416777 Topics
6041832 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Topic Options
#7172232 - 05/17/18 11:00 AM Off-Season Inspiration-Wounded Vetís Sheep Hunt
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Corsicana
My wife and I had the privilege of meeting wounded chopper gunner Kirstie Ennis at the WSF Sheep Show in January. This video (broken down into two episodes below) of her Dall sheep hunt was shown for the first time at the Life Member Breakfast there. When it was over, there were very few dry eyes in the house. Kirstie is as tough as they come and continues to work on behalf of wounded warriors everywhere, inspiring them to go further and reach higher than they ever thought they could. In the process, she is an inspiration to us all.

Whether you are interested in sheep hunting or not, these videos are worth your time to meet Kirstie and witness her determination as she pursues a goal that kept her going during her long road to recovery.

#7172326 - 05/17/18 12:53 PM Re: Off-Season Inspiration-Wounded Vetís Sheep Hunt [Re: Nogalus Prairie]
Duck_Hunter Online   content
THF Trophy Hunter

Iíve been following her on Instagram for a while now. She has been through a lot. Very inspirational.

#7172338 - 05/17/18 01:05 PM Re: Off-Season Inspiration-Wounded Vetís Sheep Hunt [Re: Nogalus Prairie]
Mr. T. Offline
Veteran Tracker

Loc: Hunt in Cass County, live in T...
Very inspiring flag

#7172559 - 05/17/18 05:51 PM Re: Off-Season Inspiration-Wounded Vetís Sheep Hunt [Re: Nogalus Prairie]
colt.45 Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: wondering about the woods
bang videos not showing think new version android not up ta date.

Tip me cowboyhat ta Kirstie Ennis...
flag

i'm postaddic

#7172898 - 05/18/18 12:17 AM Re: Off-Season Inspiration-Wounded Vetís Sheep Hunt [Re: Nogalus Prairie]
SherpaPhil Online   content
Woodsman

Loc: Dallas
Great videos. I had not heard of her, thanks for posting.

#7173182 - 05/18/18 10:51 AM Re: Off-Season Inspiration-Wounded Vetís Sheep Hunt [Re: Nogalus Prairie]
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity

Anonymous donors surprised Kirstie with a life-sized mount of her ram onstage at the show. It was a very touching moment (among many others) for those of us who got to witness it.

Iím not trying to push anything on anyone, but if youíve got 20 minutes or so to spare, I can guarantee those videos are head and shoulders above most of the hunting stuff you see on TV.

On a personal note, Kirstie inspired my bride to accompany me on some of my hunts and even begin planning for hunts herself. I am super excited about that! Lol my wife is in better shape than me, so I have no doubt that soon I will be trying to keep up with her as she chases stuff in the high country.

smile

#7174129 - 05/19/18 10:24 AM Re: Off-Season Inspiration-Wounded Vetís Sheep Hunt [Re: Nogalus Prairie]
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Murphy, TX Dickens county
cheers

Outstanding!

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920

#7174148 - 05/19/18 10:53 AM Re: Off-Season Inspiration-Wounded Vetís Sheep Hunt [Re: Nogalus Prairie]
NMGW Offline
Pro Tracker

Loc: New Mexico
WOW that was inspirational. That young lady has some determination. Thanks for sharing. flag

#7174262 - 05/19/18 02:02 PM Re: Off-Season Inspiration-Wounded Vetís Sheep Hunt [Re: Nogalus Prairie]
Theringworm Online   content
Tracker

Loc: Midland, TX
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie
Anonymous donors surprised Kirstie with a life-sized mount of her ram onstage at the show. It was a very touching moment (among many others) for those of us who got to witness it.

Iím not trying to push anything on anyone, but if youíve got 20 minutes or so to spare, I can guarantee those videos are head and shoulders above most of the hunting stuff you see on TV.

On a personal note, Kirstie inspired my bride to accompany me on some of my hunts and even begin planning for hunts herself. I am super excited about that! Lol my wife is in better shape than me, so I have no doubt that soon I will be trying to keep up with her as she chases stuff in the high country.

smile

NP, any footage of her being presented her ram at the Show? I would love to see it if so. The only thing better than my own hunts/experiences are watching quality footage of hunts like these. What a warrior she is. I tip my hat to her and all of those "wounded warriors" who continue to pursue their dreams and to those that aid them along the way. This is what makes America great. Thanks for sharing.

#7174275 - 05/19/18 02:39 PM Re: Off-Season Inspiration-Wounded Vetís Sheep Hunt [Re: Mr. T.]
dogcatcher Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Abilene or on the road...
Originally Posted By: Mr. T.
Very inspiring flag

#7174572 - 05/19/18 08:55 PM Re: Off-Season Inspiration-Wounded Vetís Sheep Hunt [Re: Theringworm]
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity

Originally Posted By: Theringworm
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

smile

NP, any footage of her being presented her ram at the Show? I would love to see it if so. The only thing better than my own hunts/experiences are watching quality footage of hunts like these. What a warrior she is. I tip my hat to her and all of those "wounded warriors" who continue to pursue their dreams and to those that aid them along the way. This is what makes America great. Thanks for sharing.

Iím sure someone videoed it but I canít locate it. frown

© 2004-2018 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide