Print Thread
Online Hunter Ed Course #7080137 02/15/18 09:50 PM
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
Q
Which did you choose, and how long did it take to complete?

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Re: Online Hunter Ed Course [Re: QuitShootinYoungBucks] #7080207 02/15/18 10:31 PM
R
rdhibbs Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R
I took this one (online only for folks over 17).

I have some reading difficulty so I spent a full day (10 - 12 Hrs). I think it is set up as 6 hrs for the course not counting the test. A good reader could go much faster than I did.

I took this course because it was only $15.00. I was happy with the course

Thank You
Robert

To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, right or wrong - is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.

Theodore Roosevelt
Re: Online Hunter Ed Course [Re: QuitShootinYoungBucks] #7080223 02/15/18 10:39 PM
K
KingHunter17 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
K
Idk if they have changed it or not but the ones my friends took, you could just skip the content and go straight to the final exam and if you passed you were done. Took maybe 20 mins or less to take the exam.

If the trigger is gold, the birds will fold.
Re: Online Hunter Ed Course [Re: QuitShootinYoungBucks] #7080228 02/15/18 10:40 PM
H
Herbie Hancock Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
The one I did, was you did all the reading and quiz's online, then do the half day field course, along with the final exam. It took a little longer than half a day because the teacher loved to listen to himself talk.

It takes beer to make thirst worthwhile - J. Fred Schmidt

The internet is an I.Q. Test, people post their scores in the comment section.
Re: Online Hunter Ed Course [Re: rdhibbs] #7081442 02/16/18 08:20 PM
Q
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
Q
Originally Posted By: rdhibbs

I have some reading difficulty so I spent a full day (10 - 12 Hrs). I think it is set up as 6 hrs for the course not counting the test. A good reader could go much faster than I did.

Can you post a specific link? There were at least 4 options when I looked at TPWD. This will be online only, no field class.

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Re: Online Hunter Ed Course [Re: QuitShootinYoungBucks] #7081623 02/16/18 10:20 PM
R
rdhibbs Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R
Originally Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Can you post a specific link? There were at least 4 options when I looked at TPWD. This will be online only, no field class.

I apologize, I thought I had posted the link. It was the last choice.

https://www.texashuntered.com/

Thank You
Robert

To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, right or wrong - is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.

Theodore Roosevelt
Re: Online Hunter Ed Course [Re: QuitShootinYoungBucks] #7081901 02/17/18 01:48 AM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
A friend of mine told me his wife took the course on-line from the Montana website. He was taking his wife on an elk hunt to Colorado and realized at the last minute she did not have her hunter safety card(she was legal to hunt Texas due to her age). The outfitter in Colorado told her to do the Montana on-line course since it was much easier and quicker than any other state. Said it worked for her in Colorado and I think she can hunt in any state now. Might want to check into that option.

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Online Hunter Ed Course [Re: stxranchman] #7084163 02/19/18 02:35 AM
Q
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
Q
Originally Posted By: stxranchman
A friend of mine told me his wife took the course on-line from the Montana website. He was taking his wife on an elk hunt to Colorado and realized at the last minute she did not have her hunter safety card(she was legal to hunt Texas due to her age). The outfitter in Colorado told her to do the Montana on-line course since it was much easier and quicker than any other state. Said it worked for her in Colorado and I think she can hunt in any state now. Might want to check into that option.

Thank you, STX! Happy to see you coming around again!

[Linked Image]

Re: Online Hunter Ed Course [Re: QuitShootinYoungBucks] #7084192 02/19/18 03:13 AM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
I took one when I was 15 back when there were dinosaurs, for a hunt in Colorado. I went to Colorado again this year to hunt and they had no record of it. So I had to take an online course through them. It wasn't very easy. A lot of trick questions so I had to do a lot of back and forth since I didn't read the course just went to the test. It was timed too. I passed but it was just a few minutes under the deadline. I ain't doing it again.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Online Hunter Ed Course [Re: QuitShootinYoungBucks] #7084518 02/19/18 02:30 PM
T
tShawnB Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
I took an online course, went straight thru the quizes and then the final quiz, didn't read or watch any videos. All commonsense stuff if you were raised around guns and hunting. I think it took be about an hour to complete.

How come everybody I meet is a deer hunting expert?
Re: Online Hunter Ed Course [Re: tShawnB] #7084900 02/19/18 07:20 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: tShawnB
I took an online course, went straight thru the quizes and then the final quiz, didn't read or watch any videos. All commonsense stuff if you were raised around guns and hunting. I think it took be about an hour to complete.

You didn’t take the one I took then. The one I took was administered by Colorado and it had a 30 min time limit and it had questions specific to the reading material that I didn’t read.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Online Hunter Ed Course [Re: QuitShootinYoungBucks] #7098959 03/02/18 07:11 PM
T
TXDuckCreeklabs Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
it is required and chose the first available

Re: Online Hunter Ed Course [Re: QuitShootinYoungBucks] #7109143 03/12/18 08:58 PM
J
Jimbo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Be careful which course you take.
There are a lot out there and the one I took was listed under TPWD.
I took the course last year in order to qualify for hunting on the military base near me (I'm 71) and I took the course in August of last year. Passed it and I printed out the temporary card which they said they would mail me the permanent one. TPWD then decided that they no longer will issue cards and you have to print out an on line card from your file.
Well my course never made it to the TPWD file and I've called and emailed the course provider multiple times and called and they said they would issue me another temp card and make sure it got into the TPWD file.
Here is is mid March and I've still not got my course listed in the TPWD file so I can't print out a card. My Bowhunter education course I took years ago is there but not the Hunters education course.
I'm thinking I got scammed and their site looks official enough but so far after multiple attempts no change.
Guess I'll have to take it over again and try some other provider.
Just a heads up. They give you an email address and 1 800 number in their customer service and put you on hold forever or never call back.
It's listed as "Texas Hunter ed course" if that helps.

Thursday at 12:45 PM
Once i learned that i didn't "NEED" to kill something, and that if i did kill something all the fun stopped and work began, i was a much better hunter.
Re: Online Hunter Ed Course [Re: QuitShootinYoungBucks] #7109884 03/13/18 04:04 PM
R
rdhibbs Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R
Jimbo,
I do not know your situation, but there is a known and confusing issue with the Hunter ED records. You have to ensure that EVERYTHING is under the same Email. if your sign in email for you archery hunting course was different then the Hunter Ed course that may be your issue.

The folks at Texas Parks and Wildlife are great to work with and get stuff worked out.

The best of luck to you my firend.

Thank You
Robert

Theodore Roosevelt
Re: Online Hunter Ed Course [Re: rdhibbs] #7112055 03/15/18 04:12 PM
J
Jimbo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Jimbo,
I do not know your situation, but there is a known and confusing issue with the Hunter ED records. You have to ensure that EVERYTHING is under the same Email. if your sign in email for you archery hunting course was different then the Hunter Ed course that may be your issue.

The folks at Texas Parks and Wildlife are great to work with and get stuff worked out.

The best of luck to you my firend.

Thank you for the reply, and I'm going to keep hammering them to try and get it straight.
I'd just hate to have to take it over, but I guess another refresher course has it's advantages. cheers

Thursday at 12:45 PM
Once i learned that i didn't "NEED" to kill something, and that if i did kill something all the fun stopped and work began, i was a much better hunter.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide