The drumbeat is getting louder #7010944 12/25/17 03:35 PM
T
therancher Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
T
From our own ranks that is.

Take the time to read through the comments if you care to remain current on what the “anti hunting hunters” are raging about.

Seems it has now evolved WAY passed hatred for high fences. It’s now open season on food plots and all forms of “baiting”.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_f...d_comment_reply

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: therancher] #7011059 12/25/17 05:16 PM
Double Naught Spy Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Just another version of "If you don't hunt the way I hunt for the reasons I hunt, you're doing it wrong" and "My respect for the animals I kill is better than your respect for the animals you kill."

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: Double Naught Spy] #7011063 12/25/17 05:21 PM
syncerus Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted By: Double Naught Spy
Just another version of "If you don't hunt the way I hunt for the reasons I hunt, you're doing it wrong" and "My respect for the animals I kill is better than your respect for the animals you kill."

I couldn't have summarized this more elegantly. At the end of the day, as long as you stay legal, you should have the right to hunt the way that you choose.

NRA Patriot Benefactor & DSC Lifer
Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: therancher] #7011069 12/25/17 05:24 PM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Kendall Jones is an idiot.

I think that poachers, & dumb redneck "hunters" (to use that term very liberally) do more to turn off non hunting people than HF ever did. Shooting or chasing deer on their neighbors place, tearing up roads, throwing out trash & beer cans, dumping carcasses on county/public roads, trashing up highway parks with lease trash & empty corn sacks; people see that every week, at least during season (& some out of season).

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: syncerus] #7011071 12/25/17 05:26 PM
T
therancher Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Yep. The surprising thing to me was the level of and quantity of hate for food plots. Most of our "anti your way of hunting" on the thf don't consider food plots as the death of hunting as we know it...

Also, I was amused at the hatred for high fenced and baiting she fomented with her post, while she is high fenced and baits... poor little girl doesn't understand denigrating one methods draws denigration for many of her chosen methods.

Last edited by therancher; 12/25/17 05:28 PM.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: therancher] #7011135 12/25/17 06:16 PM
S
sprigsss Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Some of those bucks are insane. Its a bit different than enclosing them, feeding them and allowing them to mature.

But if someone wants to raise livestock and then kill them or allow someone else to kill them for a fee, why should I care?

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: therancher] #7011150 12/25/17 06:34 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
If the left can reduce or eliminate hunting for most people then they have one more reason to go after your guns... soap

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: sprigsss] #7011190 12/25/17 07:45 PM
T
therancher Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: sprigsss
Some of those bucks are insane. Its a bit different than enclosing them, feeding them and allowing them to mature.

But if someone wants to raise livestock and then kill them or allow someone else to kill them for a fee, why should I care?

Exactly

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: therancher] #7011258 12/25/17 09:51 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
popcorn

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: sprigsss] #7011535 12/26/17 03:16 AM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

X2 as long as it gets eaten who cares

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: BOBO the Clown] #7011705 12/26/17 01:12 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Agree up

texas flag

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: therancher] #7011707 12/26/17 01:19 PM
B
Buck25-06 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
Just hunt by state law I think Texas is good for long time.

I know allot about everything-Everything about nothing!!!!
Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: Buck25-06] #7011894 12/26/17 04:07 PM
T
therancher Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
T
The buck in the pic isn’t what piqued my interest. The market for deer like that is shrinking and I’ve never been interested in those either.

What interests me is the amount of baiting, food plot hate that was spewed in the comments.

Last edited by therancher; 12/26/17 04:08 PM.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: therancher] #7011961 12/26/17 04:50 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: therancher
The buck in the pic isn’t what piqued my interest. The market for deer like that is shrinking and I’ve never been interested in those either.

What interests me is the amount of baiting, food plot hate that was spewed in the comments.

It shouldn’t be a surprise.

Seen it for years. I watched a dude get destroyed because he hunted public land New Zealand and took a helicopter in and out.

Same Ol same Ol hunters destroying hunters. Guided vs DIY, public vs private, spot and talk vs tree stand, water hole vs feed, OTC tag vs LO or high point tag.

It’s a justification system of why thier accomplishments are better then someone else’s.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: therancher] #7011968 12/26/17 04:55 PM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
There’s another thread going about hunters trying to tell another hunter on neighboring property how to set up their deer stands now...

Another example of “if it isn’t done the way I think it should be done, you are wrong”

Is this a tactic from the liberal playbook to get everyone disagreeing or in conflict with each other? Or is it a method the devil plays on all our minds to get us in conflict? Either way it sucks. If it is legal, why worry about it? Who cares if it isn’t your cup of tea, it might be someone else’s....

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: therancher] #7011983 12/26/17 05:05 PM
T
Texas Dan Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
As long as there are enough hunters out there who aren't just feeder watching and sharing their hunting knowledge with the next generation, I'm happy.

"Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons."
Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: therancher] #7011996 12/26/17 05:15 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
If it's legal, to each there own.

Too many hunters want to get up on their soap box and hear themselves lecture about their way or the highway........and at the end of the day what have they accomplished?

Nothing other than pissing other hunters off!

Dividing hunters instead of uniting them!

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #7012009 12/26/17 05:22 PM
T
Texas Dan Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

The division started when hunters started pushing for separate seasons so they would get an early jump on other hunters. Manufacturers and wildlife agencies smelt the new money and the rush was on. And it hasn't stopped since.

Offer just one single season to everyone and you might be surprised at how much division disappears in the hunting community.

Last edited by Texas Dan; 12/26/17 05:23 PM.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: Texas Dan] #7012020 12/26/17 05:28 PM
P
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: Texas Dan

The division started when hunters started pushing for separate seasons so they would get an early jump on other hunters. Manufacturers and wildlife agencies smelt the new money and the rush was on. And it hasn't stopped since.

Offer just one single season to everyone and you might be surprised at how much division disappears in the hunting community.

You can hunt those seasons if you want to so you have nothing to complain about.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #7012027 12/26/17 05:31 PM
T
Texas Dan Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T

You can hunt those seasons if you want to so you have nothing to complain about.

So if I hunt the way you hunt when you hunt, all is good.

You just proved how the division got started.

Last edited by Texas Dan; 12/26/17 05:34 PM.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: Stub] #7012029 12/26/17 05:33 PM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
Originally Posted By: Stub
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Agree up

Caveat: I don't "do" facebook, so unable to see more than the log in page entry, so just getting the "drift" from what you fellas have posted. Not sure I'd use facebook as a National 'bellwether" tho.

It has to be all about harvesting a resource using legal methods? Because I'd bet most reply'ers, use bird feeders, plant "stuff" that draws birds, butterflies and bees. What about "people" food plots and the many foods that come from other country's that may not produce fruits and veggies using safe methods (herbicides/pesticides)?

The list of arguments BOBO posted above I understand, but if it is legal, those arguments become differing opinions among outdoorsmen.

Take hunting out of the equation and IMO, they disagree about LO rights, the right to do on and with your property as you see prudent with in legal lines, but even then, you get arguments based on opinion.

I admit my thoughts may be different if I had a facebook acct and could force myself to read through it.

If at first you dont succeed, then skydiving is not for you..

"Don't trust everything you read on the Internet"- Abraham Lincoln

Dennis

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: Texas Dan] #7012031 12/26/17 05:34 PM
P
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P

So if I hunt the way you hunt, all is good.

You just proved how the division got started.

.....and I could say the exact same thing about your post. It's your choice not to hunt the way I do isn't it?

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: therancher] #7012045 12/26/17 05:46 PM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Again, is this divisiveness the product of living for several decades with the liberal agenda being shoved down our throats and thus adopting some of it to ourselves, or is the divisiveness a product of the ultimate deceiver, the ultimate evil one who is preying on our human nature and creating these rifts for the purpose of chaos and anger?

And then the question begets, does it matter (we know the final outcome) and are they both one in the same (just under a different name).... confused2

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: Texas buckeye] #7012048 12/26/17 05:54 PM
P
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: Texas buckeye
Again, is this divisiveness the product of living for several decades with the liberal agenda being shoved down our throats and thus adopting some of it to ourselves, or is the divisiveness a product of the ultimate deceiver, the ultimate evil one who is preying on our human nature and creating these rifts for the purpose of chaos and anger?

And then the question begets, does it matter (we know the final outcome) and are they both one in the same (just under a different name).... confused2

IMO, it's both. Liberals cry "not fair!" if anything exists that they want but cannot obtain through their own means and efforts. If it's not something they can have then none of us should have it.

The other influence you mention thrives and builds strength from hate, jealousy and coveting what others have.......social media is the perfect platform for this influence of evil.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #7012053 12/26/17 06:00 PM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
Originally Posted By: Texas buckeye

IMO, it's both. Liberals cry "not fair!" if anything exists that they want but cannot obtain through their own means and efforts. If it's not something they can have then none of us should have it.

The other influence you mention thrives and builds strength from hate, jealousy and coveting what others have.......social media is the perfect platform for this influence of evil.

Agree with Pitchfork and will add.
Some people live for division, it's easier than compromise, or working for a solution. I don't mean folks that just have a different opinion. Some people are wired that way for whatever reason and need everyone else bickering or as miserable as they see things from their porch.
You can have "division" within a group of 50 guys all at a car lot helping one pick a vehicle, but I'd call those heated opinions grin

If at first you dont succeed, then skydiving is not for you..

"Don't trust everything you read on the Internet"- Abraham Lincoln

Dennis

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide