Forums46
Topics537,925
Posts9,730,747
Members87,051
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 [Re: TXGH] #7101262 03/05/18 05:56 AM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
So the event went well. Had about 15 people show up over the 3 hour period plus the good amount that was already there. Before I write some of my findings, I will say the firmware is not the final version that will be released to the public. This is part of our job right now is to report back so ATN can make the release smooth and issue free.

3 second start up time when the power button is pressed.

The video looks really good in day time, no longer a red tint or slightly off color like the video of the X-Sight II in bright conditions.

Ballistic calculator did well out to 250 yards (the farthest I tested it that day). Due to the wind being not consistent with its speed, I did not enter in the windage, and I normally do not due to changes in speed and slight changes in directions. (not much effect at 250 yards anyway) But elevation on the calculator was dead on. But when using it at 25 yards it adjusted 1 inch too much and was consistently shooting 1 inch high. (Reported to ATN and video being looked at right now)

Having accessories and features turned on did not slow the scope and the scope did not malfunction or freeze up at all. (dual core processor paying off)

3 inch eye relief is pretty true with a little room for adjustment from about 2 inches to 5 inches without blacking out some of the display.

Did not have any issues with zero not holding.

Menu navigation takes a little bit of getting used to as it is different from the X-Sight II (No up and down arrows, and you now use the zoom knob for that)

MINIMAL pixelation when at max magnification (I would say a 70% reduction in comparison to the x-sight II)

Battery life indicator is nice (% of battery left is displayed in top right corner of the screen) Battery was at 100% when we started and ended at 80% in 3 hours of use.. 20% usage at 3 hours holds to about 15 hours run time.. (I had all of the features turned on as well)

I have been testing the night vision up to 300 yards at my house with good results. Clearer images, and when shining through trees and brush, there is no longer wash out and you can now actually see into thicker cover without worry of IR washout.

No lag in night vision mode when scanning quickly, except on HIGH sensitivity mode then there is a slight lag when scanning quickly. (Reported to ATN and video is being studied now, will be addressed in the new firmware)

All in all the scope is a great improvement over the X-Sight II, but is not quite ready for public release yet.. BUT VERY VERY Close... Just a few more minor tweaks by ATN and it will be a great launch!

Last edited by jtprocaddie; 03/05/18 04:59 PM.

Joseph Trousdale
Host Texas Game Hunters TV
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 [Re: TXGH] #7101274 03/05/18 06:24 AM
Bee'z Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Online Happy
The Beedazzler
popcorn

[Linked Image]
Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 [Re: TXGH] #7101304 03/05/18 12:07 PM
P
Pig_Popper Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
P
Originally Posted By: jtprocaddie

Ballistic calculator did well out to 250 yards (the farthest I tested it that day). Due to the wind being not consistent with its speed, I did not enter in the windage, and I normally do not due to changes in speed and slight changes in directions. (not much effect at 250 yards anyway) But elevation on the calculator was dead on. But when using it at 25 yards it adjusted 1 inch too much and was consistently shooting 1 inch high. (Reported to ATN and video being looked at right now

I have been testing the night vision up to 300 yards at my house with good results. Clearer images, and when shining through trees and brush, there is no longer wash out and you can now actually see into thicker cover without worry of IR washout.

What a shame to have 1000 yards of Range and not test the ballistic calculator in the manner to which it is designed (weather inputs and reticle adjustments) bang

Explain how a digital night vision that is IR dependent doesn’t washout when looking into “thicker cover”. I’m going to need to see a video of this to believe the statement.

This space is For Sale - inquire within ...
Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 [Re: Pig_Popper] #7101339 03/05/18 01:03 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: Pig_Popper
Originally Posted By: jtprocaddie

Ballistic calculator did well out to 250 yards (the farthest I tested it that day). Due to the wind being not consistent with its speed, I did not enter in the windage, and I normally do not due to changes in speed and slight changes in directions. (not much effect at 250 yards anyway) But elevation on the calculator was dead on. But when using it at 25 yards it adjusted 1 inch too much and was consistently shooting 1 inch high. (Reported to ATN and video being looked at right now

What a shame to have 1000 yards of Range and not test the ballistic calculator in the manner to which it is designed (weather inputs and reticle adjustments) bang

Explain how a digital night vision that is IR dependent doesn’t washout when looking into “thicker cover”. I’m going to need to see a video of this to believe the statement.

That range requires you to go through a process to be allowed at the ranges from 600 and up. Which the qualifying range master was not there that day. I will go back the next time he is there to qualify so I can shoot those distances in the future.

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 [Re: TXGH] #7101392 03/05/18 01:54 PM
P
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
P
It’s a shame the ballistic calculator wasn’t tested out to 600 yards, especially with a 6.5 Grendel onhand.

Help me understand how this digital rifle scope is different than any before it with regards to seeing into thick cover.

Ordinarily the IR light shines onto the thick cover and the light is reflected back to the scope and the adjustments are made automatically (optical sensor / camera settings) and this results in a washout because the thick cover is in the near field of view and the target is in the far field of view.

Add to this that the thick cover is going to block the IR light from “painting the actual target” in fact you ordinarily see shadows if you can see anything past the near field washout....

This would be best tested in no moon situations as any moon is apt to skew the results.

Got a video of this thick cover capability?

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 [Re: TXGH] #7101476 03/05/18 02:58 PM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Another thing to remember is you can’t extrapolate battery life the way you did JT. We all know batteries show high life early and dwindle pretty quickly. So if you were showing 80% after three hours you might have 3 hrs left. Certainly can’t take that to mean it will have 15 hours of battery life (20% took 3 hours so 3x5=15). I am not blaming you or the scope for that, probably just some inexperience with battery life indicators is all.

Would love to see the videos from the night. I am sure you have those as a hard copy you could post up. If you sent them In To ATN you surely have a backup copy....in fact I am sure you have a back up copy of all the video you made. Would be interesting to see some of it...

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 [Re: Pig_Popper] #7101580 03/05/18 04:36 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
It’s a shame the ballistic calculator wasn’t tested out to 600 yards, especially with a 6.5 Grendel onhand.

Help me understand how this digital rifle scope is different than any before it with regards to seeing into thick cover.

Ordinarily the IR light shines onto the thick cover and the light is reflected back to the scope and the adjustments are made automatically (optical sensor / camera settings) and this results in a washout because the thick cover is in the near field of view and the target is in the far field of view.

Add to this that the thick cover is going to block the IR light from “painting the actual target” in fact you ordinarily see shadows if you can see anything past the near field washout....

This would be best tested in no moon situations as any moon is apt to skew the results.

Got a video of this thick cover capability?

I am not trying to state that you can see "through" thick cover by meanness. But IF there are gaps int eh cover where the light shines through then you see into those gaps..

On previous X-Sights and the BinoX HD the gaps would remain black and could not see through them. Honestly I do not know the technical side and the terms but I am reporting on what I see.

Yes I do have video, however with my non Disclosure I cannot share it until I get the all clear from ATN. But I am saving everything and wills tart sharing when I get the green light...

Like I said before ATN is learning from its past mistakes and reviewing ALL video and pictures we send in with fine tooth combs and trying to find issues so they can correct anyting they find before the release. This is the main reason they do not want the video shared yet as it is not the same as when it will be released.

It is frustrating for you, I know, and for me as well to not be able to share it.

I will share raw videos without editing as soon as I can and people can make up their minds for themselves..

I am actually waiting on a call back from the owner of the shooting range, since it is outdoors, to see if we can set up a night time demo at the range.

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 [Re: Texas buckeye] #7101589 03/05/18 04:37 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: Texas buckeye
Another thing to remember is you can’t extrapolate battery life the way you did JT. We all know batteries show high life early and dwindle pretty quickly. So if you were showing 80% after three hours you might have 3 hrs left. Certainly can’t take that to mean it will have 15 hours of battery life (20% took 3 hours so 3x5=15). I am not blaming you or the scope for that, probably just some inexperience with battery life indicators is all..

Yes sir I understand that and you make a good point.. I will bring the scope with me to work tomorrow and keep it powered on all day checking it every hour and document the % - I will do this until the battery runs out in the evening and give a report back.

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 [Re: TXGH] #7102081 03/05/18 11:46 PM
B
Brother in-law Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Cocojoe why would you stop at 250?

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 [Re: Brother in-law] #7102098 03/06/18 12:05 AM
S
SapperTitan Offline
Taking Requests
Taking Requests
S
Originally Posted By: Brother in-law
because he was only allowed to go to 500 duh oh wait.

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 [Re: Brother in-law] #7102116 03/06/18 12:20 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: Brother in-law

The range master wouldn’t let him shoot beyond that. Would you?

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 [Re: TXGH] #7102194 03/06/18 01:14 AM
P
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
P
I just don’t get what we’re even really discussing here or in the prior thread that went 16 pages.

Every bit of info given by ATN or JTPro is available on the marketing pages for the sight and or can be reasonably discerned from the prior two versions of the scope. For example we’d assume the display is better, the battery life is increased, the image intensification more refined...

At this point JT is saying he won’t share or can’t share video under a NDA but yet he is posting these threads as if to offer something.

Frankly I can care less about what ATN needs from JTPro to dial in firmware and lead to a better launch of the product.

I’ve already participated in an ATN Customer BETA program (X-Sight I) and it can go on for months and many firmware iterations.

At this point, go hunt the scope you have and post some video of the footage and let’s get this road on the show!

Otherwise ...

flush

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 [Re: TXGH] #7103098 03/06/18 09:46 PM
S
SapperTitan Offline
Taking Requests
Taking Requests
S
The thermaL/NV Facebook groups are full of jtprocaddies lmao. They are so butt hurt people don’t believe their lies about this POS scope and company.

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 [Re: TXGH] #7103417 03/07/18 02:00 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Apparently, they don’t understand what a reputation is, or what its purpose is.

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 [Re: TXGH] #7103544 03/07/18 04:12 AM
Mountain Lion Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
ATN marketing is misleading and their products are trash. Their customer service is a joke. I'd rather rather give my money to Meals on Wheels.

They burned me once but will never do so again.

ML
Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 [Re: TXGH] #7103607 03/07/18 11:34 AM
K
killen Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
K
customer wasnt a joke to he was a piece of sh-- order 2 pulsar when i got off the phone with him

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 [Re: killen] #7104367 03/08/18 12:23 AM
B
Brother in-law Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Que

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 [Re: killen] #7104372 03/08/18 12:32 AM
P
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
P
Originally Posted By: killen
customer wasnt a joke to he was a piece of sh-- order 2 pulsar when i got off the phone with him

Customer service was a joke.

The ATN Guy was a POS.

I now am the PROUD owner of two Pulsar units

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 [Re: Pig_Popper] #7104413 03/08/18 01:05 AM
S
SapperTitan Offline
Taking Requests
Taking Requests
S

The ATN Guy was a POS.

roflmao

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 [Re: Pig_Popper] #7104696 03/08/18 01:20 PM
J.G. Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

The ATN Guy was a POS.

Thank you for the translation.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 [Re: TXGH] #7104750 03/08/18 02:20 PM
P
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
P
Dilly Dilly !

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 [Re: Pig_Popper] #7104974 03/08/18 05:51 PM
S
slugcatcher Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
S
I really don't understand the point of this thread. You have a range "day" with unreleased product that is advertised as a night optic from a company that has a very bad reputation for delivering what was promised in the past and is known for questionable marketing techniques (I'm being polite on this). You report minimal problems but use the NDA as an excuse not to release video from the scope. Every NDA I've had to deal with has been a total blackout on the product with the public and competitors. Not a limited show and tell NDA. This sounds like the typical marketing methodology of ATN. Tout what works and hide what doesn't. Hype it. Sell it. Then move on to something else.

To be fair here. I owned the original X-Sight. I would have kept it if it cost $200 as a spotter. For a scope it was pretty useless as was the customer service from ATN. I returned after a month of ownership. ATN has lost me as a customer forever. I now have a Pulsar XD50. I'm on my 2nd replacement as the first two had what I suspect to be sensor problems. However, customer service has been good and it should be for the money spent. Understand that the customer service for Pulsar is from an importer (Sellmark) which typically is 2nd rate. So far this is not been the case. Sellmark has stood by the product, apologized for the problem and sent me a brand new scope both times. From a manufacturer as ATN claims to be I would expect much higher service than what I received from them. The bad part is ATN has shown they really don't care about the product they sell and even less about customer satisfaction. I don't think you're going to get a fair chance even if this turns out to be a quality product when it is released. There is just too much harm done to the ATN brand by ATN itself.

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 [Re: TXGH] #7105760 03/09/18 04:11 AM
B
bigjoe8565 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
These ATN threads never disappoint.

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 [Re: TXGH] #7105789 03/09/18 05:29 AM
Bee'z Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Online Happy
The Beedazzler
popcorn

[Linked Image]
Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 [Re: TXGH] #7106564 03/10/18 01:00 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Like I said....bottom of the barrel.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide