Forum Stats
63661 Members
45 Forums
452632 Topics
6254231 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#7043896 - 01/18/18 08:22 PM Dividing up lease work...
sbushee Online   content
Pro Tracker

How do you guys divide up lease work? Iím talking cleaning around camp and making sure firewood is stacked. I proposed on our lease to divide it up between the 10 members where each person is responsible for a month. However, it was decided that all 10 should be there for one day to handle chores. Is it just me or does it make more sense to have it done by one person each month or to have 10 guys do it one month?

The day we have to be there is mandatory or we pay a fee. The point was made that the day just needs to be flexible as many of us work weekends or have families but those concerns fell on deaf ears.

This has caused a fairly good riff amongst us and I would just like to hear what others may have done to come to an understanding with other guys on their leases.

No right answer I know, but just curious.

#7043905 - 01/18/18 08:27 PM Re: Dividing up lease work... [Re: sbushee]
TurkeyHunter Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Bedford, TX
How about 3 times per year?

Each person has to attend once. Make the dates in advance and rain-out alt date.

#7043907 - 01/18/18 08:27 PM Re: Dividing up lease work... [Re: sbushee]
SapperTitan Online   content
Taking Requests

Loc: Killeen/Ft Hood, TX
On leases Iíve visited everyone cleans their own crap up and everyone has their own firewood. No community chores.

#7043921 - 01/18/18 08:33 PM Re: Dividing up lease work... [Re: SapperTitan]
KeyLymePie Offline
Outdoorsman

Originally Posted By: SapperTitan
On leases Iíve visited everyone cleans their own crap up and everyone has their own firewood. No community chores.

This seems like the reasonable approach. Unless everyone on the lease is close friends and/or family trying to to things communally seems like it would just lead to nothing but headaches and drama.

#7043924 - 01/18/18 08:34 PM Re: Dividing up lease work... [Re: sbushee]
Txduckman Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Big D
What do you have to clean up around camp? I mow ours in June for everyone which takes one hour and a few beers. We don't leave or take crap there to clean up. Firewood, I keep my own secret stash away from camp in case we run out. Otherwise we just load a pickup full when needed out in the woods and have a big pile. up What else is there to do besides maintain feeders?

#7043933 - 01/18/18 08:42 PM Re: Dividing up lease work... [Re: KeyLymePie]
SapperTitan Online   content
Taking Requests

Loc: Killeen/Ft Hood, TX
Originally Posted By: KeyLymePie
Originally Posted By: SapperTitan

This seems like the reasonable approach. Unless everyone on the lease is close friends and/or family trying to to things communally seems like it would just lead to nothing but headaches and drama.
exactly. Sounds to me like a couple lazy guys want others to pitch in and do their chores for them. If I was on a lease and someone ask me for help Iíd help them but I would not want to be contractually obligated to help someone I may not want to deal with or like.

#7043952 - 01/18/18 08:52 PM Re: Dividing up lease work... [Re: sbushee]
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Bexar/Gillespie, hunt Terrell
Originally Posted By: sbushee
The day we have to be there is mandatory or we pay a fee.

No way in hell I'd be on this lease. 'Don't need to shoot a deer that bad.

I pull more than my own weight on our lease. No camp rules. Nothing is mandatory.

Looked at a lease a lease a few years ago. The printed procedure for the last one out of the cabin each time was two type written pages. Little Napoleans everywhere.
...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28

#7043972 - 01/18/18 09:02 PM Re: Dividing up lease work... [Re: sbushee]
rexmitchell Online   content
Veteran Tracker

We have an unspoken rule, seems to work. If itís broken, fix it. If you make a mess clean it up. If you need to use something that isnít yours, replace it. Seems that almost everyone has to deal with their share of each and weíve had no problems.

#7044036 - 01/18/18 09:35 PM Re: Dividing up lease work... [Re: sbushee]
dogcatcher Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Abilene or on the road...
We just tale care of whatever we see that needs taking acre of.

#7044085 - 01/18/18 10:15 PM Re: Dividing up lease work... [Re: sbushee]
D6Ranch Offline
Bird Dog

Loc: San Saba
There is only two of us plus the landowner and we've been friends for years so it's easy for us. We simply do what needs to be done like men. I probably do a little more of the housekeeping, cleaning around camp and firewood gathering because I'm there the most. The other guys have way more money than I do so they throw more money into the place. It all works out.

I do need to chew someone out for always leaving coffee grounds in the coffee maker and it gets moldy. sick

I think on a big lease anyone freeloading or not helping out could just be asked to leave. I have to deal with laziness enough at work I don't want to deal with it during my free time.

#7044114 - 01/18/18 10:48 PM Re: Dividing up lease work... [Re: sbushee]
Dalee7892 Online   content
Veteran Tracker

Loc: Denton County
I was on lease with seven guys. We all helped in chores. Not everybody was there at the same time. Before leave camp pick up trash take trash with you, you burn firewood replace it, clean up after yourself, if repairs needed on camp house we all pitched in on a specific weekend if major repairs, someone always helped others since two guys was in late 60's.
What's the problem?

#7044155 - 01/19/18 12:01 AM Re: Dividing up lease work... [Re: D6Ranch]
Txduckman Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Big D
Originally Posted By: D6Ranch
I do need to chew someone out for always leaving coffee grounds in the coffee maker and it gets moldy. sick

I just let that one slide since my buddy spent the $15K on our cabin and bringing water to camp. grin

#7044231 - 01/19/18 06:30 AM Re: Dividing up lease work... [Re: Txduckman]
Stub Online   happy
THF Celebrity

Loc: The Outer Limits
Originally Posted By: Txduckman
Originally Posted By: D6Ranch

I just let that one slide since my buddy spent the $15K on our cabin and bringing water to camp. grin

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sounds like a fair trade off up

I bet every group of hunters on a lease has different dynamics, such as a lot of guys all staying in a cabin versus each having their own trailer or other accommodations.

I could see potential issues with a large group staying in a common building, some people are pigs, some neat freaks other middle of the road.
Guess it all boils down to having like minded folks on the lease cheers

Edited by Stub (01/19/18 06:49 AM)

#7044250 - 01/19/18 06:56 AM Re: Dividing up lease work... [Re: Txduckman]
Texas Dan Offline
THF Celebrity

Originally Posted By: Txduckman
What do you have to clean up around camp? I mow ours in June for everyone which takes one hour and a few beers. We don't leave or take crap there to clean up. Firewood, I keep my own secret stash away from camp in case we run out. Otherwise we just load a pickup full when needed out in the woods and have a big pile. up What else is there to do besides maintain feeders?

I was on a lease once where the guy who ran it used it to store old construction materials that his wife wouldn't let him store at home. Needless to say, it soon looked a dump.

Spring, Texas

#7044254 - 01/19/18 07:00 AM Re: Dividing up lease work... [Re: Dalee7892]
Texas Dan Offline
THF Celebrity

Originally Posted By: Dalee7892
I was on lease with seven guys. We all helped in chores. Not everybody was there at the same time. Before leave camp pick up trash take trash with you, you burn firewood replace it, clean up after yourself, if repairs needed on camp house we all pitched in on a specific weekend if major repairs, someone always helped others since two guys was in late 60's.
What's the problem?

Which is why getting on a "good" lease can be difficult. When things work as they should, existing members hold their spots forever while not being very open to newcomers who may not share the same opinions and attitudes.

Spring, Texas

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

© 2004-2018 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide