Print Thread
Honey Creek SNA. #6890508 09/18/17 07:47 AM
P
pigplinker Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
P
Drew permits for 3 on this site. Does anybody have info on the hunt, and local sleep sites. banana

Re: Honey Creek SNA. [Re: pigplinker] #6890572 09/18/17 11:58 AM
W
WileyCoyote Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Never been to Honey Creek despite putting in for it regularly. My pard and I camped in his RV at the "mother ship" Guadalupe River SP nearby both times we were drawn, where you will check in at. I'm guessing Boerne is the closest motels, as there is nothing south or east but ever growing civilization.Might think about renting an RV to pull down there would be another idea.

No hard info on the WMA lay out, but I understand it's a long walk to some of the assigned blinds.
Ron

It is TIME for Term Limits, cause Politicians are like childrens diapers and for the same reasons...Robin Williams

"These are the times that try men's soul's"...Thomas Paine

"Those who fail to learn from History are doomed to repeat it" ....Santayana
Re: Honey Creek SNA. [Re: pigplinker] #6890774 09/18/17 02:29 PM
P
pigplinker Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
P
Thanks WileyCoyote. I looked at some hotels in the area, but they seemed pricey. I may look at taking my trailer to the SP. Looking forward to the hunt.

Re: Honey Creek SNA. [Re: pigplinker] #6891004 09/18/17 05:54 PM
W
WileyCoyote Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
If I had a trailer to camp in there is no doubt in my mind about taking it. You are about 10 minutes from the HEB Super Store in Bulverde, and some fast food places to eat at too at the corner of 46 & 281.

Nice improved campsites and bath house's in Guad Rvr SP too.
Ron

It is TIME for Term Limits, cause Politicians are like childrens diapers and for the same reasons...Robin Williams

Re: Honey Creek SNA. [Re: pigplinker] #6891440 09/19/17 12:12 AM
P
pigplinker Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
P
Thanks again WileyCoyote. I am looking at going to the lease in Hamilton Co. pick up the trailer then go down to the park. With 3 of us going it shouldn't take long to take down and set up.

Re: Honey Creek SNA. [Re: pigplinker] #6896328 09/23/17 02:42 PM
P
pigplinker Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
P
Made the reservations at Guadalupe SP for the hunt. Looking forward to the trip. Any others have insight on the hunt I would appreciate it.

Re: Honey Creek SNA. [Re: pigplinker] #6914054 10/09/17 04:09 PM
P
pigplinker Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
P
ttt

Re: Honey Creek SNA. [Re: pigplinker] #7002023 12/19/17 11:53 AM
P
pigplinker Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
P
Well the hunt was successful for us. The three of us (Son, SIL, and myself) were able to bag some animals at Honey Creek SNA. The staff were great and placed us all on a road of our own and allowed us to swap stands with each other if we wanted. The first evening I did my part of land conservation and shot a 200+ lb boar. We were allowed to leave them laying if they were out of the way. The next morning I was able to shot a young Sika buck. I took him out to clean about 10 am and then my SIL opted to go to my stand and I went to his. This was good because his stand was the first one we came to and mine was the last. That way when I came back to hunt after cleaning I just stopped at the first stand we had. I shot a spike out of his stand that evening. One of the staff took time to rib my SIL about moving out of the stand. Over all we took the one Sika, two WT bucks, and three hogs. We had a great time. I will try to load pics soon.

Re: Honey Creek SNA. [Re: pigplinker] #7003184 12/19/17 11:10 PM
W
WileyCoyote Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
..and a GREAT time was had by all from the sound of it...congrats and well done.

Mebbe ...Just MEBBE one of these days I can get drawn for HC SNA before I get too old to take advantage of the opportunity...and HC SNA has and will continue to be well worth a $3 App Fee anytime it is offered.
up
Ron

Re: Honey Creek SNA. [Re: WileyCoyote] #7008363 12/23/17 08:52 AM
P
pigplinker Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
P
Originally Posted By: WileyCoyote
..and a GREAT time was had by all from the sound of it...congrats and well done.

Mebbe ...Just MEBBE one of these days I can get drawn for HC SNA before I get too old to take advantage of the opportunity...and HC SNA has and will continue to be well worth a $3 App Fee anytime it is offered.
up
Ron

I will be putting in again also. We had a great time, and I liked the way they ran the hunt. You were not allowed to leave the stand until 10:00 and if you hunted the afternoon you had to be in your stand by 1500. That was done to keep people from running the roads and disturbing other. We went to hunt the whole day when we were allowed. They had us call in to a person at 1000-1030 and say then if we were hunting the afternoon, and then we called again at 1805-1830 to make sure everyone was out and if you would be hunting the next morning.

There were 2 no shows. Shame WileyCoyote you could have been with us.

Re: Honey Creek SNA. [Re: pigplinker] #7008991 12/23/17 08:43 PM
W
WileyCoyote Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Wow...story of my life these days for sure...I zig when I shoulda zagged ... and find out about the zig being the real deal later on...Been busy'er than a one legged paper hanger yadda yadda but NEXT YEAR i'm gonna wear out the phones keeping tabs on the No Shows...used to live with a Have Briefcase Will Travel lifestyle and traveled 33 states 50 weeks a year, and am working on getting back to the same Have Hunting Rifle Will Travel for Game Permits just like the Boy Scout Motto sez.

I LIKE the HC SNA and Guad Rvr SP, and always put in for them regardless...along with 2-3 other places ...and why I got double digit Loyalty Points in more one Category. Lightning DOES strike sometimes and I'm keeping the faith, just wish TPW would do the same for me even occasionaly.
Ron

Re: Honey Creek SNA. [Re: WileyCoyote] #7010759 12/25/17 10:33 AM
P
pigplinker Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
P
Originally Posted By: WileyCoyote
Wow...story of my life these days for sure...I zig when I shoulda zagged ... and find out about the zig being the real deal later on...Been busy'er than a one legged paper hanger yadda yadda but NEXT YEAR i'm gonna wear out the phones keeping tabs on the No Shows...used to live with a Have Briefcase Will Travel lifestyle and traveled 33 states 50 weeks a year, and am working on getting back to the same Have Hunting Rifle Will Travel for Game Permits just like the Boy Scout Motto sez.

I LIKE the HC SNA and Guad Rvr SP, and always put in for them regardless...along with 2-3 other places ...and why I got double digit Loyalty Points in more one Category. Lightning DOES strike sometimes and I'm keeping the faith, just wish TPW would do the same for me even occasionaly.
Ron

Wish you a better draw for next year. I have been lucky the last 2-3 years so I'm headed for a dry spell I'm sure.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide