Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Igloo vs Yeti [Re: mattyg06] #7170805 05/15/18 10:16 PM
J
Jimbo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
I've got Igloo stickers on all my vehicles!

Thursday at 12:45 PM
Once i learned that i didn't "NEED" to kill something, and that if i did kill something all the fun stopped and work began, i was a much better hunter.
Re: Igloo vs Yeti [Re: mattyg06] #7170810 05/15/18 10:21 PM
H
Herbie Hancock Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
H
I went into a worm hole on you tube the other day of people doing those yeti vs. _______ challenges.

It takes beer to make thirst worthwhile - J. Fred Schmidt

The internet is an I.Q. Test, people post their scores in the comment section.
Re: Igloo vs Yeti [Re: mattyg06] #7170811 05/15/18 10:22 PM
H
Herbie Hancock Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
H
This one was pretty interesting: the guy cusses some so watch out who can here you.

It takes beer to make thirst worthwhile - J. Fred Schmidt

The internet is an I.Q. Test, people post their scores in the comment section.
Re: Igloo vs Yeti [Re: mattyg06] #7170832 05/15/18 10:47 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
I have been thinking which is sometimes dangerous and most of the time pisses people off but what the heck so here goes. Those that buy yetis fall into a couple of groups.#1 You either have more money than you need and just want to get rid of some.#2 You think if you have a yeti people will think you have more money than you really do. #3 your neighbor has one and now you have to have one because he does. It is kind of like going to a store and buying a bottle of water. You can get one for less than a dollar but just think how people will regard you if they see you drinking one that cost $3. If I need an ice chest I get one of the styrofoam ones that cost a dollar or so. It keeps what ever I need cold for as long As I need. I get through and I chunk it. I don't have enough years left to justify a yeti and with mine I don't have to have it locked down in the bed of the truck. So there. This is an old mans opinion of yetis and bottled water.

Re: Igloo vs Yeti [Re: don k] #7170928 05/16/18 12:25 AM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: don k
I have been thinking which is sometimes dangerous and most of the time pisses people off but what the heck so here goes. Those that buy yetis fall into a couple of groups.#1 You either have more money than you need and just want to get rid of some.#2 You think if you have a yeti people will think you have more money than you really do. #3 your neighbor has one and now you have to have one because he does. It is kind of like going to a store and buying a bottle of water. You can get one for less than a dollar but just think how people will regard you if they see you drinking one that cost $3. If I need an ice chest I get one of the styrofoam ones that cost a dollar or so. It keeps what ever I need cold for as long As I need. I get through and I chunk it. I don't have enough years left to justify a yeti and with mine I don't have to have it locked down in the bed of the truck. So there. This is an old mans opinion of yetis and bottled water.

Great post . And probably more spot on than many would like to admit. I have a small yeti that was a gift. Would never buy one.

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Igloo vs Yeti [Re: don k] #7171374 05/16/18 03:53 PM
J
Jimbo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J

I'm right there with you!...Seems to be a generational thing.
I've had my igloo stolen from the back of my truck one time when we stopped to get some bait, and a jackwagon took the ice chest full of beer and sandwiches....I was mad, not over the ice chest, but because of all the beer and food he took.
Oh yeah, he didn't bother the one that we use for the fish that only had a bag of ice in it.

Last edited by Jimbo; 05/16/18 03:57 PM.

Thursday at 12:45 PM
Once i learned that i didn't "NEED" to kill something, and that if i did kill something all the fun stopped and work began, i was a much better hunter.
Re: Igloo vs Yeti [Re: don k] #7171667 05/16/18 10:01 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

All three of your examples are basically the same person, when it comes right down to it. I think all of those people are good examples of a lot of things in our society, but there are other types of people that might own a Yeti.

I wanted a roto-molded cooler when I camp or go to the beach, or throw get togethers. When I was about to buy one of the Bisons or RTIC, my brother in law called me and said he had a friend that worked at Yeti and we could buy their stuff for 60% off retail. Well, sign me up for that.

I bought one for 60% off retail and it is great. I never would have purchased a Yeti at full retail, which is why I was looking at the Bisons and RTIC.

There is a reason to buy a roto-molded cooler, but it doesn’t have to be Yeti. I love my Yeti, but I want a bigger one and I will probably go Bison or RTIC.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: Igloo vs Yeti [Re: mattyg06] #7171674 05/16/18 10:18 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I have a Pelican, and a Styrofoam throw-away, and everything in between; some resurrected out of someone else's trash. I have too many coolers. I have the same problem with winter hunting coats.

But Don - I don't buy it very often at all, but that Fiji water is the bomb. It does taste amazing. I try NOT to let anyone see me with it. grin I drink tap water mostly.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Igloo vs Yeti [Re: mattyg06] #7171755 05/17/18 12:14 AM
H
Huntmaster Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
Running a ranch,110 degrees all day, cooler flopping all over, get a good one.

Re: Igloo vs Yeti [Re: mattyg06] #7171779 05/17/18 12:35 AM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
My Igloo 5 Day still going strong after around 14 years. I have spent more on parts than I probably paid for it. Has no handles now but holds beer and ice and occasional deer. If I used it daily I would be upgrading. Probably RTIC 65 but they are so dang heavy. 20 lb ice, case of beer and food, it ain't leaving the pickup.

Re: Igloo vs Yeti [Re: mattyg06] #7172241 05/17/18 04:07 PM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Good god, it’s a ice chest not a freaking Rolex

If an ice chest is a status symbol to someone then they have much bigger problems to worry about.

And if your coveting your neighbors cooler then you need to re-evaluate your self

And people who think that no one is justified in owning a yeti are the same folks who think no one needs a 4x4 truck, leather seats and eating out in restaurants is frivolous

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Igloo vs Yeti [Re: txtrophy85] #7172267 05/17/18 04:39 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted By: txtrophy85
Good god, it’s a ice chest not a freaking Rolex

If an ice chest is a status symbol to someone then they have much bigger problems to worry about.

And if your coveting your neighbors cooler then you need to re-evaluate your self

And people who think that no one is justified in owning a yeti are the same folks who think no one needs a 4x4 truck, leather seats and eating out in restaurants is frivolous

I agree. I have gobs of stuff I don't "need". I think that can be said of most all Americans. In the final analysis, what one chooses to buy is only that person's business. I simply comment on these threads (as I do on many gear threads) for those who are considering buying one and asking about them from a cost/benefits perspective - as the OP was.

Costs: $$$ and weight.
Benefits: Keep stuff cold longer and durability.

It's really as simple as that.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Igloo vs Yeti [Re: mattyg06] #7172274 05/17/18 04:47 PM
W
Wilhunt Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
i will get one when I see it on the side of the road...a yeti that is.

Re: Igloo vs Yeti [Re: mattyg06] #7172376 05/17/18 06:54 PM
J
jimmy nagami Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
J
Pretty interesting,nice post

Last edited by jimmy nagami; 05/17/18 06:54 PM.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide