Page 1 of 2 1 2
WOMEN's carry uptions #7186463 06/02/18 03:57 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
OK, now ya'll can fight it out on which is better. Does you wife/girlfriend Carry ALLOT???

Now this is NOT a one upper thread, does she carry allot, be honest !!!!!!!

My daughter is petite, not a big ole honkin monster gunfighter gal. what is the best carry option? Purse???

She's tiny like Kroyals pretty wife.

Re: WOMEN's carry uptions [Re: Buzzsaw] #7186468 06/02/18 04:04 PM
B
Bar-D Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
My wife carries a lot. She carries her Kimber Micro 380 in one of her several purpose made carry purses most of the time. When she walks for exercise in the evenings, she has a carbon fiber/kydex IWB holster for her Kimber. My wife is average build, 5'2" and the IWB holster works very well for her.

Last edited by Bar-D; 06/02/18 04:05 PM.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf
Re: WOMEN's carry uptions [Re: Buzzsaw] #7186473 06/02/18 04:14 PM
C
cxjcherokec Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
The custom carry purses are the best. She can clinch the bag while sliding her hand into the carry pouch and youll be none the wiser vs her head down digging in a purse and not focusing on an attacker. Same scenario as I made in my other post. You cant react to what you cant see.

Last edited by cxjcherokec; 06/02/18 04:14 PM.
Re: WOMEN's carry uptions [Re: Buzzsaw] #7186488 06/02/18 04:35 PM
B
Brother in-law Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
She will probably need to be set up with a few option, iwb, owb, maybe appendix

Most of the purses are stylish enough for a female of her age. Plus any purse can be engineered to work. Just depends on what and how she carries the purse.

Also which weapon platform ?

I willing to help her if you need it.

Re: WOMEN's carry uptions [Re: Buzzsaw] #7186509 06/02/18 04:59 PM
K
Kthnx Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
K
My wife does not carry, doesn't really even like guns unless I'm not home... Then her opinion changes quickly. I'm constantly trying to get her to go to the range with no improvement in sight.

Future if I can get her to change. I'm thinking a hammerless revolver would be a solid choice just on ease of use, the extra trigger weight may be a problem.

If she gets handy maybe she would like my sig p238 but idk... I have terrible luck getting her involved.

Remington 700 65 Creedmoor
Burris XTR II 5-25x50
Re: WOMEN's carry uptions [Re: Buzzsaw] #7186558 06/02/18 06:04 PM
J
jeffbird Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
J
Revolvers are a bad choice for almost everyone and especially for women due to smaller hands and less grip strength.

10 - 12# trigger pull, ergonomics, low capacity, incredibly slow to reload for most = bad choice.

Any woman can learn to shoot a 9mm M&P Compact or Glock 19 with proper coaching.

The larger semi-auto pistols are easier to control and shoot well.

Also, the higher mag capacity reduces the likelihood of needing to reload, or worse running out of ammo with nothing left and a very angry and violent person on the other side.

Re: WOMEN's carry uptions [Re: jeffbird] #7186599 06/02/18 07:05 PM
B
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted By: jeffbird
Revolvers are a bad choice for almost everyone and especially for women due to smaller hands and less grip strength.

10 - 12# trigger pull, ergonomics, low capacity, incredibly slow to reload for most = bad choice.

Any woman can learn to shoot a 9mm M&P Compact or Glock 19 with proper coaching.

The larger pistols are easier to control and shoot well.

Also, the higher mag capacity reduces the likelihood of needing to reload, or worse running out of ammo with nothing left and a very angry and violent person on the other side.

Correct

Re: WOMEN's carry uptions [Re: Buzzsaw] #7186619 06/02/18 07:23 PM
K
Kthnx Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
K
I don't disagree that there are much better options than a revolver but a revolver is better than nothing.

If the 3 shots in 3 seconds at 3 yards has any bearing on real life then statistically speaking on average the 5 shots would be enough.

The whole concealed carry idea is just a list of compromises.

Burris XTR II 5-25x50
Re: WOMEN's carry uptions [Re: Buzzsaw] #7186620 06/02/18 07:24 PM
G
gusick Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
G
If I were a girl, I'd put my gun in my purse.

Re: WOMEN's carry uptions [Re: Buzzsaw] #7186621 06/02/18 07:24 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
I agree on this one !! Great ideas

Does Coach or Dooney and Burke make a holster purse. My daughter is like Brother in Law, VERY high maintenance banana

Re: WOMEN's carry uptions [Re: gusick] #7186625 06/02/18 07:27 PM
K
Kthnx Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
K
Originally Posted By: gusick
If I were a girl, I'd put my gun in my purse.

I probably would too, they get all the cool carry stuff

Burris XTR II 5-25x50
Re: WOMEN's carry uptions [Re: Kthnx] #7186655 06/02/18 08:09 PM
J
jeffbird Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
J
Originally Posted By: Kthnx
...If the 3 shots in 3 seconds at 3 yards has any bearing on real life then statistically speaking on average the 5 shots would be enough.

3-3-3 is a bare minimum beginning point for preparation, not the end point.

Another drill is at 10 or 15 yards, draw, fire 4, reload, fire 4, in 10 seconds.

There are some who can do that with a revolver, but it takes a lot of time and practice.

Re: WOMEN's carry uptions [Re: Buzzsaw] #7186668 06/02/18 08:23 PM
K
Kthnx Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
K
Bare minimum is still a lot better than nothing

Most of the women in my family can't operate a slide... So a lot has to do with the operater.

My point being, yes there are better options but a hammerless revolver is the simplest gun to use.

Last edited by Kthnx; 06/02/18 08:40 PM.

Burris XTR II 5-25x50
Re: WOMEN's carry uptions [Re: Buzzsaw] #7186676 06/02/18 08:31 PM
G
gusick Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
G
Originally Posted By: Buzzsaw
I agree on this one !! Great ideas

Does Coach or Dooney and Burke make a holster purse. My daughter is like Brother in Law, VERY high maintenance banana

I don't know, but I would get a purple purse with brown trim.

Re: WOMEN's carry uptions [Re: Buzzsaw] #7186692 06/02/18 08:57 PM
R
RiverRider Online Confused
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Confused
THF Trophy Hunter
R
I DISagree on [double-action] revolvers. Their reliability is undeniable, and they are as simple as it gets in that all you have to remember is to pull the trigger. They are very safe.

I prefer a semi-auto like the XD, myself, but I've trained enough to know I won't need to rack the slide and I also appreciate the additional ammo capacity.

[Linked Image]

"Arguing with you always makes me thirsty."

-Augustus McRae
Re: WOMEN's carry uptions [Re: RiverRider] #7186716 06/02/18 09:33 PM
J
jeffbird Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
J
Originally Posted By: RiverRider
I DISagree on [double-action] revolvers. Their reliability is undeniable, and they are as simple as it gets in that all you have to remember is to pull the trigger. They are very safe.

I just spent time on a range with some retired officers in their 60's and 70's that would strongly disagree with you about revolver reliability. Cylinders binding up or cylinder timing being off were their major complaint. Either problem results in a stoppage, which is way harder to fix quickly than a tap rack to a semi. fwiw - both thought Colt revolvers were more prone to break than S&W's, but both love their hi-cap Glocks and went on rants about revolvers.

A sample of others' thoughts:

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/revolvers-dont-jam-firearms-myths/

http://preparedgunowners.com/2015/07/30/why-revolvers-are-not-more-reliable-than-semi-auto-pistols/

Sample summary:

All this comes with a price, however. When you move from shooting .357 magnums in a heavy, large frame, steel revolver with a six-inch barrel to shooting them in a lightweight, small frame, alloy revolver with a sub two-inch barrel, something has to give. Most often it’s the shooter, but sometimes it’s the gun.

In my case, the higher pressure ammo blew out the primer and tied up the cylinder, but there are other gremlins out there to watch for. Heat buildup has caused problems in some revolvers in the past as materials expand and required clearances shrink. On some guns, newly added internal locking mechanisms and indicators have malfunctioned under recoil and components have bound up the action. On some of the featherweight guns, heavy-for-caliber bullets have jumped their crimp under recoil and been pulled far enough forward to prevent cylinder rotation. In yet other guns, unburned powder from the more heavily stoked cartridges has accumulated under the ejector star, preventing the cylinder from closing or rotating due to the extremely tight tolerances in these little guns. The same can happen at the cylinder gap, if tolerances are running tight and fouling is excessive.

https://www.luckygunner.com/lounge/testing-revolvers-reliability/

Another really good to read article.

http://preparedgunowners.com/2015/08/04/...nal-protection/

In my recent article on why revolvers are NOT more reliable than modern semi-auto handguns, I ticked off a lot of die hard wheel gun fans.

In truth, I expected the backlash … but… this isn’t about making friends, this is about sharing hard-won info that can save your life, or the life of someone you love.

If that means I have to skull-stomp a sacred cow then so be it.

What’s more: I said at the outset that “if you like you wheel guns, you can keep em’!”because I’m sure I’m not going to get a die hard revolver fan to give up his favorite piece. And why should he? If you like it, keep doing it … just don’t mislead others into thinking that 1800’s technology is somehow the best choice for personal protection and/or concealed carry in 2015. It’s not.

So let’s continue and talk about why Revolvers are obsolete for a self-defense fighting gun.
You Need a Fighting Gun …

One thing you’ll hear from the lefties and anti-gunners is “all guns are made for killing” — to quote Tom Givens — that is nonsense.

There are guns made for all types of things. Sporting uses, hunting, target shooting, plinking or fun shooting, as collecter pieces (Art basically) and more.

For our purposes, we’re talking about a fighting gun. You want a gun that you can carry with you on your person that is reliable, effective, concealable and made for fighting.

With THAT criteria in mind, let’s talk about why revolvers are not a good choice for most people (we’ll be focusing on the double-action revolver because nobody in their right mind would argue that a single-action revolver is an actual choice on the table)…

1. Low Capacity. Yes, I’m starting by hitting below the belt because it needs to be said. Revolvers fall way short in capacity. The common concealed carry chioce, the J-frame holds only 5 rounds. That is woefully inadequate for a fighting pistol for a number of reasons.

Consider that even untrained shooters can shoot 4 rounds per second, and you realize that a J-frame can only keep you in the fight 1.25 seconds. With the typical gunfight lasting 3 seconds … that doesn’t sound appealing.

One magazine in the Glock 19 holds 15 rounds (plus one in the chamber) giving you three times the ammunition to save your life without reloading.

Statistically, just drawing your gun will most likely cause your attacker to run away and you won’t need more than 5 shots … but … if we’re talking statistically then you could take the odds that you’ll never be in a gunfight in the first place, so why carry a gun?

2. Hard (impossible?) to reload. Revolvers are hard, to near impossible to reload under stress. As we discussed, 5 bullets may not be enough to stop your threat or get you out of trouble and you may need more. Good luck trying to reload your revolver in time though. This is the reason the “New York Reload” became so popular with the old NYPD who would carry two revolvers so when one went empty you just grabbed the backup gun and kept shooting. Again, you would need three new york reload, 5-shot revolvers to (almost) equal the capacity of one Glock 19 magazine (15+1).

(Yes, I know Jerry Miculek can shoot 6 shots reload and 6 more with a revolver in less than 3 seconds — you are not Jerry Miculek. And I’ve never heard of anyone doing it in a gunfight — that wasn’t a cop, already hidden behind a car with plenty of backup.)

3. Bad Sights. In my experience the sights on J-frames and other concealed carry revolvers are hard to aim with. It reminded me of a bead on a shotgun, just not that precise. (It’s my understanding, the Baughman ramp found on most fixed-sighted S&W revolvers was designed in the 1930s to alleviate snagging on the leather holsters of that era. Not a problem nowadays.)

Now, I am NOT one to say that Glock sights are good to go from the factory because I hate them with the passion of a thousand suns … but … I would still take the stock Glock sights over the last revolver sights I used.

Plus, in most cases you’re carrying a 2 or 3 inche barrel wheel gun (because its small and easy to carry) which reduces the sight radius, making it even harder to aim …

4. It’s Bulky. The J-Frame is considered the gold standard “pocket gun”. You can just drop it in your pocket and get on with life. The Glock 26 is almost the exact same size, but because of the revolver’s cylinder, the Glock (not a thin supermodel size gun by any means) is actually thinner. The Glock 26 holds 10+1 rounds vs the J-frame’s 5.

5. Trigger Weight. Because double-action revolvers have the trigger doing double-action (rotating the cylinder AND dropping the hammer) the trigger pull is always much longer/heavier. Lighter triggers are easier to shoot. Shooting a double-action revolver well takes a lot more work/skill/practice. Combine a bad trigger with hard to use sights and you might think having more than 5 rounds is a good idea?

6. Stout Recoil. People like J-frames because they’re easy to carry because they’re small … and … now they’re light. They kept making smaller, lighter revolvers and now there are not just steel but aluminum, scandium and even titanium frames on small revolvers. These are all so light, that when you put in a good +P .38 self defense load (or a .357 magnum …) you get a gun that kicks. Hard. Harder recoil makes a gun harder to shoot accurately, fast, under stress.

7. No good way to carry extra ammo. Along with being hard to reload fast under stress, and not carrying much ammo on the gun, even the “reloads” you can carry are not easy to use. There are five basic ways to carry reloads or additional ammunition for the revolver:

1. Loose cartridges in a pocket.
2. Cartridges in a dump pouch.
3. Speed strips that hold the ammunition in a straight line.
4. Speed loaders.
5. Moon clips.

I believe most wheelgun shooters prefer speed loaders, because it’s the one method that sucks less to reload with, but it’s still far less than ideal.

Consider that with a modern semi-auto like the Glock 19 you have three times the ammunition on board with the weapon (15 vs 5) and then if you want to reload it you can either carry 15 MORE rounds in one magazine (or you can do like me and carry a Glock 17 magazine as a backup, with 17 rounds) and the additional magazine is easier, faster, and more reliable to reload with.
In Conclusion …

Not only are revolvers not more reliable than the modern semi-auto pistol, they are just not a good choice overall as a fighting pistol.

For all the diehards out there … consider this:

In 1911, the ARMY and the rest of the military made the decision to switch to a semi-auto pistol, replacing the revolvers used in the past. This was over 100 years ago. If I told you today that tomorrow you would be sent to the Middle East with an M4 Carbine and a sidearm and you had a choice between a J-frame revolver or the M9 Beretta 9mm handgun which would you choose?

Nobody in their right mind would go into a fight with a 100+ year old design weapon with less capacity, a worse trigger, worse sights, no good way to carry reloads, etc

The decision is an easy one.

Don’t forget why you carry a gun in the first place (you might have to get into a gunfight, so you want a gun you can fight with) …

Again, revolvers are cool and all but they are a victim of the technology of their time. They are over 100+ year old technology and the world has moved on. There are much, much better choices for a fighting pistol than the 5-shot concealed carry revolver.

Re: WOMEN's carry uptions [Re: Buzzsaw] #7186735 06/02/18 09:47 PM
janie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Buzz, I carry every day. I'm 5'8 and weigh a buck ten. AIWB. Never carry a purse. Strap around my shoulder gives a perp the opportunity to grab it and yank my butt to the ground, while said perp is now hauling butt with a purse,cash, credit cards and pistol inside.

Daily carry is a Glock M42. Spare mag is in my pocket.

He is your friend defender your dog. Be worthy of such devotion

[Linked Image]
Re: WOMEN's carry uptions [Re: jeffbird] #7186811 06/02/18 11:05 PM
R
RiverRider Online Confused
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Confused
THF Trophy Hunter
R
Originally Posted By: jeffbird
Originally Posted By: RiverRider

I just spent time on a range with some retired officers in their 60's and 70's that would strongly disagree with you about revolver reliability. Cylinders binding up or cylinder timing being off were their major complaint. Either problem results in a stoppage, which is way harder to fix quickly than a tap rack to a semi. fwiw - both thought Colt revolvers were more prone to break than S&W's, but both love their hi-cap Glocks and went on rants about revolvers.

A sample of others' thoughts:

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/revolvers-dont-jam-firearms-myths/

http://preparedgunowners.com/2015/07/30/why-revolvers-are-not-more-reliable-than-semi-auto-pistols/

Sample summary:

All this comes with a price, however. When you move from shooting .357 magnums in a heavy, large frame, steel revolver with a six-inch barrel to shooting them in a lightweight, small frame, alloy revolver with a sub two-inch barrel, something has to give. Most often it’s the shooter, but sometimes it’s the gun.

In my case, the higher pressure ammo blew out the primer and tied up the cylinder, but there are other gremlins out there to watch for. Heat buildup has caused problems in some revolvers in the past as materials expand and required clearances shrink. On some guns, newly added internal locking mechanisms and indicators have malfunctioned under recoil and components have bound up the action. On some of the featherweight guns, heavy-for-caliber bullets have jumped their crimp under recoil and been pulled far enough forward to prevent cylinder rotation. In yet other guns, unburned powder from the more heavily stoked cartridges has accumulated under the ejector star, preventing the cylinder from closing or rotating due to the extremely tight tolerances in these little guns. The same can happen at the cylinder gap, if tolerances are running tight and fouling is excessive.

https://www.luckygunner.com/lounge/testing-revolvers-reliability/

Another really good to read article.

http://preparedgunowners.com/2015/08/04/...nal-protection/

In my recent article on why revolvers are NOT more reliable than modern semi-auto handguns, I ticked off a lot of die hard wheel gun fans.

In truth, I expected the backlash … but… this isn’t about making friends, this is about sharing hard-won info that can save your life, or the life of someone you love.

If that means I have to skull-stomp a sacred cow then so be it.

What’s more: I said at the outset that “if you like you wheel guns, you can keep em’!”because I’m sure I’m not going to get a die hard revolver fan to give up his favorite piece. And why should he? If you like it, keep doing it … just don’t mislead others into thinking that 1800’s technology is somehow the best choice for personal protection and/or concealed carry in 2015. It’s not.

So let’s continue and talk about why Revolvers are obsolete for a self-defense fighting gun.
You Need a Fighting Gun …

One thing you’ll hear from the lefties and anti-gunners is “all guns are made for killing” — to quote Tom Givens — that is nonsense.

There are guns made for all types of things. Sporting uses, hunting, target shooting, plinking or fun shooting, as collecter pieces (Art basically) and more.

For our purposes, we’re talking about a fighting gun. You want a gun that you can carry with you on your person that is reliable, effective, concealable and made for fighting.

With THAT criteria in mind, let’s talk about why revolvers are not a good choice for most people (we’ll be focusing on the double-action revolver because nobody in their right mind would argue that a single-action revolver is an actual choice on the table)…

1. Low Capacity. Yes, I’m starting by hitting below the belt because it needs to be said. Revolvers fall way short in capacity. The common concealed carry chioce, the J-frame holds only 5 rounds. That is woefully inadequate for a fighting pistol for a number of reasons.

Consider that even untrained shooters can shoot 4 rounds per second, and you realize that a J-frame can only keep you in the fight 1.25 seconds. With the typical gunfight lasting 3 seconds … that doesn’t sound appealing.

One magazine in the Glock 19 holds 15 rounds (plus one in the chamber) giving you three times the ammunition to save your life without reloading.

Statistically, just drawing your gun will most likely cause your attacker to run away and you won’t need more than 5 shots … but … if we’re talking statistically then you could take the odds that you’ll never be in a gunfight in the first place, so why carry a gun?

2. Hard (impossible?) to reload. Revolvers are hard, to near impossible to reload under stress. As we discussed, 5 bullets may not be enough to stop your threat or get you out of trouble and you may need more. Good luck trying to reload your revolver in time though. This is the reason the “New York Reload” became so popular with the old NYPD who would carry two revolvers so when one went empty you just grabbed the backup gun and kept shooting. Again, you would need three new york reload, 5-shot revolvers to (almost) equal the capacity of one Glock 19 magazine (15+1).

(Yes, I know Jerry Miculek can shoot 6 shots reload and 6 more with a revolver in less than 3 seconds — you are not Jerry Miculek. And I’ve never heard of anyone doing it in a gunfight — that wasn’t a cop, already hidden behind a car with plenty of backup.)

3. Bad Sights. In my experience the sights on J-frames and other concealed carry revolvers are hard to aim with. It reminded me of a bead on a shotgun, just not that precise. (It’s my understanding, the Baughman ramp found on most fixed-sighted S&W revolvers was designed in the 1930s to alleviate snagging on the leather holsters of that era. Not a problem nowadays.)

Now, I am NOT one to say that Glock sights are good to go from the factory because I hate them with the passion of a thousand suns … but … I would still take the stock Glock sights over the last revolver sights I used.

Plus, in most cases you’re carrying a 2 or 3 inche barrel wheel gun (because its small and easy to carry) which reduces the sight radius, making it even harder to aim …

4. It’s Bulky. The J-Frame is considered the gold standard “pocket gun”. You can just drop it in your pocket and get on with life. The Glock 26 is almost the exact same size, but because of the revolver’s cylinder, the Glock (not a thin supermodel size gun by any means) is actually thinner. The Glock 26 holds 10+1 rounds vs the J-frame’s 5.

5. Trigger Weight. Because double-action revolvers have the trigger doing double-action (rotating the cylinder AND dropping the hammer) the trigger pull is always much longer/heavier. Lighter triggers are easier to shoot. Shooting a double-action revolver well takes a lot more work/skill/practice. Combine a bad trigger with hard to use sights and you might think having more than 5 rounds is a good idea?

6. Stout Recoil. People like J-frames because they’re easy to carry because they’re small … and … now they’re light. They kept making smaller, lighter revolvers and now there are not just steel but aluminum, scandium and even titanium frames on small revolvers. These are all so light, that when you put in a good +P .38 self defense load (or a .357 magnum …) you get a gun that kicks. Hard. Harder recoil makes a gun harder to shoot accurately, fast, under stress.

7. No good way to carry extra ammo. Along with being hard to reload fast under stress, and not carrying much ammo on the gun, even the “reloads” you can carry are not easy to use. There are five basic ways to carry reloads or additional ammunition for the revolver:

1. Loose cartridges in a pocket.
2. Cartridges in a dump pouch.
3. Speed strips that hold the ammunition in a straight line.
4. Speed loaders.
5. Moon clips.

I believe most wheelgun shooters prefer speed loaders, because it’s the one method that sucks less to reload with, but it’s still far less than ideal.

Consider that with a modern semi-auto like the Glock 19 you have three times the ammunition on board with the weapon (15 vs 5) and then if you want to reload it you can either carry 15 MORE rounds in one magazine (or you can do like me and carry a Glock 17 magazine as a backup, with 17 rounds) and the additional magazine is easier, faster, and more reliable to reload with.
In Conclusion …

Not only are revolvers not more reliable than the modern semi-auto pistol, they are just not a good choice overall as a fighting pistol.

For all the diehards out there … consider this:

In 1911, the ARMY and the rest of the military made the decision to switch to a semi-auto pistol, replacing the revolvers used in the past. This was over 100 years ago. If I told you today that tomorrow you would be sent to the Middle East with an M4 Carbine and a sidearm and you had a choice between a J-frame revolver or the M9 Beretta 9mm handgun which would you choose?

Nobody in their right mind would go into a fight with a 100+ year old design weapon with less capacity, a worse trigger, worse sights, no good way to carry reloads, etc

The decision is an easy one.

Don’t forget why you carry a gun in the first place (you might have to get into a gunfight, so you want a gun you can fight with) …

Again, revolvers are cool and all but they are a victim of the technology of their time. They are over 100+ year old technology and the world has moved on. There are much, much better choices for a fighting pistol than the 5-shot concealed carry revolver.

Strictly OPINION. There are many credible opinions on the other side of the fence.

[Linked Image]

"Arguing with you always makes me thirsty."

-Augustus McRae
Re: WOMEN's carry uptions [Re: janie] #7186843 06/02/18 11:33 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted By: janie
Buzz, I carry every day. I'm 5'8 and weigh a buck ten. AIWB. Never carry a purse. Strap around my shoulder gives a perp the opportunity to grab it and yank my butt to the ground, while said perp is now hauling butt with a purse,cash, credit cards and pistol inside.

Daily carry is a Glock M42. Spare mag is in my pocket.

what holsters do you like?

Re: WOMEN's carry uptions [Re: Buzzsaw] #7186856 06/02/18 11:52 PM
W
wp75169 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
W
Not intending to be rude at all but does she wear dresses often? I know a girl rather petite and she carried a Kahr 380 in a thigh holster. She could draw it faster than most and be on target, I guess it doesn’t matter if you’re dress is up a little when you need a gun.

Re: WOMEN's carry uptions [Re: wp75169] #7186918 06/03/18 12:46 AM
B
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Kahr 380 was the most jamming gun I’ve ever had , all ammo, rebuilt etc

It is a great size and weight

Re: WOMEN's carry uptions [Re: Brother in-law] #7186930 06/03/18 12:56 AM
W
wp75169 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
W
Originally Posted By: Brother in-law
Kahr 380 was the most jamming gun I’ve ever had , all ammo, rebuilt etc

It is a great size and weight

Very interesting. We had two, followed proper breakin procedure and never had a hiccup after that. Many many rounds fired down range. Accurate to boot.

Re: WOMEN's carry uptions [Re: Buzzsaw] #7187044 06/03/18 02:48 AM
S
spankyttx Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
how bout the hi-point 380, i've never fired one but i've been told there dependable and accurate, i looked at one, it felt ok in my hand and i did like the fixed barrel??? my little girl chose the glock 43 with a g-code iwb holster

LI-SI-WI-NWI
Re: WOMEN's carry uptions [Re: Buzzsaw] #7187105 06/03/18 06:39 AM
O
okstatefan Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
O

Well now that I have heard it from "jeffbird" the authority, I'll just toss my revolvers in the bin.

Well, maybe not. I'll start with my wife. She has RA and cannot rack a slide on very many semi handguns. She can sure pull the trigger on a GP100 and and LCR.

Secondly, all hand guns are not the same. I trust an LCR more than a Kel-Tec PF9 or a S&W bodyguard; probably even more than a G42 or G43.

Finally, there is no substitution for practice. A seasoned shooter with a wheel gun is very much more affective than a new shooter with a glock.

Re: WOMEN's carry uptions [Re: okstatefan] #7187247 06/03/18 01:56 PM
S
snake oil Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted By: okstatefan

Well now that I have heard it from "jeffbird" the authority, I'll just toss my revolvers in the bin.

Well, maybe not. I'll start with my wife. She has RA and cannot rack a slide on very many semi handguns. She can sure pull the trigger on a GP100 and and LCR.

Secondly, all hand guns are not the same. I trust an LCR more than a Kel-Tec PF9 or a S&W bodyguard; probably even more than a G42 or G43.

Finally, there is no substitution for practice. A seasoned shooter with a wheel gun is very much more affective than a new shooter with a glock.

Agree completely.......

"You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas".
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide