Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics537,695
Posts9,727,871
Members87,033
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
WTHO & Rough Creek Taxidermy a review from this weekend #7162000 05/06/18 08:59 PM
7mag Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
So the annual Axis doe hunt with Mike is in the history books. FYI I did not not receive a discount etc for my review and/or opinion about this weekend.

First we hunted the Shurley property outside of Sonora. Pretty place, rolling hills more like the Texas Hill Country. I have NEVER hunted any other of Mikes properties so this will be strictly for this ranch. Here is the breakdown and no holds barred.

Food-Very good. Fresh made meals cooked on site. If you went hungry that because you did not go back for seconds.

Accommodations-Very good. Nice lodging, clean and comfortable. I do NOT like bunk beds that's my only complaint. With that though we were offered another lodge with bigger beds. I took this because of the yapping with the rest of the group.

Game-as you can see from our threads this went full throttle and became more then just does. I was the first on the board with a axis doe. While in route I saw several does and bucks. I went out ONE sitting only and that was Friday. From the time I dropped my doe till we watched kwr from a hillside, I saw at least 30 axis that was just Friday alone.

There were some mishaps with misses etc. from others. I was fortunate and got mine done really quick and just enjoyed the remainder of the weekend hanging out. In a nutshell, lots of game, target rich environment.

Guides/cook-This was the shining example that sealed my weekend with WTHO. Mike, Tyler and Paul busted their butts all weekend trying to get people on the animals. How much so? He took 2 hunters out after dinner and kept trying to put them on axis does. Nothing is a gimme. These guys would come in from guiding and start cooking etc. No down time it was hustle and hustle some more. With the exception of maybe one hunter all others harvested game or shot and missed.

Tylers wife works at Rough Creek Taxi/processing. They took my axis doe yesterday afternoon, processed it, froze it and had it ready for me this morning so I did not have to make a trip back. With that an Axis buck and Aoudad are now getting shoulder mounted. Win win for all of us.

Good hunt, good meals, and better people. Book with them, you will not be sorry.

[Linked Image]
"Laugh with many, but don't trust any"
Re: WTHO & Rough Creek Taxidermy a review from this weekend [Re: 7mag] #7162045 05/06/18 10:11 PM
kwrhuntinglab Offline
"The Guardian"
"The Guardian"
I will second that. I have never hunted with Mulie or his outfit so I wasn’t sure what to expect. I can tell you this. I will be hunting with these guys again. Not because I don’t have other places to hunt, but because they worked their tails off. Mike, Paul and Tyler are great guys. Loved the hunt and plan on doing another hunt.

Spend time with the ones you love. Time is not guaranteed.
Re: WTHO & Rough Creek Taxidermy a review from this weekend [Re: 7mag] #7162364 05/07/18 03:06 AM
E
el_cazador713 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
E
Great review and great outfit!

Re: WTHO & Rough Creek Taxidermy a review from this weekend [Re: 7mag] #7162573 05/07/18 01:22 PM
J
JKC Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
up

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Re: WTHO & Rough Creek Taxidermy a review from this weekend [Re: 7mag] #7164910 05/09/18 04:06 PM
mulie_mike Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Thank you for the review! It was a good time.

Specializing in Free Range hunts in far west Texas for Native & Exotic Game. Hunts for All budgets with Financing available.

www.westtexashunt.com

Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/WestTexasHuntOrganization/
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide