THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie
Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator
Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator
[quote=Nogalus Prairie]I’m all for being in the same boat - but have no issue calling out the guys who are shooting holes in the bottom.

rolleyes

The whole point of social media is to share opinions. If someone doesn’t want to hear opinions they probably shouldn’t be sharing and/or starting threads giving their opinions on stuff. Or making videos and selling them. Or getting on TV. I’ll be _____ if I just let the clowns have control of 100% of the narrative. Laws change because attitudes change, not because quiet little mice go scurrying to their legislators.

.......and what have you accomplished with this approach other than pissing other hunters off?

PP why don’t you just chill? We’re doing fine here bud.

Merry Christmas. cheers

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Anti’s win [Re: BOBO the Clown] #7007290 12/22/17 05:16 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
And a Happy New Year!

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Anti’s win [Re: Western] #7007550 12/22/17 08:15 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: Western
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown
I think with the huge cultural change in the last say 100 years, it has now become about "presentation", how hunters and the industry present themselves. Just take a look at how a federal right (2nd amendment) has to be fought for, largely imo because of "presentation". The scary part Is all involved are unique, some have an attitude of "F'em, I'll throw a bloody deer over the hood for all to see, as I stop by the kids school to pick them up". Sure it's "legal", but do acts like that present our culture as reflected today?

Hard to use the old, " I hunt to feed my family" in a good debate, when you spend enough each year to buy 3-4 cows that we all know come from the deli pre wrapped.

Feed is unquie but open ended.

You going to say that an Idaho, New Mexico, Colorado Etc resident can’t feed his family economically via cow elk tags? Idaho resident elk tag is $30.75, youth is $16.50

Now add in the animal quality, health and responsibility factor. Prefect example take some of the hippie’s on THF that are anti GMO and anti grain fed and medicated beef.... they want happy grass fed, hormone free beef. We have Organic Grocery stores(I’m still at a loss of words about them but non the less they fit the hunting narrative.) (Disclaimer don’t mean hippie in a negative way, just pointing out their disdain for status quo)

General public wants to see utilization/consumption confirmed not heads. Joe Rogan has become a random hunting advocate, because of the way the non-hunting public sees his why’s. His social media perception is him carrying a skinned out moose leg, cooking venison on the grill, comparing backstrap size of different animals, describing trials and tribulations, not just a picture of a head.

Whole beef- 600-700lbs@ $3.50lb =$2100-2300... plus $390-495 for processing costs

150lbs of beef is more expensive then 150lb elk venison’s, especially on depredation tag/hunts

Im with you BOBO, but very few "have to hunt" to survive
And your cost analysis needs to consider if that is an out of stater which comes with accrued additional cost, vs like you said, resident tag.

I think it can be fairly well presented just from a sustainability/control angle. Just because a community bans a hunt, doesn't negate the problems from over abundance, Mountain Village outside Tellirude is a good example concerning B bears.

It is also a "sport", some like it, some don't, Im ok with that as long as they dont try to legislate me out of a legal activity. I don't care for soccer, but wouldn't want to ban it, well, maybe in FlowerMound roflmao

There is a big trend starting toward healthy meat. People are willing to pay a premium for grass fed red meat.

Met this kid at a bison conference. He and his wife were both vegans until their health started failing in their 20's. Researched and decided to try natural meats and turned their health around and started a company in Austin that they just sold to general mills.

He's now buying a 400 acre place outside of Stonewall to raise bison. One of his "products" will be to allow hipsters/hippies/reformed vegans/etc. to come kill and help process their own natural meat.

You watch his smoke. I've known this business model was a winner for years but just haven't had the energy to pursue it.

It is moving the mainstream youth one step further into the "hunting is good for food" direction. And guess what? They'll want the bison rug and skull for decorating their flat back in Austin.

https://epicbar.com/products.html

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Anti’s win [Re: BOBO the Clown] #7007553 12/22/17 08:17 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Well, that's all good to know. up

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Anti’s win [Re: therancher] #7007563 12/22/17 08:23 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
I've pretty much gone to supporting hunting with these points:

1. If you ask any of the animals I kill how they'd rather die, "at my hands with a gun or bow" or... starvation, disease, freezing, or being eaten alive by the less effective predators in the food chain? What do you think they'd prefer? That question alone separates those who will listen to logic from those who are driven by emotion. Note: the ones driven by emotion will never see the light.

2. I point out to vegans the undisputable fact that their diet requires the death of hundreds or thousands more animals annually than my diet.

3. I point out that the health benefits of wild game meat far outweigh my concern for any anti-hunters' feelings.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Anti’s win [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #7007568 12/22/17 08:27 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T

It is good to know. Because the prognosis for Texas' demographics is lousy with the new tax bill. The migration from states in the northeast and cali is going to be ramped up with the loss of property tax deductions. And it ain't like we don't already have enough migrants from those states.

I love that kid's attitude too. He gets in the face of his demographic and challenges them constantly.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Anti’s win [Re: therancher] #7007571 12/22/17 08:29 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content OP
kind of a big deal
OP Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: therancher
I think with the huge cultural change in the last say 100 years, it has now become about "presentation", how hunters and the industry present themselves. Just take a look at how a federal right (2nd amendment) has to be fought for, largely imo because of "presentation". The scary part Is all involved are unique, some have an attitude of "F'em, I'll throw a bloody deer over the hood for all to see, as I stop by the kids school to pick them up". Sure it's "legal", but do acts like that present our culture as reflected today?

Hard to use the old, " I hunt to feed my family" in a good debate, when you spend enough each year to buy 3-4 cows that we all know come from the deli pre wrapped.

Feed is unquie but open ended.

You going to say that an Idaho, New Mexico, Colorado Etc resident can’t feed his family economically via cow elk tags? Idaho resident elk tag is $30.75, youth is $16.50

Now add in the animal quality, health and responsibility factor. Prefect example take some of the hippie’s on THF that are anti GMO and anti grain fed and medicated beef.... they want happy grass fed, hormone free beef. We have Organic Grocery stores(I’m still at a loss of words about them but non the less they fit the hunting narrative.) (Disclaimer don’t mean hippie in a negative way, just pointing out their disdain for status quo)

General public wants to see utilization/consumption confirmed not heads. Joe Rogan has become a random hunting advocate, because of the way the non-hunting public sees his why’s. His social media perception is him carrying a skinned out moose leg, cooking venison on the grill, comparing backstrap size of different animals, describing trials and tribulations, not just a picture of a head.

Whole beef- 600-700lbs@ $3.50lb =$2100-2300... plus $390-495 for processing costs

150lbs of beef is more expensive then 150lb elk venison’s, especially on depredation tag/hunts

Im with you BOBO, but very few "have to hunt" to survive
And your cost analysis needs to consider if that is an out of stater which comes with accrued additional cost, vs like you said, resident tag.

I think it can be fairly well presented just from a sustainability/control angle. Just because a community bans a hunt, doesn't negate the problems from over abundance, Mountain Village outside Tellirude is a good example concerning B bears.

It is also a "sport", some like it, some don't, Im ok with that as long as they dont try to legislate me out of a legal activity. I don't care for soccer, but wouldn't want to ban it, well, maybe in FlowerMound roflmao

There is a big trend starting toward healthy meat. People are willing to pay a premium for grass fed red meat.

Met this kid at a bison conference. He and his wife were both vegans until their health started failing in their 20's. Researched and decided to try natural meats and turned their health around and started a company in Austin that they just sold to general mills.

He's now buying a 400 acre place outside of Stonewall to raise bison. One of his "products" will be to allow hipsters/hippies/reformed vegans/etc. to come kill and help process their own natural meat.

You watch his smoke. I've known this business model was a winner for years but just haven't had the energy to pursue it.

It is moving the mainstream youth one step further into the "hunting is good for food" direction. And guess what? They'll want the bison rug and skull for decorating their flat back in Austin.

https://epicbar.com/products.html

Epic products are actually pretty good. Small world.

There is place in CO that’s same way with bison

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Anti’s win [Re: therancher] #7009780 12/24/17 03:06 PM
kind of a big deal
OP Online Content
kind of a big deal

It is good to know. Because the prognosis for Texas' demographics is lousy with the new tax bill. The migration from states in the northeast and cali is going to be ramped up with the loss of property tax deductions. And it ain't like we don't already have enough migrants from those states.

I love that kid's attitude too. He gets in the face of his demographic and challenges them constantly.

Rancher-
You probably don’t have Facebook but if you do

Donnie Vincent did a short video for Epic and Northstar Bison. Really good. Check it out

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Anti’s win [Re: BOBO the Clown] #7010061 12/24/17 06:38 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T

Rancher-
You probably don’t have Facebook but if you do

Donnie Vincent did a short video for Epic and Northstar Bison. Really good. Check it out

I’m all over Facebook. They sent me that vid.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Anti’s win [Re: BOBO the Clown] #7010081 12/24/17 06:47 PM
kind of a big deal
OP Online Content
kind of a big deal
I shouldn’t be suprised for an elder your pretty intune with social media

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide