Deer lease #7066833 02/05/18 06:25 PM
G
GLC Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
G
First, please read all info.

To be upfront, the land is for sale at the moment by the owner. It was put up for sale this past winter when he started building his home to show bank possible other income. He has priced it rather high so the odds of selling it will be rare, that is what I am told. He is willing to put in writing that if it did sell before next hunting season, lease money and deposit would be returned.

Ok, that being said, I am not the owner but have leased this property for the past three years. Land owners are great. In the second year, the area was selectively logged. I am primarily a bow hunter and there is still PLENTY of cover. Lease is in Red River county north of Clarksville so check game laws for that county to make sure this area is what you are looking for.

I will be very selective on who gets these spots. We are allowed 4 paid hunters on this property which is about 150 acres. It has been myself, wife and my older married kids on the lease in the past so it is more of just a family lease. Son in law and daughter are not re-leasing this year. I encourage immediate family especially kids to participate and enjoy the property. We have access year round. During deer season I don't care who shoots your personal allotted harvests per TPWD. I prefer it be your immediate family though especially your younger kids to get them involved in the out doors. But if I get wind that you are harvesting more game than you yourself are personally allowed, you are gone, you loose your hunting rights and money paid, period. This is on the honor system, if I can't trust you I don't want you there.

This year, for paid spots, it will just be me and my 37 year old son. If you want to make it 2 more open spots, it will be $1750 per gun. If you are wanting to make it a 3 person paid lease, me my son and you,then your part will be $2500. You will also have a $500 deposit per paid spot. We can divide up the elec bill equally. This lease runs from Feb to Feb. We do have power on the property but no water. You can park a trailer, camp in a tent or sleep in your truck, your option. I do have a 24 ft trailer that I may be selling because I have 2 up there now. If you want to put up your stands and feeders, you are welcome. If you want to hunt out of the ones there, you are welcome to but with permission only. I mostly have open tripod stands because I mainly bow hunt but do have 3 box stands. The same goes with your stands, no one will hunt out of them without your permission. I feed corn year round. Hogs are plentiful but I ask that when you take sows, plan on eating them. I don't like to waste game. Any boar you shoot you can let lay, varmints will have it gone in a couple of days. If you have a family member or friend that wants to hunt pigs no problem just let me know in advance so I don't come out and find a bunch of strangers on the property. Any guest you bring you are responsible for period so you had better trust them. FYI, we have turkey also.

I try to keep roads/paths as maintained as possible. I have a small tractor. There are times when it rains a lot that some trails/paths to stands are under water in spots so unless you are walking I suggest a 4 wheeler. Trails are pretty narrow for truck or 4x4 and they would probably get stuck anyways. Currently we are only hunting about 30 to 40 percent of the property since it has been just my family here. 150 acres may sound small but like I said there is a lot of cover like normal east Texas areas. We would only allow stands in places where there would not be an accident.

So far we had had no issues at camp as far as break ins and theft except for one game cam stolen at the gate a couple of years ago. I have had 2 travels trailers, 2 flat bed trailers, 2- 4 wheelers, tools, tractor, implements and other things up there with no issues.

Main land owners rules:
1. No more than 4 paid spots, no sub-leasing
2. No more than 4 hunters hunting at one time
3. DO NOT TRASH UP THE PLACE, if you brought it in take it out.
4. Any wild parties or activities, legal or not where Sheriff department is called, everyone is off the lease, period.
5. Must abide within TPWD game laws.
6. NO DRAMMA!, my rule.
7. ATV's allowed and suggested but do not turn the property into a race track.
8. Guest welcome but you are responsible for them.

I know this is long but no reason to respond to me if you can't abide with what is above. Let me know if you have any other questions. Deer are typical for east Texas, bucks are in the 110 to 120 range. There are larger ones but are rare. There are some monster boars up there that have to be taken out. They are big enough to destroy a feeder. Property is about 80 to 90 percent fenced.

Re: Deer lease [Re: GLC] #7068101 02/06/18 05:45 PM
G
GLC Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
G
I have had a lot of requests for any pics, listing a few here.

Re: Deer lease [Re: GLC] #7068184 02/06/18 06:44 PM
W
Wilhunt Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Nice buck.

Re: Deer lease [Re: GLC] #7068374 02/06/18 08:24 PM
R
Russ79 Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
R
Is the deposit in addition to the lease price or is that to hold your spot and then pay the balance whatever it ends up being?

Re: Deer lease [Re: GLC] #7068378 02/06/18 08:27 PM
G
GLC Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
G
Deposit is separate from lease money. This is for the land owner not me. When you leave the lease they will refund your deposit as long as there is not a big mess to clean up or damage to property/fence.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide