Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Gun Confiscation Poll [Re: dogcatcher] #7093913 02/26/18 10:00 PM
C
chital_shikari Offline
Minor in training
Minor in training
C
Originally Posted By: dogcatcher
But I think it would take a Constitutional Amendment, I doubt if any of us see this in our lifetimes. Our grandchildren, that could be a possibility.

Re: Gun Confiscation Poll [Re: dogcatcher] #7093965 02/26/18 10:53 PM
T
therancher Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: Sniper.270
There will NEVER be a confiscation. Period. Won't happen. More than likely the 2nd amendment will never be touched. Believe me the government has many more ways of getting the guns, ammo, and weapons than going after the 2nd amendment. This big stir about taking the guns and 2nd amendment is all just a diversion. Behind the scenes the various ways of making guns a non issue are being put into place. Whether that be by taxes, permits, rules and regulations. The government will quickly "find" a way to attack the issue and confiscation/2nd amendment will never be used or mentioned. Once you stop the frontal assault, ie confiscation/repeal of 2nd amendment, getting the guns is simple. You can allow anyone anything as long as you make it unfeasible economically. The IRS could end the gun debate in a year if they were just turned loose.
No one will ever come to your door to get your gun. Many would actually balk at this and blood would be shed. Government will have you bringing them to them. Packaging them up and sending them in for something you want more. No blood shed at all.

up Like I said before, the collection of weapons would be through voluntary compliance by the majority of the law abiding citizens.

In case you two havent noticed, gun owners pay a lot of cash to the nra to fight those exact issues. And thats just first line of defense. And do you really think gun owners are so ignorant that the end arounds wouldnt be understood as the breech of 2A?

You might get states and munis to do those things, but the fed doing it will get the same response as confiscation. The belief that any significant number of gun owners will just hand over their weapons is quite amusing though. Thanks for the laugh.

Last edited by therancher; 02/26/18 10:54 PM.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Gun Confiscation Poll [Re: therancher] #7093970 02/26/18 10:57 PM
G
General Guts Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
G

I'll surrender mine

Re: Gun Confiscation Poll [Re: therancher] #7094248 02/27/18 03:09 AM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Originally Posted By: therancher
There will NEVER be a confiscation. Period. Won't happen. More than likely the 2nd amendment will never be touched. Believe me the government has many more ways of getting the guns, ammo, and weapons than going after the 2nd amendment. This big stir about taking the guns and 2nd amendment is all just a diversion. Behind the scenes the various ways of making guns a non issue are being put into place. Whether that be by taxes, permits, rules and regulations. The government will quickly "find" a way to attack the issue and confiscation/2nd amendment will never be used or mentioned. Once you stop the frontal assault, ie confiscation/repeal of 2nd amendment, getting the guns is simple. You can allow anyone anything as long as you make it unfeasible economically. The IRS could end the gun debate in a year if they were just turned loose.
No one will ever come to your door to get your gun. Many would actually balk at this and blood would be shed. Government will have you bringing them to them. Packaging them up and sending them in for something you want more. No blood shed at all.

up Like I said before, the collection of weapons would be through voluntary compliance by the majority of the law abiding citizens.

In case you two havent noticed, gun owners pay a lot of cash to the nra to fight those exact issues. And thats just first line of defense. And do you really think gun owners are so ignorant that the end arounds wouldnt be understood as the breech of 2A?

You might get states and munis to do those things, but the fed doing it will get the same response as confiscation. The belief that any significant number of gun owners will just hand over their weapons is quite amusing though. Thanks for the laugh.

Seriously. A laugh? Please find inthe constitution where it says you will pay federal taxes. Yet you pay them every month. Without question and there is nothing you can do to stop it. Stop and see what happens. So I believe you argument is invalid. But please try it and see what happens. Same thing with gun control.

Proverbs 2
Re: Gun Confiscation Poll [Re: therancher] #7094255 02/27/18 03:16 AM
Chickenman Offline
Extremely Right Wing
Extremely Right Wing
The number of firearm sanctuary counties would look a lot like the 2016 electoral college map. wink

[Linked Image]
Re: Gun Confiscation Poll [Re: therancher] #7094360 02/27/18 06:53 AM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
I went duck hunting and took my firearms with me in case we encountered deer or dangerous feral hogs. A dangerous storm blew in and boat overturned. Unfortunately all items on board sank to the bottom of the lake. Only thing left in my safe are my families pictures on hard drives and birth certs...

Re: Gun Confiscation Poll [Re: Sniper.270] #7094369 02/27/18 07:45 AM
68A Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker

Seriously. A laugh? Please find inthe constitution where it says you will pay federal taxes. Yet you pay them every month. Without question and there is nothing you can do to stop it. Stop and see what happens. So I believe you argument is invalid. But please try it and see what happens. Same thing with gun control.

You might wanna read the 16th amendment.

Re: Gun Confiscation Poll [Re: Concho] #7094378 02/27/18 08:39 AM
B
bucksnbass357 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted By: Concho
Originally Posted By: snake oil
Well I think the answer to this dilemma is renaming the AR15 to an undocumented 15 and they would leave them alone.......

I believe most Americans will obey the law, whatever laws are passed. On the other hand I do not believe the states would ratify elimination of the 2nd Amendment, and the high court has already ruled on the meaning. If we however lose the 2nd Amendment our other rights are not far behind, and pretty soon so is the United States. We are only America because our Constitution says we do not have to allow our government to become a dictatorship or a kingdom. And contrary to common belief we are not dictated by popular vote and our elected officials are not royalty.

On the money as usual Sir. cheers Salute. flag

Re: Gun Confiscation Poll [Re: J.G.] #7094455 02/27/18 12:55 PM
C
Cochise Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Originally Posted By: FiremanJG

Genocide will follow.

Exactly.

History repeats itself.

Genocide on some scale has followed every gun confiscation/ban since the 1900s.

Re: Gun Confiscation Poll [Re: Cochise] #7094511 02/27/18 01:44 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Cochise
Originally Posted By: FiremanJG

Genocide will follow.

Exactly.

History repeats itself.

Genocide on some scale has followed every gun confiscation/ban since the 1900s.

A what REAL mother or father would allow their children to starve? Most people have a limit they will be pushed, before they push back.

435 in the house of representatives
100 in the senate

325,XXX,XXX citizens

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Gun Confiscation Poll [Re: therancher] #7094563 02/27/18 02:23 PM
D
Dry Fire Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
D
I will be a model, law-abiding citizen and turn them in if this law passes.

Right after I run out of ammo.

coffee spelled backwards is eeffoc. I don't give eeffoc until I have my morning coffee.
Re: Gun Confiscation Poll [Re: Sniper.270] #7094566 02/27/18 02:26 PM
T
therancher Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
T

Man you are the gift that just keeps on giving. Incredible. The concept that confiscating guns is in any way comparable to taxation is ridiculous to the point of being hilarious. roflmao

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Gun Confiscation Poll [Re: Sniper.270] #7094618 02/27/18 03:07 PM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P

To really need to repeat your 8th grade government class.

The Sixteenth Amendment (Amendment XVI) to the United States Constitution allows the Congress to levy an income tax without apportioning it among the states or basing it on the United States Census. This amendment exempted income taxes from the constitutional requirements regarding direct taxes, after income taxes on rents, dividends, and interest were ruled to be direct taxes in the court case of Pollock v. Farmers' Loan & Trust Co. (1895). The amendment was adopted on February 3, 1913.

Other Constitutional provisions regarding taxes

Article I, Section 2, Clause 3:

Representatives and direct taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers...[1]

Article I, Section 8, Clause 1:

The Congress shall have Power to lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States.

Article I, Section 9, Clause 4:

No Capitation, or other direct, Tax shall be laid, unless in proportion to the Census or Enumeration herein before directed to be taken.

This clause basically refers to a tax on property, such as a tax based on the value of land,[2] as well as a capitation.

Funny thing about getting older:
Your eyesight starts getting weaker but your ability to
see through people's BS gets much better.
Re: Gun Confiscation Poll [Re: therancher] #7094624 02/27/18 03:11 PM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Looks like we have had responses from 14 Liberals, 41 Libertarians and 106 Conservatives.

Re: Gun Confiscation Poll [Re: therancher] #7094690 02/27/18 04:22 PM
S
snake oil Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Make that 106 conservatives........

"You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas".
Re: Gun Confiscation Poll [Re: snake oil] #7094709 02/27/18 04:31 PM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: snake oil
Make that 106 conservatives........

So noted..up

Re: Gun Confiscation Poll [Re: therancher] #7094890 02/27/18 07:31 PM
Chickenman Offline
Extremely Right Wing
Extremely Right Wing
I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery. Thomas Jefferson

[Linked Image]
Re: Gun Confiscation Poll [Re: Chickenman] #7095206 02/28/18 12:10 AM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: Chickenman
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson

And individual liberty.... flag

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Gun Confiscation Poll [Re: Dry Fire] #7095362 02/28/18 02:07 AM
6InARowMakeItGo Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Dry Fire
I will be a model, law-abiding citizen and turn them in if this law passes.

Right after I run out of ammo.

You already did the first step by voting for a Libtard

🍻
Re: Gun Confiscation Poll [Re: therancher] #7096170 02/28/18 05:25 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
You might wanna read the 16th amendment. [/quote]

Federal taxes as we know them are not mentioned in the Constitution and its articles. Only at the beginning of the last century and after Pollock were "taxes" given pretty solid precedent. In 1913 when the 16th amendment was passed it changed everything. I am not going to give a history lesson on here about the tariffs, taxes, and excise taxes throughout history often associated with the articles, clauses, and sections. Simply looking it up on Wiki and copy and pasting it does not tell the history of "taxes," the constitution, court cases, and amendments. You have to know the true historical path that all these things followed and how they came together. All taxes are not the same or equal. Again, I am not going to give a complete lesson on THF. You can't simply go to wiki and read the outline and know the true history.

Proverbs 2
Re: Gun Confiscation Poll [Re: therancher] #7096179 02/28/18 05:30 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Man you are the gift that just keeps on giving. Incredible. The concept that confiscating guns is in any way comparable to taxation is ridiculous to the point of being hilarious.

You are more than welcome. Your opinion is noted. Completely wrong in my opinion, but you are entitled to it. Your inability to see and make the connection to the two is on you and your lack of education. Both are simply government functions and both have been controlled by the government and will continue until the government holds all the cards as they do in "taxes" and will in gun control. But still glad you find it hilarious. I feel same! wink

Proverbs 2
Re: Gun Confiscation Poll [Re: therancher] #7096238 02/28/18 06:07 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S

The Sixteenth Amendment (Amendment XVI) to the United States Constitution allows the Congress to levy an income tax without apportioning it among the states or basing it on the United States Census. This amendment exempted income taxes from the constitutional requirements regarding direct taxes, after income taxes on rents, dividends, and interest were ruled to be direct taxes in the court case of Pollock v. Farmers' Loan & Trust Co. (1895). The amendment was adopted on February 3, 1913.

Representatives and direct taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers...[1]

The Congress shall have Power to lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States.

No Capitation, or other direct, Tax shall be laid, unless in proportion to the Census or Enumeration herein before directed to be taken.

This clause basically refers to a tax on property, such as a tax based on the value of land,[2] as well as a capitation.

First, Government is not taught in any 8th grade class in Texas. Government is a senior level class taught in 12 grade.
Nice cut and paste from WIKI, but you really have to dig much more in-depth to know and understand the path "taxation" has taken over the years and again I am not going reteach those things. MY whole point is, and I hate it with a passion, that the government can easily get around the 2nd amendment, get it done away with or amended, and all these cold dead hands people would not even realize their guns were gone and they would still be crowing. I guess the fact that we were made to purchase insurance also doesn't show the point either does it? Ranting and raving will not help us. Our only hope is to elect truly conservative constitutionalist and get the same type judges in office. Anyway, just my simple opinion, certainly not going to berate anyone for believing different. Have a great day.

Proverbs 2
Re: Gun Confiscation Poll [Re: Sniper.270] #7097371 03/01/18 03:09 PM
68A Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker

First, Government is not taught in any 8th grade class in Texas. Government is a senior level class taught in 12 grade.
Nice cut and paste from WIKI, but you really have to dig much more in-depth to know and understand the path "taxation" has taken over the years and again I am not going reteach those things. MY whole point is, and I hate it with a passion, that the government can easily get around the 2nd amendment, get it done away with or amended, and all these cold dead hands people would not even realize their guns were gone and they would still be crowing. I guess the fact that we were made to purchase insurance also doesn't show the point either does it? Ranting and raving will not help us. Our only hope is to elect truly conservative constitutionalist and get the same type judges in office. Anyway, just my simple opinion, certainly not going to berate anyone for believing different. Have a great day.

You already have berated people- "lack of education" and accusing others of copying and pasting from wiki. As you stated, youre entitled to your opinion, just like every one else is. That doesn't make yours any more accurate than theirs. Debating amongst ourselves wont solve anything. As you said, the only way to combat the problem is elected officials. In the end though, whatever means or methods they attempt to use, we need to stand together. They can try to use whatever agency and by whatever means but that doesn't mean I will give in. YMMV.

Re: Gun Confiscation Poll [Re: SnakeWrangler] #7099258 03/02/18 11:12 PM
B
bucksnbass357 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted By: SnakeWrangler
Originally Posted By: Chickenman
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson

And individual liberty.... flag

Agreed Sir. cheers

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5