We have one pasture for lease on Birch Creek Ranch. The Ranch is conveniently located between Houston and DFW in Leon County approximately 20 minutes from Centerville.
The pasture is 225 high fenced acres. This is a year round lease that can be for a group, family, individual, or corporate lease, this is not a per gun lease. It is a mix of hardwood stream side zones, natural hardwood regeneration and pine. The lease comes with bucks stocked annually. The pasture will be stocked with three whitetail bucks 160”+, or one 160+ buck and one 200+ buck (lease holders choice) prior to deer season, these bucks are included in the lease price. This pasture currently has 10 breeder does that have been added as bred does since 2014. There are eight antlered bucks in the pasture that were not harvested this season (see trail camera pics). All deer currently in the pasture including the bucks, does, and bucks that will be stocked are included in the lease prices. There are several buck and doe offspring from the previously stocked does currently in the pasture.
The pasture has fall food plots that we replant each year, two fiberglass blinds and good locations for more. There are three automatic corn feeders, and a protein feeder on the pasture and the lease holder can bring more if desired. Fishing on Lake Leon (the lake is privately owned and on Birch Creek Ranch but is not located on the pasture that is up for discussion) is included in the lease. The lake is 85 acres and has great bass fishing. The lake record is 13lb 4oz. An overflight video of the lake is available at www.birchcreekwhitetails.com
under the Lake Leon tab. We want to develop a long term relationship with a lease holder so we are willing to offer an extended or multi year lease.
The price for this lease is $24,000 annually.
- The pasture is MLD level 3 so deer season runs from the end of September to February.
- Additional bucks can be added or the size of the included bucks increased for additional cost.
- There are no exotics currently on the property but the lease can be expanded to include them by discussion.
- Lease will include one camper or RV hook up with utilities and septic. Lease holder pays for utilities used.
- The lease holder will also have sole use of a 20’ shipping container for secure storage of vehicles or equipment at the Ranch.
- Food plots will be replanted annually.
- Lease holder is responsible for feeding adequate amounts of protein feed to ensure herd health.
- Lease total is paid over the number of months between the signing of the lease and the beginning of deer season. Full amount must be paid prior to deer season but lease access begins immediately upon signing lease and making first payment.
- Hunters can use the Ranch skinning rack and cooler during hunting season for harvested animals.
- We are looking to maintain a quality, family friendly atmosphere at the Ranch. Drinking is certainly allowed but rowdy, unsafe behavior is not.
- Lease holder is required to comply with all applicable game laws.