Forum Stats
63665 Members
45 Forums
452737 Topics
6256040 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#7054318 - 01/26/18 05:29 PM Keep your eyes open for me.
JLP83 Offline
Pro Tracker

Loc: Aledo
As y'all know Timney released their 2 stage Tikka triggers a couple weeks ago. I ordered 3 of them when I found out. I live on a large piece of land and have a front gate with a cattleguard that UPS won't go through. Because of this I went online and requested both packages I had scheduled for delivery today to be held at their distribution center. They held one and dumped the other at my front gate and of course someone stole it. Still not sure if UPS will make things right or not.

Since these triggers were just released there shouldn't be many on the resale market so if anyone sees 3 of them pop up for sale somewhere I'd like to know about it. Thanks guys.

#7054358 - 01/26/18 06:09 PM Re: Keep your eyes open for me. [Re: JLP83]
Buzzsaw Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Frisco, Texas
up

#7054488 - 01/26/18 07:54 PM Re: Keep your eyes open for me. [Re: JLP83]
PKnTX Offline
Extreme Tracker

Loc: Collin County
Do they have serial numbers?

Lucero

#7054548 - 01/26/18 08:36 PM Re: Keep your eyes open for me. [Re: PKnTX]
JLP83 Offline
Pro Tracker

Originally Posted By: PKnTX
Do they have serial numbers?
No, I don't believe so. If by some crazy chance someone tries to resale 3 of them I'll let the sheriff department speak with them. Obviously it's doubtful that I could prove they are mine but maybe they'll uncover another can of worms that helps someone else. I don't really know what else to do.

#7054873 - 01/27/18 09:11 AM Re: Keep your eyes open for me. [Re: JLP83]
RiverRider Online   content
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Wise Co.
That sucks a whole box of dog turds. I would not ask, because it doesn't answer your question or assist in any way, but I searched "United Parcel Service will not cross cattle guard" and came up with nothing. Do you have any idea why? Is it a standard delivery policy, or what?? Or is it more about your gate?

I'm here to give and receive knowledge, not affirmation or adoration. If you don't like it, mierda dura. Intellectual honesty is not for fragile egos.

#7054876 - 01/27/18 09:13 AM Re: Keep your eyes open for me. [Re: JLP83]
duckhunter175 Offline
Bird Dog

Loc: DFW
I'll be at Mesquite gun show today and I'll keep an eye out!

#7054885 - 01/27/18 09:24 AM Re: Keep your eyes open for me. [Re: RiverRider]
bronco71 Offline
Bird Dog

Loc: N. Dallas/Sulphur Bluff
Originally Posted By: RiverRider
That sucks a whole box of dog turds. I would not ask, because it doesn't answer your question or assist in any way, but I searched "United Parcel Service will not cross cattle guard" and came up with nothing. Do you have any idea why? Is it a standard delivery policy, or what?? Or is it more about your gate?

Definitely NOT policy unless gate is locked or low overhead. I would report the driver! And I worked there 41 years....
Very easy to set up delivery plan online with UPS and info is linked to your address so any driver running the route will have the delivery information.

#7055033 - 01/27/18 11:46 AM Re: Keep your eyes open for me. [Re: JLP83]
Payne Online   shocked
THF Celebrity

Loc: South of I-10
That's not right, the ups/fed ex/usps drivers pass over two cattle guards to get to the truck tool box I converted to a package drop off. Good luck getting your triggers back.

#7055168 - 01/27/18 02:28 PM Re: Keep your eyes open for me. [Re: JLP83]
Tff caribou Offline
Extreme Tracker

Loc: Watauga, TX
You need to set up a locking container that they can use to leave stuff.

#7055330 - 01/27/18 05:54 PM Re: Keep your eyes open for me. [Re: JLP83]
Toxarch Offline
Pro Tracker

Loc: Parker County
That sucks. Hope they are caught.

I've got 'No Trespassing' and 'Beware of Dog' signs at my entrance. UPS delivers to the front door, which is what I want them to do. FedEx and USPS leave the package at the road, sometimes USPS will leave it on my truck.

ó Dwight D. Eisenhower

#7055413 - 01/27/18 07:13 PM Re: Keep your eyes open for me. [Re: bronco71]
JLP83 Offline
Pro Tracker

Originally Posted By: bronco71

Definitely NOT policy unless gate is locked or low overhead. I would report the driver! And I worked there 41 years....
Very easy to set up delivery plan online with UPS and info is linked to your address so any driver running the route will have the delivery information.
I'm not mad at the driver. I'm irritated that somehow my request to have the package held for me to pick up didn't process. I've given them the gate code before but they apparently don't want to use it. Fed Ex driver won't either.

#7055449 - 01/27/18 07:33 PM Re: Keep your eyes open for me. [Re: JLP83]
Vern1 Online   content
Veteran Tracker

Loc: Pettytown, TX, US of A
Closed gate is different.
Don't think they are supposed to go thru gate unless it's commercial property.
NRA Lifetime Member

#7055840 - 01/28/18 09:45 AM Re: Keep your eyes open for me. [Re: bronco71]
blackcoal Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: 60 Mi North of DFW

OP made arrangements with UPS, but they only held held one package. Maybe he should have been more specific. I have encountered similar delivery problems.

#7055844 - 01/28/18 09:51 AM Re: Keep your eyes open for me. [Re: blackcoal]
Tff caribou Offline
Extreme Tracker

Loc: Watauga, TX
Originally Posted By: blackcoal

OP made arrangements with UPS, but they only held held one package. Maybe he should have been more specific. I have encountered similar delivery problems.

How can you be more specific than donít drop my packages off.

#7055908 - 01/28/18 11:10 AM Re: Keep your eyes open for me. [Re: Tff caribou]
blackcoal Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: 60 Mi North of DFW
Originally Posted By: Tff caribou
Originally Posted By: blackcoal

How can you be more specific than donít drop my packages off.

I was being somewhat sarcastic, should have been more specific for you.. But maybe say "I am getting one package, or 3 packages of the same item from the same shipper" .. UPS held part, sent part to his house.
cheers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© 2004-2018 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide