Print Thread
ATN X-Sight II 3x14 #7019766 01/01/18 04:27 PM
A
Aggieman775 Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
A
I have been looking at this scope for a long time now, and thinking about closing the deal. This is for those of you that have one what’s your opinion on it? Do you like it? Does it actually work as well as everyone says? I’m not looking for this scope vs that scope. This is strictly just this scope.

Last edited by Aggieman775; 01/01/18 04:30 PM.

TSmith
Re: ATN X-Sight II 3x14 [Re: Aggieman775] #7019774 01/01/18 04:31 PM
syncerus Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
I would wait for general availability of the newly released Photon RT, myself. You've waited this long so another month or so shouldn't be a big deal.

NRA Patriot Benefactor & DSC Lifer
Re: ATN X-Sight II 3x14 [Re: syncerus] #7019787 01/01/18 04:36 PM
A
Aggieman775 Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
A
Originally Posted By: syncerus
I would wait for general availability of the newly released Photon RT, myself. You've waited this long so another month or so shouldn't be a big deal.

It does look nice but why I like the x sight is because Its also a daytime scope

TSmith
Re: ATN X-Sight II 3x14 [Re: Aggieman775] #7020172 01/01/18 08:49 PM
syncerus Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
The RT is supposed to be much better than the XT for daytime use, if you can trust the reviews coming out of the UK.

NRA Patriot Benefactor & DSC Lifer
Re: ATN X-Sight II 3x14 [Re: Aggieman775] #7020291 01/01/18 10:04 PM
E
Eyesofahunter Offline
Tracker
Tracker
E
I have an original X and have helped a friend get an X II running. A word of warning, if you are easily frustrated this might not be the scope for you. If you enter with the mind set of I am willing to tinker with settings to tune it you should have a good result. Do not rely on ANT for support or info Google is a much better source or a current owner.
If you hunt heavy cover all the time the IR will wash out the image making shots more difficult, that is one thing I have been unable to find a good solution for.

If you take the plunge feel free to PM me with questions. I did upgrade to a better IR light FYI

Re: ATN X-Sight II 3x14 [Re: Aggieman775] #7020942 01/02/18 04:06 AM
llbts1 Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
Santa brought me one. So far I like it. Read the instructions, get on the ATN forum. There is a lot of good information there. Seems like it can be very picky, meaning you have steps to do and you need to do them in particular order. I have not had it out in the field yet, but am very impressed with the technology. I do like tech things so this scope really intrigued me.
I debated on the new Sightmark scope, but nobody seems to be sure when it will be released in the US.

Re: ATN X-Sight II 3x14 [Re: Aggieman775] #7020995 01/02/18 05:12 AM
Outdoor Legacy Offline
Tracker
Tracker
You said it's strictly this scope, so I'll follow your rules and not offer any other suggestions.

My honest thoughts on the X-Sight II is that it's a good scope with an absolute ton of features. It has some strong points and it has some weak points. The strong points are, video recording, digital zoom and full color during the daylight. The weak points are, there can be some annoying lag on video display, it needs a lot of IR light to get a really good image quality at night, with all the features and buttons there is a serious learning curve for learning it and last and most important, ATN's track record of customer service and warranty service are extremely lacking to say the least.

At the end of the day, if you need/want some of the features I mentioned and you are a techy savvy kind of guy who likes to play with stuff to figure it out, then it's a good scope and you'll very likely love it. If you are more of a "turn it on and go" kind of guy, who doesn't want to memorize by feel (in the dark) the location and function of the 6 buttons on the top of the scope and you don't want to have to navigate a lot of menus and options, you'd be better off staying away. Over the years of selling NV I've found that your personality is going to determine whether you will love or hate the X-Sight and I've talked to so many customers about it that I can pretty much pin-point which type of personality you have very quickly, just by asking some questions like the ones I mentioned above. I honestly believe that's a very effective method for determining if its for you or not.

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

Jason

Outdoor Legacy - Owner
The Late Night Vision Show - Co-Host
[Linked Image]
Night Vision, Thermal & Accessories
OutdoorLegacyGear.com
(877)350-1818

Re: ATN X-Sight II 3x14 [Re: Outdoor Legacy] #7021776 01/02/18 08:24 PM
V
VAFish Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
V
Originally Posted By: Outdoor Legacy Gear
You said it's strictly this scope, so I'll follow your rules and not offer any other suggestions.

My honest thoughts on the X-Sight II is that it's a good scope with an absolute ton of features. It has some strong points and it has some weak points. The strong points are, video recording, digital zoom and full color during the daylight. The weak points are, there can be some annoying lag on video display, it needs a lot of IR light to get a really good image quality at night, with all the features and buttons there is a serious learning curve for learning it and last and most important, ATN's track record of customer service and warranty service are extremely lacking to say the least.

At the end of the day, if you need/want some of the features I mentioned and you are a techy savvy kind of guy who likes to play with stuff to figure it out, then it's a good scope and you'll very likely love it. If you are more of a "turn it on and go" kind of guy, who doesn't want to memorize by feel (in the dark) the location and function of the 6 buttons on the top of the scope and you don't want to have to navigate a lot of menus and options, you'd be better off staying away. Over the years of selling NV I've found that your personality is going to determine whether you will love or hate the X-Sight and I've talked to so many customers about it that I can pretty much pin-point which type of personality you have very quickly, just by asking some questions like the ones I mentioned above. I honestly believe that's a very effective method for determining if its for you or not.

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

Jason

From our hog hunting group, I have an original X-Sight 5-20x, my one son has a X-Sight 3-14x, and my nephew has the X-Sight II 3-14x and the above is pretty spot on from my experience.

Now my other son has a Photon XT and a Sig Echo 1 thermal. If you aren't of the personality for the ATN X-Sight, and don't need to record all your shots, they are better options.

Last edited by VAFish; 01/02/18 08:24 PM.

"If your plan is for one year, plant rice.
If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."
-- Confucius
Re: ATN X-Sight II 3x14 [Re: Aggieman775] #7022093 01/02/18 11:44 PM
H
Happycrappie Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
H
Aggieman, PM sent

Last edited by Happycrappie; 01/02/18 11:45 PM.

Make a choice and go with it!
Re: ATN X-Sight II 3x14 [Re: Aggieman775] #7025177 01/04/18 11:40 PM
H
Happycrappie Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
H
Bump

Re: ATN X-Sight II 3x14 [Re: Aggieman775] #7025407 01/05/18 02:01 AM
M
mikei Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
I was one of the first to buy the original X-SIght, and I suffered through all the birthing pains associated with it. IMHO, ATN did a poor job in supporting the early releases of the Sight, but at some point in time I figured I'd better start looking at what this optic can do at the price point it is offered. For the money I have spent, this scope gives me a lot of features that are valuable to me, not the least of which is being able to have both a daytime and nighttime optic on my rifles that can record pictures and video of my hunts. With the right IR Illuminator, it's a decent 100 yard night scope. It's certainly not in the same class with thermal scopes, but it was never designed to compete with thermals. It's sort of a poor man's night scope. It comes down to what you, personally want to do with a night-time scope, and what you, personally can afford to invest in the "joy of night vision!" I hunted for years with a light on my rifle/shotgun; still do; and created major chaos amongst the night dwelling creatures in my hunting area. Figure out what you need/want, and what you can afford, and then go for it!

Re: ATN X-Sight II 3x14 [Re: Aggieman775] #7036134 01/12/18 11:08 PM
H
Happycrappie Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
H
Bump

Re: ATN X-Sight II 3x14 [Re: Aggieman775] #7036155 01/12/18 11:38 PM
M
Midwaytmm Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
Every time someone asks about ATN, it makes me sad inside....the new photon scope is coming out soon apparently, the folks in the know are already pushing it. Even if it isn’t any better performance wise , at least it’s backed up by a company that will fix/replace it.

Re: ATN X-Sight II 3x14 [Re: Aggieman775] #7037326 01/14/18 01:19 AM
H
HookEmHogs Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
H
If I weren't doing a lot of 50-75 yard shots, I would have gone with the Photon. 4.6x means a lot of scanning at night.
I have the X-Sight II 3-14x and have mixed feelings. For the price, it gets the job done but definitely has its issues and quirks (freezing, not recording shots, stuttering at certain settings, stiff focus knob, etc). I have learned to not push it too hard and not mess with it too much. Even with a nice IR, I would not recommend it for past 200 yards. The image quality just isn't there.
It's a good entry point and is helping me figure out what I want in my next scope.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide