Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Topic Options
#7226404 - 07/16/18 06:03 PM Portions
bill oxner Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Katy-Fulshear
"Look out mamma, she's backing up."

"Supersize it."

How many times have you been at the checkout behind a fat woman with two full carts with fat food?

I'm here to tell you that you can't buy or eat a whole bunch of anything to make you lose or maintain weight. You can't exercise your weight into losing or maintain weight.

Watch your portions? Think they are important ? Ever heard of eating like a bird and crapping like a horse?

#7227211 - 07/17/18 01:38 PM Re: Portions [Re: bill oxner]
HOF Online   happy
Extreme Tracker

Loc: North Central, Tx
Bill, I don't know why, but this is the hardest thing to control for me. It is tougher than quitting smoking. Tougher by a country mile. I know portion control and "what" I'm eating is the key to long term weight control. But "knowing" and "doing" are miles apart...

#7227311 - 07/17/18 03:06 PM Re: Portions [Re: bill oxner]
CitySlickerHunter Online   happy
Extreme Tracker

Loc: Tarrant County,TX
SO SO TRUE! That is why for the last 18 months, I've weighed and measured EVERYTHING! It is crazy how you think you are only eating 3 oz. of nuts, but in reality you are eating 6 oz. It is real easy to lie to yourself. violin

#7227447 - 07/17/18 05:10 PM Re: Portions [Re: bill oxner]
Bullfrog Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: N-Bedford
After eating a footlong sub today, I thought the same thing Bill. I even said it to my co-worker. "You know if I stopped halfway, sure I would have been a little miffed but 5 minutes later I would have been fine" and I knew it.

Doesn't the human brain take a while to tell you that you're full anyway? That was one of my Dad's issues too. Both brothers. I'm guilty of it too. I'm working on it. Every time I walk by the mirror, I'm reminded that I'm mad to have gained this weight.

I watched West side story last night. Look at the difference in body mass in those days compared to now. It's crazy!

#7228531 - 07/18/18 02:45 PM Re: Portions [Re: bill oxner]
Exbellicus Online   content
Pro Tracker

Loc: DFW
Part of it is allowing your stomach to shrink also. If I overeat even for one cheat meal the next day is extra tough because my stomach has stretched back out and I feel hungry easier.

#7247184 - 08/06/18 03:23 PM Re: Portions [Re: Bullfrog]
onlysmith&wesson Offline
Tracker

Loc: Lewisville/ Red River County
Eat the whole sandwich; without the bread. I know, then it ain't a sandwich, but you'll drop weight.

Seriously, my goal every day is zero carbs, zero sugar. I eat a lot, fat and protein. Some carbs through the vegetables I eat. Never hungry. Typical breakfast is four scrambled eggs with heavy cream and butter, 3-4 pieces of bacon. Dinner is steak, lobster tails, salmon, chicken, chopped sirloin with bacon and melted cheese slices with fresh green vegetables. 1-1/2 oz of tequila (or vodka), club soda and juice of fresh lime if I want a drink. There's stuff you can't have, but you'll never be hungry on this lifestyle.
Originally Posted By: Bullfrog
After eating a footlong sub today, I thought the same thing Bill. I even said it to my co-worker. "You know if I stopped halfway, sure I would have been a little miffed but 5 minutes later I would have been fine" and I knew it.

Doesn't the human brain take a while to tell you that you're full anyway? That was one of my Dad's issues too. Both brothers. I'm guilty of it too. I'm working on it. Every time I walk by the mirror, I'm reminded that I'm mad to have gained this weight.

I watched West side story last night. Look at the difference in body mass in those days compared to now. It's crazy!

© 2004-2018 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide