thru my pastures to get to us. The whole ordeal took 10 minutes. I’ve texted everyone (maybe 15 hunters) & we are all waiting for him. He checks everybodys shotguns (even those in the trunks of cars that were not in use). This all took sometime. Wrote a few tickets for the old “no hunters safety [censored] certificate”.

I felt a lot safer.

I asked him why he didn’t just hop the fence earlier, he said he was too fat for that! We got all got a laugh & I agreed that I was too fat for fence hopping myself.

My only point is; too bad we as a society don’t put more emphasis on catching real criminals, like rapist, murderers, illegals, & meth cooks instead of normal decent guys who may break extremely minor game laws (often unknowingly).

This is why many people look at LE only as a money generating scheme. Like speed traps, expired registration, & non-working license plate lights.

I’d rather a few guys get away with not having a plug in their shotgun, while we arrest & prosecute actual criminals who do bodily harm to victims. Just my opinion.

Last edited by maximus_flavius; 08/04/18 12:02 PM.
Re: What to do with Game Wardens. [Re: majekman] #7244940 08/04/18 12:45 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: majekman
Not sure I get ranchers point about the plugs. He’s blaming GWs for enforcing a law? That’s their job. They don’t make the laws....they just do the job of enforcement. Plain and simple.
If peeps don’t agree with a law do something to try and change it instead of moaning about it.

First it’s an antiquated federal law, so good luck with changing that. Second and more important, state leo’s aren’t “doing their job” enforcing fed laws. There are MANY fed laws and some state laws that local leo’s don’t enforce.

If I was an leo it would embarrass me to enforce such an ignorant law.

Wonder why no one’s taken a stab at defending the plug law. Which no doubt is the highest % of fish cop interaction with the hunting public?

We all know why.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: What to do with Game Wardens. [Re: nate33] #7245030 08/04/18 02:36 PM
T
TBS Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
Only had one bad experience with a warden. He was a rookie and way out of line. The senior training warden stepped in and took over and it was fine.

I have higher respect for wardens than any law enforcement. Great guy (and gals). A hard job but they are typically always nice and fair.

"I Ain't Often Right But I've Never Been Wrong"

Re: What to do with Game Wardens. [Re: majekman] #7245155 08/04/18 04:53 PM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker

Ah. The old Nuremberg Defense. Just following orders, Herr Oberststurmbanfuehrer?

The SS were “just following orders” also.......

Re: What to do with Game Wardens. [Re: therancher] #7245193 08/04/18 05:30 PM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted By: therancher

First it’s an antiquated federal law, so good luck with changing that. Second and more important, state leo’s aren’t “doing their job” enforcing fed laws. There are MANY fed laws and some state laws that local leo’s don’t enforce.

If I was an leo it would embarrass me to enforce such an ignorant law.

Wonder why no one’s taken a stab at defending the plug law. Which no doubt is the highest % of fish cop interaction with the hunting public?

We all know why.

Do GWs enforce all federal laws? Do they enforce federal immigration laws?

Re: What to do with Game Wardens. [Re: maximus_flavius] #7245245 08/04/18 06:53 PM
M
majekman Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
M

Ah. The old Nuremberg Defense. Just following orders, Herr Oberststurmbanfuehrer?

The SS were “just following orders” also.......

Guess sarcasm is your point. If so, I get it. If not, well your comparison lacks an important factor called a brain

Re: What to do with Game Wardens. [Re: nate33] #7245365 08/04/18 09:23 PM
G
gusick Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
G
I call them a pig and assail them with my pocket constitution. I ask if I'm being detained or am I free to go over and over again.

Re: What to do with Game Wardens. [Re: gusick] #7245613 08/05/18 01:27 AM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted By: gusick
I call them a pig and assail them with my pocket constitution. I ask if I'm being detained or am I free to go over and over again.

roflmao

Re: What to do with Game Wardens. [Re: nate33] #7245626 08/05/18 01:48 AM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
How in the world did we go from writing a ticket for a shotgun plug to murdering millions of innocent people just because they're Jewish? rolleyes

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: What to do with Game Wardens. [Re: Grizz] #7245633 08/05/18 01:59 AM
S
scalebuster Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted By: Grizz
How in the world did we go from writing a ticket for a shotgun plug to murdering millions of innocent people just because they're Jewish? rolleyes

Many law enforcement officers and Hitler have the same little man’s disease.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide