Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Guiding on Public land [Re: Hko] #7170004 05/15/18 12:55 AM
D
DavidC. Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
I'm all for it, and don't have an issue with guided hunts on public land, it always goes Down to what the wardens will "allow" you as an citizen to charge, in Louisiana you can't even charge for your actual costs!
Texas I'm not sure I got mixed answers when I called last season, personally its not worth the trouble dealing with the state people, but then, that's what they want.
Most of my hunts are private, when I'm public, its just a hunting trip with friends, does 150.00 cover your gas, equipment, shells, license, time on the road, dogs, food, water, mechanical issues, mother nature?
DC

Re: Guiding on Public land [Re: Hko] #7170048 05/15/18 01:28 AM
Sniper John Online Happy
gumshoe
Online Happy
gumshoe
Ducknbass. That was a question another forum member had asked. I asked also as a general question related to all public land and got the same answer. There is no doubt guiding hunting on public property in Texas is illegal. The question related to how tpwd defines it would be is a water body within public land also considered part of the property? If not then a private water guide operation should not be required to have a hunting lease license as well.

Re: Guiding on Public land [Re: Hko] #7170056 05/15/18 01:37 AM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Then people open advertise criminal activity on this forum and throughout the internet.

I don't see it.

Re: Guiding on Public land [Re: Hko] #7170061 05/15/18 01:40 AM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Nevermind the coast....

Re: Guiding on Public land [Re: Hko] #7170062 05/15/18 01:41 AM
Sniper John Online Happy
gumshoe
Online Happy
gumshoe
Originally Posted By: ducknbass
Then people open advertise criminal activity on this forum and throughout the internet.

I don't see it.

Why I called it a nest of bees no one dares touch. I agree with you, but we can't always apply logic or common sense to hunting regulations.

Re: Guiding on Public land [Re: Guy] #7170082 05/15/18 01:55 AM
N
ndhunter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
Originally Posted By: Guy
IBTL. popcorn

2 pages in and the word Pimp has not been used

Re: Guiding on Public land [Re: Sniper John] #7170087 05/15/18 01:57 AM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted By: Sniper John

I don't see it.

Why I called it a nest of bees no one dares touch. I agree with you, but we can't always apply logic or common sense to hunting regulations.

All things State.

Re: Guiding on Public land [Re: Hko] #7170127 05/15/18 02:25 AM
Sniper John Online Happy
gumshoe
Online Happy
gumshoe
There are lots of unenforced rules. Things like birds in freezer part of possession limit. Latest crow depredation/hunting rules. Rabies document carried with your dog on public hunting lands and crossing state lines. Local like one lake requiring your dog to wear orange even while duck hunting. Sometimes it is best not to ask and bring attention to something, nor would I if my living was related to guided duck hunting on public property in Texas. Leave it grey.

Re: Guiding on Public land [Re: ducknbass] #7170170 05/15/18 03:15 AM
B
BDB Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Originally Posted By: BDB
Originally Posted By: woodduckhunter
how is not allowing guiding on public waters in texas an overstep of states rights? The state doesn't even own and or control the majority of the lakes anyway. IMO some of the lakes should be open to hunting to provide some a place to go hunt and enjoy. But having a "monetary gain" off of something that you did not build, pay for, maintain, etc? Tell me what and how anything benefits from having duck guides running around on public waters?

So if the state does not own, control them wouldn't it be bit of a step for it to be a state law against it?

State owns the game like deer and turkey. Until they migrate out of here confused2

This thread is concerning....do I hunt hunt public? I've bragged for 4 years about being a macho public hunter! hammer

This is migratory forum. State does not own any waterfowl or migratory game bird.

So TPWD warden cannot legally write someone a ticket while waterfowl hunting if the "crime" relates directly to the birds? All else being legal?

Re: Guiding on Public land [Re: Hko] #7170184 05/15/18 03:42 AM
Sniper John Online Happy
gumshoe
Online Happy
gumshoe
The State owns them when within the state boundary. The State being the people of the state.

SUBCHAPTER B. PROPERTY OF THE STATE
Sec. 1.011. PROPERTY OF THE STATE. (a) All wild animals, fur-
bearing animals, wild birds, and wild fowl inside the borders of this
state are the property of the people of this state.

Re: Guiding on Public land [Re: Sniper John] #7170232 05/15/18 10:49 AM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
The State owns them when within the state boundary. The State being the people of the state.

SUBCHAPTER B. PROPERTY OF THE STATE
Sec. 1.011. PROPERTY OF THE STATE. (a) All wild animals, fur-
bearing animals, wild birds, and wild fowl inside the borders of this
state are the property of the people of this state.

I was not aware if that. I thought they just enforced.

Re: Guiding on Public land [Re: Hko] #7170387 05/15/18 02:35 PM
Cody Malone Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I guided exclusively on a public lake for 5/6 years with great success. Never had a single issue with a client who would show blatant disrespect and hunt where I took them as they knew that's how I made part of my living ever year. I ran 2/4 clinets per day and limited out on puddle ducks 4/6 hunts

I also have been a bass guide on a lake for 13 years and very seldom have it happen then either

As far as guiding on public and guys wanting the state to outlaw it, compleatly ignorant. Now with tha being said the state would require a hunting guide license as it would weed out the bad apples

HF Whitetail / Exotic / S. African Safaris

Proudly Sponsored by:
Horizon Firearms / Swarovski Optiks / Under Armour / Yeti Coolers / Costa Del Mar / Havalon Knives

Malone Outdoors, LLC
C/254-722-9031 or E/ maloneoutdoors@yahoo.com
Re: Guiding on Public land [Re: Cody Malone] #7170393 05/15/18 02:44 PM
T
TDK Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: Cody Malone
I guided exclusively on a public lake for 5/6 years with great success. Never had a single issue with a client who would show blatant disrespect and hunt where I took them as they knew that's how I made part of my living ever year. I ran 2/4 clinets per day and limited out on puddle ducks 4/6 hunts

I also have been a bass guide on a lake for 13 years and very seldom have it happen then either

As far as guiding on public and guys wanting the state to outlaw it, compleatly ignorant. Now with tha being said the state would require a hunting guide license as it would weed out the bad apples

You almost have the liberal millennial thing down. Instead of calling anybody with a different opinion than you ignorant, try calling them racist.

A.M. Little Bespoke Gunmakers LLC
Re: Guiding on Public land [Re: TDK] #7170404 05/15/18 02:58 PM
Cody Malone Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: TDK

You almost have the liberal millennial thing down. Instead of calling anybody with a different opinion than you ignorant, try calling them racist.

Last I checked Ignorant had a broad range of actual meanings and I also never called anyone in particular ignorant. Also most mellinals have poor work ethicsa and feel as if everything should be given to them and they deserve an award for participation. I sir do not have that intitlemnt ans work my butt off everyday

Proudly Sponsored by:
Horizon Firearms / Swarovski Optiks / Under Armour / Yeti Coolers / Costa Del Mar / Havalon Knives

Malone Outdoors, LLC
Re: Guiding on Public land [Re: TDK] #7170407 05/15/18 03:01 PM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: TDK

This ignorant Generation Xer requests an explanation to your reply to Cody. I am lost on that one. confused2

Re: Guiding on Public land [Re: Hko] #7170410 05/15/18 03:04 PM
T
TDK Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
You’d just have to up with the times of social media and liberals. The thing to do these days if you’re a liberal is call anyone with a different opinion racist. It was a joke.

Now stop taking yourselves so seriously. wink

A.M. Little Bespoke Gunmakers LLC
Re: Guiding on Public land [Re: Hko] #7170571 05/15/18 06:13 PM
Cody Malone Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
^ I'm lost now lol minus the racist thing I'm leaving that Ali e

Proudly Sponsored by:

Malone Outdoors, LLC
Re: Guiding on Public land [Re: Hko] #7170582 05/15/18 06:21 PM
Sniper John Online Happy
gumshoe
Online Happy
gumshoe
hammer

Cody,
I don't have an opinion on it personally, but I am curious. What "knowledge, information, or awareness" are people lacking related to guides on public? I know when Kansas outlawed it there was a lot of in depth discussion with that State on the pros and cons from both sides before they made the change.

Re: Guiding on Public land [Re: Sniper John] #7170772 05/15/18 09:41 PM
Cody Malone Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
hammer

Cody,
I don't have an opinion on it personally, but I am curious. What "knowledge, information, or awareness" are people lacking related to guides on public? I know when Kansas outlawed it there was a lot of in depth discussion with that State on the pros and cons from both sides before they made the change.

Compare apples to apples like these examples
Guiding fishing on PUBLIC lakes = momentary profit while bringing clients to the area to spend money in the area they would never come to unless they booked with the guide generating money for the state with licenses, hotel taxes, and the local economy

Uber/lift drivers using public roads = monitory profit while commuting ppl to and from the above mentioned

Proudly Sponsored by:

Malone Outdoors, LLC
Re: Guiding on Public land [Re: Hko] #7170815 05/15/18 10:25 PM
N
ndhunter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
Do waterfowl guides pay taxes on the income they generate from their services? Most, all...none?

I don't think hunting guide fees are subject to sales or use tax

Re: Guiding on Public land [Re: ndhunter] #7170817 05/15/18 10:28 PM
Cody Malone Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: ndhunter
Do waterfowl guides pay taxes on the income they generate from their services? Most, all...none?

I good reputable and savvy guide pays taxes on all income. It's all I do between fishing, deer and goose hunting and I pay taxes every year, if begggg for a return. We pay self employment taxes as well. May not answer our question bc I'm a guide bot a tax person that's why I pay my CPA lol

Proudly Sponsored by:

Malone Outdoors, LLC
Re: Guiding on Public land [Re: ducknbass] #7170830 05/15/18 10:44 PM
W
woodduckhunter Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
W
Originally Posted By: woodduckhunter
how is not allowing guiding on public waters in texas an overstep of states rights? The state doesn't even own and or control the majority of the lakes anyway. IMO some of the lakes should be open to hunting to provide some a place to go hunt and enjoy. But having a "monetary gain" off of something that you did not build, pay for, maintain, etc? Tell me what and how anything benefits from having duck guides running around on public waters?

So if the state does not own, control them wouldn't it be bit of a step for it to be a state law against it?

don't waste any of your time trying to make sense of the majority of the things our government from top to bottom does these days

Re: Guiding on Public land [Re: woodduckhunter] #7171016 05/16/18 01:42 AM
Sniper John Online Happy
gumshoe
Online Happy
gumshoe
From Texas Water Code

Sec. 11.0235. POLICY REGARDING WATERS OF THE STATE. (a) The waters of the state are held in trust for the public, and the right to use state water may be appropriated only as expressly authorized by law

Re: Guiding on Public land [Re: Cody Malone] #7171045 05/16/18 02:14 AM
H
Heisman25g Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
H
hammer

Cody,

Compare apples to apples like these examples
Guiding fishing on PUBLIC lakes = momentary profit while bringing clients to the area to spend money in the area they would never come to unless they booked with the guide generating money for the state with licenses, hotel taxes, and the local economy

Uber/lift drivers using public roads = monitory profit while commuting ppl to and from the above mentioned

Not apples to apples.

Re: Guiding on Public land [Re: Cody Malone] #7171081 05/16/18 02:51 AM
N
ndhunter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
Originally Posted By: ndhunter

I good reputable and savvy guide pays taxes on all income. It's all I do between fishing, deer and goose hunting and I pay taxes every year, if begggg for a return. We pay self employment taxes as well. May not answer our question bc I'm a guide bot a tax person that's why I pay my CPA lol

Yeah I should have been more specific. Stands to reason a professional full time guide like yourself reports income.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide