Main Menu
Newest Members
Marlboroman71818, LADD3, Karl, the Greatest, Leonard Blackburn, TXSportsman82
63600 Registered Users
Top Posters
dogcatcher 87044
stxranchman 52562
bill oxner 46166
RWH24 44568
rifleman 44356
BOBO the Clown 43467
BMD 40835
Big Orn 37484
txshntr 35148
SnakeWrangler 34887
Forum Stats
63600 Members
45 Forums
451184 Topics
6234317 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Topic Options
#7030795 - 01/08/18 10:42 PM Rules for foreign nationals
HS2 Offline

Registered: 06/26/14
Posts: 238
I should know the answer to this, but I don't.....

I have a friend from another country that might come to Texas this summer. What is the rules for foreigners in hog hunts? Can we buy my friend and his son a guided hunt for a day or two?


#7030810 - 01/08/18 10:47 PM Re: Rules for foreign nationals [Re: HS2]
SapperTitan Offline
Taking Requests

Registered: 11/17/10
Posts: 24923
Loc: Killeen/Ft Hood, TX
They will need a hunting license regardless. I don't see why they couldn't get a short term hunting license just for that hunt. I think you can get like a 5 day license or something like that.

Edited by SapperTitan (01/08/18 10:48 PM)
If you have IG or FB go give me a follow at TexasKillingFields

#7031055 - 01/09/18 08:12 AM Re: Rules for foreign nationals [Re: HS2]
VAFish Offline
Bird Dog

Registered: 02/09/15
Posts: 327
Loc: Fairfax, VA
There are restrictions on them bringing a firearm into the country, and there are restrictions on them buying firearms, but I'm pretty sure borrowing a gun for a hunt is legal. And as ST said they will need to buy a hunting license, I also think they still need a hunter safety course.
"If your plan is for one year, plant rice.
If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."
-- Confucius

#7031357 - 01/09/18 11:24 AM Re: Rules for foreign nationals [Re: HS2]
der Teufel Offline
Pro Tracker

Registered: 11/16/11
Posts: 1202
Loc: Central Texas
I think a person can still purchase a one-time deferral for the hunter safety course.

Every hunter (including out-of-state hunters) born on or after Sept. 2, 1971, must successfully complete a Hunter Education Training Course. Proof of certification or deferral is required to be on your person while hunting. Minimum age of certification is 9 years and cost is $15.

If you were born on or after Sept. 2, 1971, and you are:

under 9 years of age, you must be accompanied. (*See definition of accompanied.)
age 9 through 16, you must successfully complete a hunter education course or be accompanied.
age 17 and over, you must successfully complete a hunter education course; or purchase a "Hunter Education Deferra" and be accompanied.
You can never have too much ammo — unless you're swimming.


© 2004-2018 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide