Forums46
Topics537,970
Posts9,731,200
Members87,051
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Should separate methods-based seasons be a thing of the past? [Re: don k] #7142245 04/16/18 04:08 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted By: don k
Originally Posted By: stxranchman
Having one long season for all weapons won't increase the bag limit or the limits landowners have adopted or put in place already. It just extends the season...it could mean the LO might adopt his own rules and season regulations. Sometimes you get more than you wish for when asking for more. You could end up with a shorter "hunting" season in some instances if the LO chooses to regulate how long and when you can hunt.
I believe you got that right. I personally think the seasons are too long already. Those LO's that feel different have ways to extend the season if they choose. In my opinion a hunter is going to shoot X amount of Deer. If there is a long season they will drag out the killing and sometimes may wait too long. If a shorter season they will get the killing over with as the opportunity presents itself.

Yes.
Unfortunately, anything more than surface level analysis eludes many.
There’s not a darn thing to complain about in Texas. Long regular rifle season, MLD for those that want it, generous bag limits, etc.

This topic is one big non-issue.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Should separate methods-based seasons be a thing of the past? [Re: Jimbo] #7142415 04/16/18 07:07 PM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted By: Jimbo
Originally Posted By: maximus_flavius
Originally Posted By: Texas buckeye
Originally Posted By: maximus_flavius
All hunters should be treated equally by the State.

The bad thing about an early bow season is many bowhunters only bow hunt because they get a 30 day head start. Many bow hunters have no business bow hunting.

Spoken like a true gun hunter clap

Spoken like a true bow hunter.

& by that, I mean "Gotta have that extra month to shoot that deer on your little place before the neighbor has a chance."

Somewhat a weak argument because even a gun hunter can have an equal chance during "bow season" because crossbows are legal now, and a gun hunter can learn to shoot a crossbow in about 15 minutes, and hunt with it.
So getting out in the woods a month early is now no excuse for a gun hunter who wants to be able to hunt during the bow season.

I'm "out in the woods" year round.

I've made my stance obvious. Many here can't argue the points of fact.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide