Re: “Accurate” - What is it? [Re: J.G.] #7003338 12/20/17 01:00 AM
D
dee Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Originally Posted By: FiremanJG
Originally Posted By: dee
How's this for a 15 shot group at 649yds? 15rds as fast as mags could be swapped with a 223ai.

Very fine!

I dropped off the parts an hour ago, for my very own .223 A.I. Really looking forward to it!

I've only shot this one a few times. I took it to a club match and it is a blast after overcoming a learning curve. Shot this group the next day with the remaining ammo cold bore and all.

"A vote is like a rifle; it's usefulness depends on the character of the user" Theodore Roosevelt
Re: “Accurate” - What is it? [Re: dee] #7008457 12/23/17 01:48 PM
K
Kevin1 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
K
Originally Posted By: Kevin1
Sneaky,
Yeh the rifle isn't picky at all. I can't get it to shoot over 1 moa no matter what load I try. Might need Buzz to help me out on this one bolt

Jeff,
I'm not doing a latter. I'm using this other method (http://www.texasprc.club/preidloaddev/). I like it because it's pretty simple and I'm able to maintain accuracy at much longer ranges.

I've used Paul's method and another method involving shooting only one charge of each increment over the chrono and looking for the node then load a few to check accuracy in each node (typically you'll see two of them). The chrono method requires a reliable chono like a magneto or labradar but it Typically uses less rounds.

What I like with Paul’s method is that I don’t have to play with the seating depth. It might be a little simplistic and not apply to BR shooting but I think it’s good enough for for the type of shooting I do.

Re: “Accurate” - What is it? [Re: dee] #7008484 12/23/17 02:05 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
How's this for a 15 shot group at 649yds? 15rds as fast as mags could be swapped with a 223ai.

Very fine!

I dropped off the parts an hour ago, for my very own .223 A.I. Really looking forward to it!

I've only shot this one a few times. I took it to a club match and it is a blast after overcoming a learning curve. Shot this group the next day with the remaining ammo cold bore and all.

Learning curve?
More of a wind hold?
I know it's significantly more than your 7mm.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: “Accurate” - What is it? [Re: J.G.] #7008506 12/23/17 02:21 PM
D
dee Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D

Very fine!

Learning curve?
More of a wind hold?
I know it's significantly more than your 7mm.

Yea basically. I'm used to only needing a tenth or so for increase in wind speeds where this one required more.

"A vote is like a rifle; it's usefulness depends on the character of the user" Theodore Roosevelt
Re: “Accurate” - What is it? [Re: Kevin1] #7008514 12/23/17 02:25 PM
D
dee Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Sneaky,
Yeh the rifle isn't picky at all. I can't get it to shoot over 1 moa no matter what load I try. Might need Buzz to help me out on this one bolt

Jeff,
I'm not doing a latter. I'm using this other method (http://www.texasprc.club/preidloaddev/). I like it because it's pretty simple and I'm able to maintain accuracy at much longer ranges.

I've used Paul's method and another method involving shooting only one charge of each increment over the chrono and looking for the node then load a few to check accuracy in each node (typically you'll see two of them). The chrono method requires a reliable chono like a magneto or labradar but it Typically uses less rounds.

What I like with Paul’s method is that I don’t have to play with the seating depth. It might be a little simplistic and not apply to BR shooting but I think it’s good enough for for the type of shooting I do.

Not having to adjust seating depth is not always a consistent. Bullet design plays a large part in this factor.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide