Print Thread
Frustrated Customer - Browning Maxus #7017382 12/30/17 11:12 PM
D
Do-Nothin Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
D
If this is the wrong place for such a rant, please move. I have a browning Maxus that is a few years old and has by far, been my favorite gun to date. It's a killer. I had to send it back to Browning a few weeks into Duck season this year due to the soldering breaking apart from the barrel where the ring slides over that magazine tube. I have spoken to a few gunsmiths who reassured me that this should be taken care of by Browning at no cost to me, and heard the same thing from a service representative on the phone explaining that "that shouldn't happen to a browning." This issue is crippling to my gun for the remainder of duck season, but more than anything, they want me to foot the bill for a barrel replacement..

I have an issue with a few things..

First - I am a "browning fan." This is discouraging to me as a loyal customer. I have light 12's and belgium made 16's that have never had a problem. I buy Browning with confidence and preach how awesome they are when I get a chance. I feel as though a "reputable company," such as Browning, should step up when something is wrong.

Second - I have never needed Browning's assistance with anything. This problem has not come as a result of negligence or excessive abuse. I have had two gunsmiths not touch it because it appears to be a "factory issue." The one time I need Browning to step up to the plate to fix an issue that I believe to be faulty from the factory, I get a bill for a barrel replacement for $340. Not only do I get to replace the barrel, the replacements only are offered in 30". So, not only can I can pay $340 to fix a problem that appears to be faulty from the factory, but I'll be getting a gun back with a 30" barrel back.

I hope I am not totally off base here. As a loyal Browning customer, I am extremely frustrated to find out that my brand of choice refuses to stand up for their product and replace a barrel that is not a product of misuse, but rather, a factory problem. Does anyone have any suggestions, or points of contact? I would even love to speak with some gunsmiths in NTX who might be able to fix my problem, as, I would rather spend my money with them. I hope the issue can be resolved, however, this may be my last Browning.

**This is not my first post, I forgot my login info and had to create a new name!**

Re: Frustrated Customer - Browning Maxus [Re: Do-Nothin] #7017398 12/30/17 11:28 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
I’m a Browning fan, too, but I’ve heard a lot of bad things about their customer service.

Re: Frustrated Customer - Browning Maxus [Re: Do-Nothin] #7017403 12/30/17 11:34 PM
J
JCB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
I was a loyal Browning fan for about 18 years. It ended the first time I had to deal with their customer service.
Countless phone calls and a year later my issue was resolved but it was to late. I wouldn't whiz on Browning if they were on fire now.

Re: Frustrated Customer - Browning Maxus [Re: Do-Nothin] #7017756 12/31/17 04:08 AM
fgdn Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker

cant go wrong buying a B gun, ya da, ya da, ya da.

welcome

end of the day, they should fix. but it is probably going to be awhile for it to get done
good luck

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting.......holy kaka.....What a Ride!
Re: Frustrated Customer - Browning Maxus [Re: Do-Nothin] #7017767 12/31/17 04:16 AM
P
patriot07 Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
P
I had to call them about a Browning Gold Fusion awhile back and they said, "We won't support that model anymore - your gun was made in 2003 and it's 14 years old."

I couldn't believe it. I asked how long they think a gun with a lifetime warranty is supposed to last...no response. They ended up sending me a part that didn't fit, because they apparently they put multiple types of fiber optic sights on those guns. But they did it at no charge and they were friendly after that. But I only got the part I need after doing tons of research and finding a replacement on my own time.

Re: Frustrated Customer - Browning Maxus [Re: Do-Nothin] #7017790 12/31/17 04:43 AM
C
Cass Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C

Do-Nothin:

Did they explain why they won't cover the repair or replacement?

Cass

Re: Frustrated Customer - Browning Maxus [Re: Do-Nothin] #7017876 12/31/17 07:07 AM
kry226 Offline
The General
The General
I own a Browning Gold and used to have an A-Bolt. Outside of a couple jams with mixed shells loaded at the same time, the shotgun has been flawless (the A-Bolt was too). If I get that kind of "customer service" from Browning should this shotgun have similar issues, I will melt it down into a boot jack before I let them send me a bill for correcting their quality control problem.

Sorry for your troubles OP.

[Linked Image]
Re: Frustrated Customer - Browning Maxus [Re: Do-Nothin] #7017930 12/31/17 01:10 PM
J.G. Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
In the information age, there is no excuse for them to believe they can treat customers like this. Facebook, and Twitter actually are good places to set them on fire. The old call to the BBB wouldn't be put of question for me either.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Frustrated Customer - Browning Maxus [Re: Do-Nothin] #7018105 12/31/17 03:55 PM
D
Do-Nothin Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
D
Thanks for the responses, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something! To answer a question above, they have not yet explained why they will not cover the issue. I have been out of town and have not had time to sit down and contact them. I am hoping for the best, while preparing for the worst. Hopefully, they will fix it, and if they don't I will keep reaching out through social media. Hoping Customer service isn't totally dead.

Re: Frustrated Customer - Browning Maxus [Re: Do-Nothin] #7018138 12/31/17 04:26 PM
W
Walkabout Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
W
Well you have convinced me that Browning should repair or replace that model. Unfortunately it sounds like Browning will not. Perhaps you could display your message on as many hunting forums, FB and other social medias as possible so that other hunters are educated before investing a dime with Browning.

I would rather invest my money on repair with a solid local gunsmith and find a new manufacturer for future guns. You should not have to go through this much frustration with a reputable manufacturer. Sorry.

Re: Frustrated Customer - Browning Maxus [Re: Do-Nothin] #7070620 02/08/18 03:14 PM
D
Do-Nothin Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
D
Update to my browning customer service "issue".. Upon speaking with them about the gun, they explained that a small bulge had happened around the gas ports and had caused the solder break, said that the issue was small enough that if a gunsmith was just eyeballing at the gun, it could have been overlooked. I understood, but was still a little bothered by the fact that they did not have any 28" barrels in my camo pattern, and that my gun would have a 30' barrel on it when it came back. I thought it over and just decided to "bite the bullet," and do the matching barrel in 30".

Fast forward a few weeks...

I have a voicemail from Browning saying to call when I get a chance. Great, here we go again... To my surprise, I was told that upon trying to replace the barrel, they realized they did not have any barrels, of any length, in my camo, in stock, and that they would like to replace the gun with a new (not refurbished) Maxus for the cost of the repairs. I told them that that was more than fair, and I appreciated the gesture. No paperwork, they handle everything in house. New gun on the way, only instructions from browning were to give it a good cleaning, and enjoy it.

I am back to being a Browning fan after almost scrapping them totally.

Re: Frustrated Customer - Browning Maxus [Re: Do-Nothin] #7070661 02/08/18 03:39 PM
68A Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
I’m confused. Was this issue due to neglect or something that existed from the factory? If it was pre existing, why should you have to pay for anything?

Re: Frustrated Customer - Browning Maxus [Re: Do-Nothin] #7070681 02/08/18 03:53 PM
D
Do-Nothin Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
D
Their explanation was that the barrel had a small bulge from firing, most likely due to something in the barrel. By their analysis, not factory. I like to think that I don't neglect my guns. During duck season, however, I am guilty of not cleaning my gun and properly checking it after every trip.

Re: Frustrated Customer - Browning Maxus [Re: Do-Nothin] #7070714 02/08/18 04:09 PM
T
TFF Caribou Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
That sounds more than fair. Good for browning.

The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference. -George Washington
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide