419107 Topics
6073884 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#7139414 - 04/12/18 02:57 PM Hitting the Doldrums
txtrophy85 Offline
THF Celebrity

by the end of season last year I was pretty much done with hunting....started in September and killed a Sika buck first week of October that I'll likely never better, then 3 weeks later Colorado produced an elk....then it pretty much went quiet for me. West Texas was fun as always although I didn't get to hunt more than a 3 day stretch due to wife's illness then went back with her for 2 days before an arctic blizzard hit that neither of us would have tolerated....tried to get her on a buck but to no avail. Whitetail hunting with the kids was lackluster due to lack of deer in the pasture, none of us were really all that excited about going to sit.

Now talk of the season out west ( starting with antelope in Wyoming ) has got my heart pumping. Watching guys like Remy Warren on YouTube hunting all these faraway locals isn't helping any.

I need an Adventure Hunt and soon! I can do all the day hunt stuff I can stand within an hour or so of my house but I need a good 4-7 day hunt somewhere far away, muy pronto!

anyone else feeling my pain?

#7139425 - 04/12/18 03:16 PM Re: Hitting the Doldrums [Re: txtrophy85]
Creekrunner Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Bexar/Gillespie, hunt Terrell
Af-ri-ka.
...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28

#7139436 - 04/12/18 03:29 PM Re: Hitting the Doldrums [Re: txtrophy85]
dkershen Offline

Loc: Denton/Argyle
Argentina... Got some fun adventures posted in the outfitter section. But you'll need to line up a few like minded buddies.

To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.
www.NewHopeEquine.com

#7139443 - 04/12/18 03:40 PM Re: Hitting the Doldrums [Re: Creekrunner]
txtrophy85 Offline
THF Celebrity

Originally Posted By: Creekrunner
Af-ri-ka.

I just have zero desire to hunt Africa. Nothing about it does anything for me

#7139444 - 04/12/18 03:41 PM Re: Hitting the Doldrums [Re: dkershen]
txtrophy85 Offline
THF Celebrity

Originally Posted By: dkershen
Argentina... Got some fun adventures posted in the outfitter section. But you'll need to line up a few like minded buddies.

Argentina Sounds like a blast. was with a guy yesterday who hunted Red Deer there and had a blast

#7139456 - 04/12/18 03:57 PM Re: Hitting the Doldrums [Re: txtrophy85]
Nogalus Prairie Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Corsicana
I try to have something going at least every other year for the reasons you mention.

Friend invited me on a pronghorn hunt this year. Since this was my “off” year that was a nice bonus.

#7139503 - 04/12/18 04:32 PM Re: Hitting the Doldrums [Re: Creekrunner]
Black02z28 Offline
Pro Tracker

Loc: Terrell, TX
Originally Posted By: Creekrunner
Af-ri-ka.

That would be my pick as well. That place gets in your blood and you cant do anything but think of how quick can I get back over there, lol.

#7139505 - 04/12/18 04:32 PM Re: Hitting the Doldrums [Re: txtrophy85]
dogcatcher Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Abilene or on the road...
Time to do a little predator hunting. up

#7139509 - 04/12/18 04:34 PM Re: Hitting the Doldrums [Re: txtrophy85]
Always ready 2 hunt Offline
Pro Tracker

Argentina is a blast with multiple opportunities duck, geese, dove, mixed bag (parakeet, pigeon) pardee and if you go to Patagonia, a good stag. Go for at least 7 days and add B.A. on front and end of trip.

#7139535 - 04/12/18 04:49 PM Re: Hitting the Doldrums [Re: txtrophy85]
colt45 Online   content
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: bastrop county
New Zealand

#7139559 - 04/12/18 05:09 PM Re: Hitting the Doldrums [Re: txtrophy85]
snake oil Online   content
Pro Tracker

Loc: Graham
Originally Posted By: txtrophy85
Originally Posted By: dkershen

Argentina Sounds like a blast. was with a guy yesterday who hunted Red Deer there and had a blast

Got some pretty women there too........

#7139586 - 04/12/18 05:26 PM Re: Hitting the Doldrums [Re: txtrophy85]
Sneaky Online   content
The "Grouch"

Loc: Winters
Yes. I feel it. It’s time to head west, again. Far west.

#7139633 - 04/12/18 06:15 PM Re: Hitting the Doldrums [Re: Sneaky]
SnakeWrangler Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Over yonder.....
Originally Posted By: Sneaky
Yes. I feel it. It’s time to head west, again. Far west.

China, Vietnam, Malaysia, India, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, or Australia.... popcorn

"Death is permanent...everything else is temporary!"

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"

#7139648 - 04/12/18 06:25 PM Re: Hitting the Doldrums [Re: txtrophy85]
stxranchman Online   content
Obie Juan Kenobi

by the end of season last year I was pretty much done with hunting....started in September and killed a Sika buck first week of October that I'll likely never better, then 3 weeks later Colorado produced an elk....then it pretty much went quiet for me. West Texas was fun as always although I didn't get to hunt more than a 3 day stretch due to wife's illness then went back with her for 2 days before an arctic blizzard hit that neither of us would have tolerated....tried to get her on a buck but to no avail. Whitetail hunting with the kids was lackluster due to lack of deer in the pasture, none of us were really all that excited about going to sit.

Now talk of the season out west ( starting with antelope in Wyoming ) has got my heart pumping. Watching guys like Remy Warren on YouTube hunting all these faraway locals isn't helping any.

I need an Adventure Hunt and soon! I can do all the day hunt stuff I can stand within an hour or so of my house but I need a good 4-7 day hunt somewhere far away, muy pronto!

How about hunting for some buyers since seasons are over for a while peep grin

#7139670 - 04/12/18 06:52 PM Re: Hitting the Doldrums [Re: stxranchman]
Creekrunner Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Bexar/Gillespie, hunt Terrell
Originally Posted By: stxranchman

How about hunting for some buyers since seasons are over for a while peep grin
...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© 2004-2018 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide