facebook
Forum Stats
63583 Members
45 Forums
450763 Topics
6228643 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Topic Options
#7167609 - 05/11/18 10:05 PM Oklahoma governor vetoes open carry bill in defeat for nra
mikeydon Offline
Pro Tracker

Loc: Quitman, texas
Oklahoma Governor vetoes open carry bill late friday afternoon flame

Edited by mikeydon (05/11/18 10:08 PM)

#7167636 - 05/11/18 10:51 PM Re: Oklahoma governor vetoes open carry bill in defeat for nra [Re: mikeydon]
SnakeWrangler Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Over yonder.....
That surprises me.....anything in the report as to why? whip

"Death is permanent...everything else is temporary!"

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"

#7167676 - 05/12/18 01:29 AM Re: Oklahoma governor vetoes open carry bill in defeat for nra [Re: mikeydon]
Lakhota Online   content
Bird Dog

Loc: Rockwall TX
The Veto was not for open carry it was for Constitutional Carry, OK already has a law for open carry and concealed carry.

The reason that she gave was that law enforcement and business owners were not for it. The OK Bureau of Investigation was against it as it meant a list of over $4 million in revenue and the lost of 60 jobs do to no license or back ground check would be required. The Governor has nothing to lose as she can not run for reelection do to term limits and the OK legislation is now out of session for the year so they can not over ride the veto. This will be thrown in the lap of the next Governor of OK to deal with.

#7167749 - 05/12/18 07:51 AM Re: Oklahoma governor vetoes open carry bill in defeat for nra [Re: mikeydon]
bigbob_ftw Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: White Settlement, TX.
Its all about $$

#7167756 - 05/12/18 07:59 AM Re: Oklahoma governor vetoes open carry bill in defeat for nra [Re: bigbob_ftw]
SnakeWrangler Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Over yonder.....
Originally Posted By: bigbob_ftw
Its all about $$
Yup......

"Death is permanent...everything else is temporary!"

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"

#7168040 - 05/12/18 03:35 PM Re: Oklahoma governor vetoes open carry bill in defeat for nra [Re: bigbob_ftw]
dogcatcher Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Abilene or on the road...
Originally Posted By: bigbob_ftw
Its all about $$

up

#7168261 - 05/12/18 09:26 PM Re: Oklahoma governor vetoes open carry bill in defeat for nra [Re: mikeydon]
Pupjoint Offline
Woodsman

Yes it is

#7170394 - 05/15/18 09:44 AM Re: Oklahoma governor vetoes open carry bill in defeat for nra [Re: mikeydon]
Simp Offline
Tracker

Loc: Irving, Tx
I wonder how many of us get really nervous at firing ranges because of the inexperience that we see almost every time we go? I know I do.

#7171086 - 05/15/18 09:56 PM Re: Oklahoma governor vetoes open carry bill in defeat for nra [Re: Simp]
dogcatcher Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Abilene or on the road...
Originally Posted By: Simp
I wonder how many of us get really nervous at firing ranges because of the inexperience that we see almost every time we go? I know I do.

I don't go to any of the public ranges, I haven't been on 15 years. The last time I saw enough, that I decided it was safer to drive to Runnels county and be the only one shooting at our place.

#7171176 - 05/16/18 05:38 AM Re: Oklahoma governor vetoes open carry bill in defeat for nra [Re: mikeydon]
bigbob_ftw Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: White Settlement, TX.
Our public range is very nice and safe. Lots of range officers keep everyone in line.

#7171397 - 05/16/18 11:14 AM Re: Oklahoma governor vetoes open carry bill in defeat for nra [Re: dogcatcher]
Simp Offline
Tracker

Originally Posted By: dogcatcher

I don't go to any of the public ranges, I haven't been on 15 years. The last time I saw enough, that I decided it was safer to drive to Runnels county and be the only one shooting at our place.

Exactly. Now imagine the people at the range that scares the living bejesus out of us, walking around with a pistol with no training. No thanks.

#7171935 - 05/16/18 10:16 PM Re: Oklahoma governor vetoes open carry bill in defeat for nra [Re: Simp]
Superduty Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Arlington, Texas

Exactly. Now imagine the people at the range that scares the living bejesus out of us, walking around with a pistol with no training. No thanks.

So people with a LTC, are fully trained?

hammer

#7173917 - Yesterday at 12:11 AM Re: Oklahoma governor vetoes open carry bill in defeat for nra [Re: Superduty]
Simp Offline
Tracker

Originally Posted By: Superduty

So people with a LTC, are fully trained?

hammer

They've taken the class. That's more training than most of the idiots at the range have under their belt.

#7174018 - Yesterday at 08:12 AM Re: Oklahoma governor vetoes open carry bill in defeat for nra [Re: Simp]
Nogalus Prairie Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Corsicana

The 2nd Amendment is inviolate. That said, this belief that this means anything goes when it to comes every Tom, Dick, and Harry walking around anywhere with a gun with zero training makes no sense and is just reactionary.
Heck, even Wyatt Earp had a rule of checking your pistols in with him in Dodge City.

If NRA or anyone else who says the first priority is safety means it, they would not support this law.

© 2004-2018 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide