Forum Stats
64165 Members
45 Forums
420157 Topics
6112498 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#7048407 - 01/22/18 09:59 AM Time to start prepping for next season while the weather is nice
SapperTitan Offline
Taking Requests

Loc: Killeen/Ft Hood, TX
Been out trimming and moving some stands this morning. Great weather to be outdoors. I always like scouting and trimming right after season when deer are hitting corn and protein hard and everything is dead or dormant and you can see what it will look like during season rather than trimming spring and summer just to find in the fall you should have cut more or left more. How about y’all?

I did build a cabin. Aka “the brokeback shack”.

#7048424 - 01/22/18 10:06 AM Re: Time to start prepping for next season while the weather is nice [Re: SapperTitan]
Jimbo1 Offline
Pro Tracker

Loc: Grand Prairie/ Moran, TX
Yep, I spent most of Saturday rebuilding a feeder pen due to cows breaching the cut down hog panels. Will work on another pen in the next couple of weeks. Probably repaint two blinds if the weather holds. I kinds enjoy working outside on this stuff since I'm cooped up in an office 5 days a week.

#7048432 - 01/22/18 10:09 AM Re: Time to start prepping for next season while the weather is nice [Re: SapperTitan]
onlysmith&wesson Offline
Pro Tracker

Loc: Lewisville/ Red River County
Exactly. No fun working on stands, feeders and shooting lanes while trying to not get dehydrated or snake bit.

#7048460 - 01/22/18 10:24 AM Re: Time to start prepping for next season while the weather is nice [Re: onlysmith&wesson]
Stevarino Online   content
Veteran Tracker

Loc: Mckinney, TX
Originally Posted By: onlysmith&wesson
Exactly. No fun working on stands, feeders and shooting lanes while trying to not get dehydrated or snake bit.

Yep, I try to get it all done now through end of May.. running a chainsaw in the summer is no Bueno..

#7048564 - 01/22/18 11:43 AM Re: Time to start prepping for next season while the weather is nice [Re: Stevarino]
onlysmith&wesson Offline
Pro Tracker

Loc: Lewisville/ Red River County
Waiting for a cool day in September may turn into October. Too late then.
Originally Posted By: Stevarino
Originally Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Yep, I try to get it all done now through end of May.. running a chainsaw in the summer is no Bueno..

#7048594 - 01/22/18 11:56 AM Re: Time to start prepping for next season while the weather is nice [Re: SapperTitan]
Mr. T. Offline
Veteran Tracker

Loc: Hunt in Cass County, live in T...
My main project is going to try to fix my deep deep ruts in the road. Got several and they are going to take some work. Not sure how I'm going to do it, but after it dries out I'm going to start giving it a try.

#7048607 - 01/22/18 12:08 PM Re: Time to start prepping for next season while the weather is nice [Re: Mr. T.]
SapperTitan Offline
Taking Requests

Originally Posted By: Mr. T.
My main project is going to try to fix my deep deep ruts in the road. Got several and they are going to take some work. Not sure how I'm going to do it, but after it dries out I'm going to start giving it a try.
maybe lay some quickcrete in the ruts still in the bags. After it rains they will turn rock solid and then cover with dirt or small rock. Have seen this done in deep Rita before .

#7048613 - 01/22/18 12:13 PM Re: Time to start prepping for next season while the weather is nice [Re: SapperTitan]
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Texas
Spring is fishing time. Will probably get to most of ours in the summer.

#7048643 - 01/22/18 12:50 PM Re: Time to start prepping for next season while the weather is nice [Re: SapperTitan]
Jimbo1 Offline
Pro Tracker

Loc: Grand Prairie/ Moran, TX
Originally Posted By: SapperTitan
maybe lay some quickcrete in the ruts still in the bags. After it rains they will turn rock solid and then cover with dirt or small rock. Have seen this done in deep Rita before .

That sounds like a good idea, I've got a couple of spots I'm going to try this on. Might do this under my pig feeder too. Looks like a small bomb crater.

#7048668 - 01/22/18 01:10 PM Re: Time to start prepping for next season while the weather is nice [Re: SapperTitan]
BassBuster1 Offline
Woodsman

Loc: Denton
I planned on filling feeders and doing some trimming after the morning duck hunt. What I ended up doing was recovering one of my feeders and finding all of the parts that the stupid pigs knocked over and spread all over creation. Got it all fixed including soldering the wires back into the solar panel. Ready to set it back up and get back to trimming and trail cutting!

#7048677 - 01/22/18 01:17 PM Re: Time to start prepping for next season while the weather is nice [Re: SapperTitan]
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Big D
When I trim mesquites now, they seem to grow back 3 feet shoots. Have to cut way back. Hopefully rainfall will just be normal.

#7048693 - 01/22/18 01:27 PM Re: Time to start prepping for next season while the weather is nice [Re: SapperTitan]
Sneaky Offline
The "Grouch"

Loc: Winters
Is that a stinkin’ Dodge?

#7048695 - 01/22/18 01:30 PM Re: Time to start prepping for next season while the weather is nice [Re: Sneaky]
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Texas
Originally Posted By: Sneaky

Judging by the body... its probably a RAM grin

#7048707 - 01/22/18 01:42 PM Re: Time to start prepping for next season while the weather is nice [Re: redchevy]
SapperTitan Offline
Taking Requests

Originally Posted By: redchevy
Originally Posted By: Sneaky

Judging by the body... its probably a RAM grin
yep

#7048717 - 01/22/18 01:49 PM Re: Time to start prepping for next season while the weather is nice [Re: SapperTitan]
Mr. T. Offline
Veteran Tracker

Loc: Hunt in Cass County, live in T...
Originally Posted By: SapperTitan

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm going to see where I can find about 100 bags the cheapest.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© 2004-2018 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide