Forum Stats
63900 Members
45 Forums
419161 Topics
6074689 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#7030173 - 01/08/18 05:09 PM Dang Duck Hunters ...
Stub Online   happy
THF Celebrity

Loc: The Outer Limits
There a bunch of Quacks hammer They need to have a seperate season away from deer season nidea
To many mornings and evenings they blast away at pretty much whatever flies their way. Do you think they ever go/say I passed that one up for its to young or I am going to cull that one out because if bad genetics. Nooh they just sit there and blast away and spook the deer!

Shoot make their season February through summer, water and weather will be warmer for them and their dogs stir bolt

Edited by Stub (01/08/18 05:11 PM)

#7030190 - 01/08/18 05:19 PM Re: Dang Duck Hunters ... [Re: Stub]
dogcatcher Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Abilene or on the road...
clap

#7030204 - 01/08/18 05:29 PM Re: Dang Duck Hunters ... [Re: Stub]
Texas buckeye Offline
Extreme Tracker

Loc: Keller
If duck hunters are spooking ur deer, maybe you shouldn’t get out of the duck blind and hunt over a deer feeder in the pasture up

Seriously, every time I hunt I hear them blasting away 10-15 minutes before legal time. Fortunately I think the deer on my place just don’t care. Nor do they seem to care about dogs barking, donkeys beying, tractors humming or many of the other myriad noises I hear almost every time I hunt bang

Edited by Texas buckeye (01/08/18 05:29 PM)

#7030210 - 01/08/18 05:33 PM Re: Dang Duck Hunters ... [Re: Stub]
TEXASLEFTY Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: The Island Cres
That's my only gripe also, shooting early and late. Most of the Duck hunters I am friends with are pretty selective about the Ducks they take.....

#7030364 - 01/08/18 06:51 PM Re: Dang Duck Hunters ... [Re: Stub]
Slow Drifter Offline

Loc: Central Texas
I guess some duck club dug a new pond near my place. I've been there 20 years and this was the first year i heard sky blasting going on. Then, for the next 10 minutes, we got to listen to them finishing off cripples.

A. Einstein

#7030547 - 01/08/18 08:44 PM Re: Dang Duck Hunters ... [Re: Stub]
Stub Online   happy
THF Celebrity

Those dang Duck hunters obviously spooked a bunch of young bucks off their property on to where I am at hammer
Those youngsters ran off all of my high class girls rofl

#7031136 - 01/09/18 09:04 AM Re: Dang Duck Hunters ... [Re: Stub]
mdryg1970 Offline
Woodsman

Loc: Fort Worth
I do both and unless they are sitting on your property, duck hunting has very little to do with bothering deer. Stub, you are just upset that the shots wake you from your slumber. wink My son and I were duck hunting and had just shot when this swam through my decoys 5 minutes after a shot. At one point he walked 5 yards from the boat belly deep in water.

#7031288 - 01/09/18 10:27 AM Re: Dang Duck Hunters ... [Re: Stub]
Duck_Hunter Online   content
THF Trophy Hunter

I like duck and deer season overlapping. It keeps the deer hunters that also duck hunt after they tag out off public lakes for a while.

#7031309 - 01/09/18 10:50 AM Re: Dang Duck Hunters ... [Re: Slow Drifter]
HoldPoint Online   content

Loc: Plano, TX
Originally Posted By: Slow Drifter
I guess some duck club dug a new pond near my place. I've been there 20 years and this was the first year i heard sky blasting going on. Then, for the next 10 minutes, we got to listen to them finishing off cripples.

lol - impressive you can tell the difference between sky blasting and finishing cripples at a distance. Your mojo is strong....

#7031312 - 01/09/18 10:52 AM Re: Dang Duck Hunters ... [Re: Stub]
HoldPoint Online   content

Loc: Plano, TX
Originally Posted By: Stub
There a bunch of Quacks hammer They need to have a seperate season away from deer season nidea
To many mornings and evenings they blast away at pretty much whatever flies their way. Do you think they ever go/say I passed that one up for its to young or I am going to cull that one out because if bad genetics. Nooh they just sit there and blast away and spook the deer!

Shoot make their season February through summer, water and weather will be warmer for them and their dogs stir bolt

The guys south of me are big duck hunters, listen to them almost every time I'm out. It affects my hunting zero.....

#7031320 - 01/09/18 10:57 AM Re: Dang Duck Hunters ... [Re: Stub]
ducknbass Online   content
THF Trophy Hunter

Hey if you need an excuse as to why you couldn't get it done this year. We will gladly carry the load.

#7031670 - 01/09/18 03:06 PM Re: Dang Duck Hunters ... [Re: HoldPoint]
Slow Drifter Offline

Loc: Central Texas
Originally Posted By: HoldPoint
Originally Posted By: Slow Drifter

lol - impressive you can tell the difference between sky blasting and finishing cripples at a distance. Your mojo is strong....

Just a guess, really, and they didn't bother us much. My guess is based on the initial volley of fire, then about 10 minutes of silence, then sporadic single shots.

A. Einstein

#7031829 - 01/09/18 05:04 PM Re: Dang Duck Hunters ... [Re: ducknbass]
Stub Online   happy
THF Celebrity

Originally Posted By: ducknbass

Hey if you need an excuse as to why you couldn't get it done this year. We will gladly carry the load.

roflmao

You Duck Hunters are almost as bad as the Bass Fishermen that were fishing the pond next door to me.
They were using a Buzz Bait that was so loud it spooked two trophy bucks off my plot right in front of me hammer rofl stir bolt

Edited by Stub (01/09/18 05:05 PM)

#7031862 - 01/09/18 05:32 PM Re: Dang Duck Hunters ... [Re: Stub]
Stub Online   happy
THF Celebrity

Originally Posted By: ducknbass

roflmao

You Duck Hunters are almost as bad as the Bass Fishermen that were fishing the pond next door to me.
They were using a Buzz Bait that was so loud it spooked two trophy bucks off my plot right in front of me hammer rofl stir bolt

These two sought refuge from the war zone and actually landed in my food plot this morning. What kind of ducks are they?

Edited by Stub (01/09/18 05:32 PM)

#7031882 - 01/09/18 05:42 PM Re: Dang Duck Hunters ... [Re: Stub]
Stub Online   happy
THF Celebrity

BTW before anyone gets their panties all wadded up, I am just having fun with this post. I really have no problem with Duck Hunters when they are Not Hunting up laugh

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© 2004-2018 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide