Page 1 of 2 1 2
Dang Duck Hunters ... #7030173 01/08/18 11:09 PM
S
Stub Online Happy OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
There a bunch of Quacks hammer They need to have a seperate season away from deer season nidea
To many mornings and evenings they blast away at pretty much whatever flies their way. Do you think they ever go/say I passed that one up for its to young or I am going to cull that one out because if bad genetics. Nooh they just sit there and blast away and spook the deer!

Shoot make their season February through summer, water and weather will be warmer for them and their dogs stir bolt

Last edited by Stub; 01/08/18 11:11 PM.

texas flag

Re: Dang Duck Hunters ... [Re: Stub] #7030190 01/08/18 11:19 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
clap

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Dang Duck Hunters ... [Re: Stub] #7030204 01/08/18 11:29 PM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
If duck hunters are spooking ur deer, maybe you shouldn’t get out of the duck blind and hunt over a deer feeder in the pasture up

Seriously, every time I hunt I hear them blasting away 10-15 minutes before legal time. Fortunately I think the deer on my place just don’t care. Nor do they seem to care about dogs barking, donkeys beying, tractors humming or many of the other myriad noises I hear almost every time I hunt bang

Last edited by Texas buckeye; 01/08/18 11:29 PM.
Re: Dang Duck Hunters ... [Re: Stub] #7030210 01/08/18 11:33 PM
T
TEXASLEFTY Online Content
THF Whiskey Sommelier
Online Content
THF Whiskey Sommelier
T
That's my only gripe also, shooting early and late. Most of the Duck hunters I am friends with are pretty selective about the Ducks they take.....

Originally Posted by Chunky Monkey
Never been to a camping world. I prefer Dick's to be honest.
Re: Dang Duck Hunters ... [Re: Stub] #7030364 01/09/18 12:51 AM
S
Slow Drifter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
I guess some duck club dug a new pond near my place. I've been there 20 years and this was the first year i heard sky blasting going on. Then, for the next 10 minutes, we got to listen to them finishing off cripples.

"I have no idea what WW-III will be fought with, but WW-IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

A. Einstein

Re: Dang Duck Hunters ... [Re: Stub] #7030547 01/09/18 02:44 AM
S
Stub Online Happy OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Those dang Duck hunters obviously spooked a bunch of young bucks off their property on to where I am at hammer
Those youngsters ran off all of my high class girls rofl

texas flag

Re: Dang Duck Hunters ... [Re: Stub] #7031136 01/09/18 03:04 PM
M
mdryg1970 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
M
I do both and unless they are sitting on your property, duck hunting has very little to do with bothering deer. Stub, you are just upset that the shots wake you from your slumber. wink My son and I were duck hunting and had just shot when this swam through my decoys 5 minutes after a shot. At one point he walked 5 yards from the boat belly deep in water.

"Hell with them fellas. Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms."
Re: Dang Duck Hunters ... [Re: Stub] #7031288 01/09/18 04:27 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I like duck and deer season overlapping. It keeps the deer hunters that also duck hunt after they tag out off public lakes for a while.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: Dang Duck Hunters ... [Re: Slow Drifter] #7031309 01/09/18 04:50 PM
H
HoldPoint Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
Originally Posted By: Slow Drifter
I guess some duck club dug a new pond near my place. I've been there 20 years and this was the first year i heard sky blasting going on. Then, for the next 10 minutes, we got to listen to them finishing off cripples.

lol - impressive you can tell the difference between sky blasting and finishing cripples at a distance. Your mojo is strong....

Re: Dang Duck Hunters ... [Re: Stub] #7031312 01/09/18 04:52 PM
H
HoldPoint Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
Originally Posted By: Stub
There a bunch of Quacks hammer They need to have a seperate season away from deer season nidea
To many mornings and evenings they blast away at pretty much whatever flies their way. Do you think they ever go/say I passed that one up for its to young or I am going to cull that one out because if bad genetics. Nooh they just sit there and blast away and spook the deer!

Shoot make their season February through summer, water and weather will be warmer for them and their dogs stir bolt

The guys south of me are big duck hunters, listen to them almost every time I'm out. It affects my hunting zero.....

Re: Dang Duck Hunters ... [Re: Stub] #7031320 01/09/18 04:57 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D

Hey if you need an excuse as to why you couldn't get it done this year. We will gladly carry the load.

Re: Dang Duck Hunters ... [Re: HoldPoint] #7031670 01/09/18 09:06 PM
S
Slow Drifter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted By: HoldPoint
Originally Posted By: Slow Drifter

lol - impressive you can tell the difference between sky blasting and finishing cripples at a distance. Your mojo is strong....

Just a guess, really, and they didn't bother us much. My guess is based on the initial volley of fire, then about 10 minutes of silence, then sporadic single shots.

"I have no idea what WW-III will be fought with, but WW-IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

A. Einstein

Re: Dang Duck Hunters ... [Re: ducknbass] #7031829 01/09/18 11:04 PM
S
Stub Online Happy OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: ducknbass

Hey if you need an excuse as to why you couldn't get it done this year. We will gladly carry the load.

roflmao

You Duck Hunters are almost as bad as the Bass Fishermen that were fishing the pond next door to me.
They were using a Buzz Bait that was so loud it spooked two trophy bucks off my plot right in front of me hammer rofl stir bolt

Last edited by Stub; 01/09/18 11:05 PM.

texas flag

Re: Dang Duck Hunters ... [Re: Stub] #7031862 01/09/18 11:32 PM
S
Stub Online Happy OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S

roflmao

You Duck Hunters are almost as bad as the Bass Fishermen that were fishing the pond next door to me.
They were using a Buzz Bait that was so loud it spooked two trophy bucks off my plot right in front of me hammer rofl stir bolt

These two sought refuge from the war zone and actually landed in my food plot this morning. What kind of ducks are they?

Last edited by Stub; 01/09/18 11:32 PM.

texas flag

Re: Dang Duck Hunters ... [Re: Stub] #7031882 01/09/18 11:42 PM
S
Stub Online Happy OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S

BTW before anyone gets their panties all wadded up, I am just having fun with this post. I really have no problem with Duck Hunters when they are Not Hunting up laugh

texas flag

Re: Dang Duck Hunters ... [Re: Stub] #7031991 01/10/18 12:50 AM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D

roflmao

Bass eat better than ducks though.

Re: Dang Duck Hunters ... [Re: Stub] #7032731 01/10/18 03:42 PM
B
bigorosco Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
B

roflmao

These two sought refuge from the war zone and actually landed in my food plot this morning. What kind of ducks are they?

Mallards

Re: Dang Duck Hunters ... [Re: Stub] #7033702 01/11/18 02:34 AM
J
JRR Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
J
Spot we duck hunt in Oklahoma we have deer come through right after we've shot, we've actually been amazed about how little they paid attention to us. I'm talking just a few minutes after we've shot so they were close by and walking through like they didn't have a care in the world, has happened a couple times.

Re: Dang Duck Hunters ... [Re: Stub] #7033730 01/11/18 02:54 AM
B
bigjoe8565 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
B
I hear quail and duck hunters all the time. The deer on are place pay no mind. I had someone on a neighboring property doing some target shooting (100 rounds or so) and the deer still showed up.

Re: Dang Duck Hunters ... [Re: Stub] #7034098 01/11/18 02:46 PM
S
Stub Online Happy OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
I bet a lot of it depends upon many factors. Small acreage versus big, how close are the hunters duck & deer, when do these areas start getting pressure etc.

Common sense would rationalize with bigger tracts of land and hunters further away the impact is probably nill versus a lot of hunters on small acreage real close. In my scenario the lots are small and there are a 3 deer hunters on the 160 acres where I am at, I am on the east 80. To the west of those two on 40 acres there can be one or two deer and duck hunters and on the 80 acres west of them are serious duck hunters that have way to much fun, surprising how loud those I guess 3 1/2" magnum shells are?

It has spooked deer off where I am at while hunting.

Like I said earlier, just razzing the Quack Hunters up

Last edited by Stub; 01/11/18 06:44 PM.

texas flag

Re: Dang Duck Hunters ... [Re: Stub] #7034457 01/11/18 06:34 PM
M
mdryg1970 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
M
Lol, it’s a mallard hen. No worries here Stub. I have always hunted both.

"Hell with them fellas. Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms."
Re: Dang Duck Hunters ... [Re: Stub] #7036460 01/13/18 04:32 AM
P
Pintail711 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
P
Trust me, I wish the season ran from December to the end of February too.

Re: Dang Duck Hunters ... [Re: Stub] #7036778 01/13/18 05:05 PM
Curtis Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Feel the same way about dove hunters during archery season.

Double Arrow Bow Hunting
www.doublearrowbowhunting.com
Bow hunters welcome!
Whitetail-Axis-Blackbuck-Fallow-Barasingha-Scimitar Oryx
Located in Gonzales County.
Visit our Facebook page for current updates!

Re: Dang Duck Hunters ... [Re: Stub] #7036998 01/13/18 09:22 PM
Q
QMC SW/EXW Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Q
Shoot make their season February through summer,

Not gonna happen. Waterfowl seasons are dictated by the FEDs. Besides, you have no more right to hunt on any given day than the duck hunters do. They also bought a license didn't they? I've shot a number of deer when duck hunters were shooting near by. Didn't seem to bother the deer near as much as my bullet from my 9.3x62 mauser did when it hit them.

Just sayin. elmer

Retired Navy Chief
NJROTC Instructor for Tascosa High School
Re: Dang Duck Hunters ... [Re: QMC SW/EXW] #7037096 01/13/18 10:39 PM
S
Stub Online Happy OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: QMC(SW/EXW)
Shoot make their season February through summer,

Not gonna happen. Waterfowl seasons are dictated by the FEDs. Besides, you have no more right to hunt on any given day than the duck hunters do. They also bought a license didn't they? I've shot a number of deer when duck hunters were shooting near by. Didn't seem to bother the deer near as much as my bullet from my 9.3x62 mauser did when it hit them.

Just sayin. elmer

I hear ya, as I mentioned before just giving them a hard time.
I have zero problem with anyone hunting legally and ethically!
May not agree with everything but it is what it is.
Now go kill Daffy up

texas flag

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide