Trump to keep Elephant trophy ban in place. #7065526 02/04/18 07:53 PM
U
UNT@2007 Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
U
http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environ...ting-convention
So trump tells prissy Piers Morgan in an interview last week that he is going to keep that elephant trophy ban in place and that he doesn’t think that African hunting is conservation. Not so much as a squawk out of the hunting and outdoors community over this. We are the ones that support him not the anti crowd.

Re: Trump to keep Elephant trophy ban in place. [Re: UNT@2007] #7065542 02/04/18 08:16 PM
4Weight Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Good. Why does anyone need to kill and elephant anyway. You don't eat it.

Re: Trump to keep Elephant trophy ban in place. [Re: 4Weight] #7065552 02/04/18 08:27 PM
U
UNT@2007 Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
U
Why go deer hunting if you can buy meat at the supermarket if you are going to use that logic. 🤨

Re: Trump to keep Elephant trophy ban in place. [Re: 4Weight] #7065590 02/04/18 09:01 PM
S
Sneaky Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: 4Weight

Stupid.

Re: Trump to keep Elephant trophy ban in place. [Re: UNT@2007] #7065591 02/04/18 09:01 PM
CharlieCTx Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted By: UNT@2007
Why go deer hunting if you can buy meat at the supermarket if you are going to use that logic.

Oh come on... everyone knows the only place to BUY deer meat is at Arbys, and then it's not everywhere. smile

Kel-Tec RFB + Griffin Sportsman Ultra Light 300 + Pulsar Apex XQ-50
M&P-10 + AAC Cyclone
Remy 700 + Leupold VX3 3.5x10x50 CDS
Re: Trump to keep Elephant trophy ban in place. [Re: UNT@2007] #7065641 02/04/18 09:44 PM
U
UNT@2007 Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
U
This is exactly like the debate over owning assault rifles where you have gun owners lecturing other gun owners that they don’t need to own an assault rifle.

Re: Trump to keep Elephant trophy ban in place. [Re: UNT@2007] #7065648 02/04/18 09:50 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
This is exactly like the debate over owning assault rifles where you have gun owners lecturing other gun owners that they don’t need to own an assault rifle.

I’ve actually never seen that on here. I’ve seen arguments about which is better for certain kinds of hunting-and then AR owners trying to put words in folks’ mouth to that effect in an attempt to change the debate.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Trump to keep Elephant trophy ban in place. [Re: 4Weight] #7065662 02/04/18 10:02 PM
syncerus Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker

This is inaccurate. Elephants are consumed in their virtual entirety by villagers in the hunting areas. Bear in mind that the local villagers subsist almost entirely on ground cornmeal; any protean is very welcome indeed.

NRA Patriot Benefactor & DSC Lifer
Re: Trump to keep Elephant trophy ban in place. [Re: UNT@2007] #7065670 02/04/18 10:12 PM
H
Hogslayer5L Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
H
While i have no desire to kill one I do know that in most cases they choose an old bull that is doing no good for the herd and therefore it does help with conservation. Also, this doesnt ban hunting them, just importing anything from them back. Cheetahs and lions have same ban

Re: Trump to keep Elephant trophy ban in place. [Re: UNT@2007] #7065680 02/04/18 10:21 PM
R
RattlesnakeDan Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
R
There is much more to elephant hunting that helps those in need from food to money for their livelihood. To say there is no reason to hunt an elephant is a liberal mindset based on emotions and without facts or merit.

Just like Jesus, sometimes you gotta kill some hogs.
Lone Star Mesquite . com
RattleSnake Dan's Shredding Service
Re: Trump to keep Elephant trophy ban in place. [Re: UNT@2007] #7065716 02/04/18 10:45 PM
J
JCO Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
I'm glad his focus is elsewhere. He can always come back to the elephants after the swamp is drained and the wall is built.

NRA Life Member (Master of Poor Decisions)
Re: Trump to keep Elephant trophy ban in place. [Re: RattlesnakeDan] #7065718 02/04/18 10:46 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: RattlesnakeDan
There is much more to elephant hunting that helps those in need from food to money for their livelihood. To say there is no reason to hunt an elephant is a liberal mindset based on emotions and without facts or merit.

Yup....don't know any folks that eat coyotes but the justify shooting them...... rolleyes

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Trump to keep Elephant trophy ban in place. [Re: UNT@2007] #7066007 02/05/18 02:06 AM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environ...ting-convention
So trump tells prissy Piers Morgan in an interview last week that he is going to keep that elephant trophy ban in place and that he doesn’t think that African hunting is conservation. Not so much as a squawk out of the hunting and outdoors community over this. We are the ones that support him not the anti crowd.

Do a little research and find out which countries the importation ban is about and why it came about. Then ask your self as a hunter conservationist if the ban should hold or be reversed.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Trump to keep Elephant trophy ban in place. [Re: 4Weight] #7066040 02/05/18 02:22 AM
K
krmitchell Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
K

The local villages disagree with you 100%.

Last edited by rexmitchell; 02/05/18 02:22 AM.
Re: Trump to keep Elephant trophy ban in place. [Re: Sneaky] #7066319 02/05/18 09:25 AM
S
snake oil Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted By: Sneaky

Stupid.

Agree....

"You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas".
Re: Trump to keep Elephant trophy ban in place. [Re: UNT@2007] #7066410 02/05/18 01:38 PM
505ed Offline
Tracker
Tracker
If the world wants to see elephants slaughtered...keep ban in place--hell do away with trophy hunting...it will not be long and there will be nothing. They will be poached out in 20 years. I had the pleasure of hunting elephant. It was an experience I treasure. Yes, the meat and fat was consumed. The hide was used--some by me and most by the community. My dollars I spent employed people that would otherwise probably not have a job--like skinners, camp staff--or would be poachers--ie trackers. I'm sure that some dollars somewhere went to some political cronies--heck it's Africa. But in my opinion the good far outweighs the corrupt.

Ed

Re: Trump to keep Elephant trophy ban in place. [Re: 505ed] #7066417 02/05/18 01:43 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted By: 505ed
If the world wants to see elephants slaughtered...keep ban in place--hell do away with trophy hunting...it will not be long and there will be nothing. They will be poached out in 20 years. I had the pleasure of hunting elephant. It was an experience I treasure. Yes, the meat and fat was consumed. The hide was used--some by me and most by the community. My dollars I spent employed people that would otherwise probably not have a job--like skinners, camp staff--or would be poachers--ie trackers. I'm sure that some dollars somewhere went to some political cronies--heck it's Africa. But in my opinion the good far outweighs the corrupt.

Ed

Facts don’t matter in this debate unfortunately. The prez bought into the emotion, said it’s “horrible”, so that’s what his policy is based on. Sad.

I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Trump to keep Elephant trophy ban in place. [Re: JCO] #7066438 02/05/18 02:03 PM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted By: JCO
I'm glad his focus is elsewhere. He can always come back to the elephants after the swamp is drained and the wall is built.

Exactly.

Re: Trump to keep Elephant trophy ban in place. [Re: UNT@2007] #7066459 02/05/18 02:26 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Not so much as a squawk out of the hunting and outdoors community over this.

You're not looking very hard.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Trump to keep Elephant trophy ban in place. [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #7066493 02/05/18 02:48 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Ed

Facts don’t matter in this debate unfortunately. The prez bought into the emotion, said it’s “horrible”, so that’s what his policy is based on. Sad.

Facts do matter, the ban envolves two countries. The ban was put in place because Zambia and Zimbabwe had crap for an elephant conservation plan. Have those two countries come up with a elephant conservation plan that appeases the international scentific community?

What’s Really sad is those of us weighting in with out actual facts, just pure emotion.

Not one person on this thread has argued that those two countries have come up with an acceptable elephant conservation plan.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Trump to keep Elephant trophy ban in place. [Re: BOBO the Clown] #7066596 02/05/18 03:50 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Ed

Facts do matter, the ban envolves two countries. The ban was put in place because Zambia and Zimbabwe had crap for an elephant conservation plan. Have those two countries come up with a elephant conservation plan that appeases the international scentific community?

What’s Really sad is those of us weighting in with out actual facts, just pure emotion.

Not one person on this thread has argued that those two countries have come up with an acceptable elephant conservation plan.

I'm aware of the situation. Plan or no plan, effectively removing the $$$ that hunters provide for the conservation of the species sucks. Maybe you should do a little reading too - the disastrous effects of elephant hunting bans in Kenya and Botswana are a good place to start. Elephant hunting helps elephants - just like most all sport hunting helps the species being hunted. Those are the facts.

Defending a President who calls elephant hunting "horrible" by accusing others of basing opinions on emotion is the height of irony.

Re: Trump to keep Elephant trophy ban in place. [Re: UNT@2007] #7066607 02/05/18 03:56 PM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Guess Don Jrs opinion doesn't mean much to daddy.

Re: Trump to keep Elephant trophy ban in place. [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #7066670 02/05/18 04:35 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Ed

I'm aware of the situation. Plan or no plan, effectively removing the $$$ that hunters provide for the conservation of the species sucks. Maybe you should do a little reading too - the disastrous effects of elephant hunting bans in Kenya and Botswana might be a good place to start.

you where all about burning Palmer to the stake off public speculation of illegal non conservation based hunting. But yet are full court press on Pres Trump for not reversing a ban that’s based on conservation for the continued hunting of a species?

Kenya and Botswana are outright bans, big difference.

You pride yourself as a hunter conservationists but don’t want to push for sound scientific management? If you where fully aware then you would of argued off USFW’s recommendations

Re: Trump to keep Elephant trophy ban in place. [Re: UNT@2007] #7066682 02/05/18 04:41 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Banning ivory/horn/hide importation of any animal is a de-facto hunting ban. Hunters are the best conservationists and hunters' $$$ are the primary and most impactful conservation tools that exist. To remove their $$$ and voices from the table is almost always disastrous for the animals at issue.

Re: Trump to keep Elephant trophy ban in place. [Re: UNT@2007] #7066692 02/05/18 04:45 PM
S
snake oil Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
If I shot one I'd have to build another house just to put the stuffed head in...

"You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas".
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide