Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Gun Confiscation Poll [Re: RattlesnakeDan] #7092941 02/26/18 01:38 AM
S
Smokey Bear Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted By: RattlesnakeDan
The reason we have the 2nd a. is to defend ourselves from the very people that have the only power to attempt to take our guns. We have a constitutional right to use these very weapons to protect ourselves legally in this country. As long as we have that right it is us who are legal and "they" would be the ones breaking the law.

I tend to agree with this. I also think most of our armed forces and LEO would defend it as well. It is a safeguard in our constitution to defend ourselves in the event of government tyranny. I think the people would rightly revolt if an attempt to take that inalienable right from them were made. At any rate I don't see it happening. More restrictions is a more likely prediction.

Smokey Bear---Lone Star State.
Re: Gun Confiscation Poll [Re: Smokey Bear] #7092952 02/26/18 01:43 AM
HOF Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted By: Smokey Bear
The reason we have the 2nd a. is to defend ourselves from the very people that have the only power to attempt to take our guns. We have a constitutional right to use these very weapons to protect ourselves legally in this country. As long as we have that right it is us who are legal and "they" would be the ones breaking the law.

I tend to agree with this. I also think most of our armed forces and LEO would defend it as well. It is a safeguard in our constitution to defend ourselves in the event of government tyranny. I think the people would rightly revolt if an attempt to take that inalienable right from them were made. At any rate I don't see it happening. More restrictions is a more likely prediction.

I'm not so quick to agree. Recent history provides examples of law enforcement going contrary to established laws, ie drug and immigration enforcement.

Last edited by HOF; 02/26/18 01:53 AM.

Searching the world over for the perfect Chile Relleno.
Re: Gun Confiscation Poll [Re: Sneaky] #7092964 02/26/18 01:48 AM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Sneaky
That’ll work. We’ll start our own village.

You can join us. Miles is about 5 miles to the west, they have a good Mexican food place on the main drag through town. I don't know if the Miles Café is open, but it also has good food.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Gun Confiscation Poll [Re: dogcatcher] #7092966 02/26/18 01:48 AM
T
tcr2 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T

Gun ownership has been on the decline since WWII. As of today, I agree, repealing the 2nd Amendment has very little chance, but each year 3 million new voters come on line as they turn 18, and a few less go off the voter rolls as the elderly, you and I die off. [/quote]

The young ones are being taught guns are evil. This will be death by a thousand cuts. The govt does not have the manpower or the willpower to go door to door searching for guns. They would be like Britian or Australia and have gun buyback programs. Anonymous tip lines would be set up with cash rewards. The government and media would be in concert together preaching against the satanic firearms. It would never be completely successful 100 percent and a black market for firearms would always be active. It's a war by attrition.

Re: Gun Confiscation Poll [Re: bill oxner] #7092969 02/26/18 01:49 AM
F
FayetteCo Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
F
Originally Posted By: bill oxner
Originally Posted By: FayetteCo
Give my guns to them one bullet at a time. Promise.

Threats like this is what Cruz started with. More are now being investigated.

I'm pretty certain I'm on all kinds of government lists. I've protested at abortion mills. I'm an Oathkeeper. I pretty much say what I want when I want. The US government and the FBI can kiss my [censored].

The 2A is not about hunting, or target shooting. It is about my God given right to keep and bear arms. Even if the 2A was repealed I would still have the right. The 2A in the BOR does not grant me the right, it AFIRMS the right that preexisted before the Constitution was written.

My RKBA means that the guns I own are MINE. They are my personal property. NOONE can take them away. The very threat of confiscation is the same as the reasons this great country started the revolution.

You can do whatever you want, Bill, and you can argue whatever you want against my posts. It will not change anything. You can go ahead and [censored] out however you want. Your choice.

I will do mine my way.

Last edited by FayetteCo; 02/26/18 01:53 AM.
Re: Gun Confiscation Poll [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #7092992 02/26/18 02:03 AM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator
Originally Posted By: therancher
Originally Posted By: dogcatcher
At first there will be some that resist, but after a few confrontations that number will start dropping dramatically. You shoot at a LEO or whoever is collecting the weapons, they will shot back. A LAW shot at your "fortress" will help you change your mind ASAP.

But that scenario won't ever happen, American are overall law abiding people, most would obey the law. The few that say "pry it from my cold dead hands" would be only a small percentage. When they see others die, the choices will be a lot more clear.

But I think it would take a Constitutional Amendment, I doubt if any of us see this in our lifetimes. Our grandchildren, that could be a possibility.

I agree that it would take a constitutional amendment. I don't agree that there wouldn't be many who would defend the right to keep and bear. To me that line is the deepest ever drawn, and is in no way comparable to raising taxes, outlawing cell phones in cars etc.

I agree and I think you would have a very small group of LEOs willing to invade people's homes to confiscate.

Speaking for myself, I would be way too busy trying to keep my own guns to worry about taking anyone else's and I would like to think most LEO's would be the same. I can guarantee without a doubt I would not be involved in confiscating guns.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: Gun Confiscation Poll [Re: FayetteCo] #7093031 02/26/18 02:31 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: bill oxner
Give my guns to them one bullet at a time. Promise.

Threats like this is what Cruz started with. More are now being investigated.

I'm pretty certain I'm on all kinds of government lists. I've protested at abortion mills. I'm an Oathkeeper. I pretty much say what I want when I want. The US government and the FBI can kiss my [censored].

The 2A is not about hunting, or target shooting. It is about my God given right to keep and bear arms. Even if the 2A was repealed I would still have the right. The 2A in the BOR does not grant me the right, it AFIRMS the right that preexisted before the Constitution was written.

My RKBA means that the guns I own are MINE. They are my personal property. NOONE can take them away. The very threat of confiscation is the same as the reasons this great country started the revolution.

You can do whatever you want, Bill, and you can argue whatever you want against my posts. It will not change anything. You can go ahead and [censored] out however you want. Your choice.

I will do mine my way.

I don’t know who you are or where you came from, but I think you and I might just get along alright.

Re: Gun Confiscation Poll [Re: HOF] #7093043 02/26/18 02:39 AM
hopalong Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: HOF
Originally Posted By: Smokey Bear

I'm not so quick to agree. Recent history provides examples of law enforcement going contrary to established laws, ie drug and immigration enforcement.

or nola right after a hurricane?

Last edited by hopalong; 02/26/18 02:40 AM.

lake fork FISHERMANS COVE MARINA - 903 474 7479 reservations

Re: Gun Confiscation Poll [Re: SapperTitan] #7093054 02/26/18 02:45 AM
T
therancher Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: SapperTitan
A 30 06, nor an AR 15, is a match for an Apache gun ship. If the US government wants our guns, they'll get them.

I agree with dog catcher, many will talk tough, after the first few die ugly, the majority will will hand them over.

I don't like it any more than anyone else, but it's the way it will go.
you really think an Apache pilot will agree to turn his guns on American citizens? I know one and I know he wouldn’t.

Haven’t read all the posts. But I agree. And dogcather pointing to “past examples” is simply ridiculous. There are no “past examples” that compare.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Gun Confiscation Poll [Re: therancher] #7093058 02/26/18 02:51 AM
K
krmitchell Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
K
If full autos weren’t confiscated after the law changed there is no way a full firearm confiscation will happen.

Re: Gun Confiscation Poll [Re: therancher] #7093060 02/26/18 02:53 AM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
A 30 06, nor an AR 15, is a match for an Apache gun ship. If the US government wants our guns, they'll get them.

I agree with dog catcher, many will talk tough, after the first few die ugly, the majority will will hand them over.

you really think an Apache pilot will agree to turn his guns on American citizens? I know one and I know he wouldn’t.

Haven’t read all the posts. But I agree. And dogcather pointing to “past examples” is simply ridiculous. There are no “past examples” that compare.

I haven't posted any past examples, nor has anyone else, The only reference to past examples was about the Katrina hurricane and New Orleans. And it wasn't made in this thread.

[Linked Image]
Re: Gun Confiscation Poll [Re: therancher] #7093067 02/26/18 02:56 AM
C
Cleric Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
If by some miracle it passes congress and trump,signed it. There would be an immediate injunction and it would go to the Supreme Court which would strike it down

Re: Gun Confiscation Poll [Re: therancher] #7093077 02/26/18 03:02 AM
J
JCO Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
I'll move to one of those Sanctuary Cities, probably one that gets started on here.

NRA Life Member (Master of Poor Decisions)
Re: Gun Confiscation Poll [Re: dogcatcher] #7093081 02/26/18 03:03 AM
T
therancher Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
T

I haven't posted any past examples, nor has anyone else, The only reference to past examples was about the Katrina hurricane and New Orleans. And it wasn't made in this thread.

Your post at the bottom of page 1.

“If it came to confiscation the 2nd Amendment would have already been repealed. Basically it would be against the law to own one, would the majority of LEO or military go against the law? That is question that nobody can second guess. But past examples, I bet that that most will comply”

It breaks my heart to see you suffer this level of dementia.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Gun Confiscation Poll [Re: therancher] #7093092 02/26/18 03:14 AM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

“If it came to confiscation the 2nd Amendment would have already been repealed. Basically it would be against the law to own one, would the majority of LEO or military go against the law? That is question that nobody can second guess. But past examples, I bet that that most will comply”

That was not in reference to any gun laws, it was in reference to the fact when a new law is imposed most people will be compliant with that law.

[Linked Image]
Re: Gun Confiscation Poll [Re: dogcatcher] #7093133 02/26/18 03:59 AM
T
therancher Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
T

That was not in reference to any gun laws, it was in reference to the fact when a new law is imposed most people will be compliant with that law.

Ok. Again, there has never been anything to compare. You can’t possibly think any other restriction has anything close to similar opposition. Well, not from a sane POV.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Gun Confiscation Poll [Re: therancher] #7093137 02/26/18 04:02 AM
S
SapperTitan Offline
Taking Requests
Taking Requests
S
Lots of people were willing to die and murder during the prohibition I’m sure if they prohibit guns it will be the same but on a much larger scale.

Re: Gun Confiscation Poll [Re: therancher] #7093140 02/26/18 04:03 AM
N
Nathan at Fork Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
Ive only got three guns left. Long way from what I once owned.

[Linked Image]
Re: Gun Confiscation Poll [Re: therancher] #7093142 02/26/18 04:05 AM
S
Simple Searcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
I would like to think that entire states would stand up against confiscation, not just individuals.

[Linked Image]

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark
Re: Gun Confiscation Poll [Re: Simple Searcher] #7093144 02/26/18 04:08 AM
K
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
K
Originally Posted By: Simple Searcher
I would like to think that entire states would stand up against confiscation, not just individuals.

Hence the civil war comments.

Re: Gun Confiscation Poll [Re: krmitchell] #7093149 02/26/18 04:11 AM
T
therancher Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: rexmitchell

That, and a large chunk of the military.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Gun Confiscation Poll [Re: krmitchell] #7093152 02/26/18 04:13 AM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

A civil war were a state as a whole stands up against it's own country would be a lot more powerful than a civil war were small groups do so. Hence the state comment.

Last edited by Simple Searcher; 02/26/18 04:13 AM.

[Linked Image]

Re: Gun Confiscation Poll [Re: Simple Searcher] #7093155 02/26/18 04:18 AM
K
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
K

Yep.

A civil war were a state as a whole stands up against it's own country would be a lot more powerful than a civil war were small groups do so. Hence the state comment.

I was agreeing with you.

Re: Gun Confiscation Poll [Re: krmitchell] #7093159 02/26/18 04:25 AM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

Yep.

I was agreeing with you.

up

[Linked Image]

Re: Gun Confiscation Poll [Re: therancher] #7093197 02/26/18 05:24 AM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

Ok. Again, there has never been anything to compare. You can’t possibly think any other restriction has anything close to similar opposition. Well, not from a sane POV.

The 1934 NFA when the government required registration of automatic weapons and sawed off shotguns. The general public obeyed the law. During the Katrina confiscation, how many firefights happened between LEO and the gun owners? The law abiding population will generally obey a law, even if they do not agree with.

[Linked Image]
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide