OK, so the doc says my sugar was a bit high in my recent lab work for my annual physical.
But I'm in the mood for some of momma's holiday banana bread.
So I thinks to myself, self, make it sugar-free.*
Gotta say, I am already addicted.Ingredients:
- 3-4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup Stevia (not the blend)
- 1 lg egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1.5 cups of all-purpose flour
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees
- Butter a 4x8 bread pan or pyrex dish
- Mix the bananas, butter, eggs, and vanilla, mix
- Add the sugar, salt, and baking soda, mix
- Add the flour last, mix
- Pour the mixture into a buttered 4x8 loaf pan and bake for 1 hour (check with a toothpick - should come out clean)
Batter going in...
Banana bread coming out...
And ready for coffee...*Keep in mind that an average banana (7-9 inches) has about 14 grams of sugar. So, adding 4 bananas = 56 grams, and if you get 16 1/2" slices in a loaf, each slice will have about 3.5 grams of natural sugar (from the bananas).