Forums46
Topics537,798
Posts9,729,267
Members87,042
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Calling In Hogs With An Electronic Caller... [Re: HansETX] #6992187 12/11/17 09:04 PM
A
aggiehunter03 Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
A
I posted it several times but this is the only one I got on video. I always start with feeding hogs and then boar fight. I've called in a dozen or so. It works but you have to know where they bed down during the day. I have 3 spots at the ranch that produce about 50% of the time. I should do it more.

Re: Calling In Hogs With An Electronic Caller... [Re: HansETX] #6992396 12/11/17 11:10 PM
S
scalebuster Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
I’ve only called in one pig with a call. It was a windy night in the Sandhills back when we just had tape recorder calls. We weren’t having any luck and the wind kept getting worse and worse. Turned the homemade screaming jackrabbit call up all the way and a sow came right up to the bumper.

Re: Calling In Hogs With An Electronic Caller... [Re: HansETX] #6992736 12/12/17 03:45 AM
W
Wacm Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
W
When I was a kid I got permission to run my dogs in this orange grove in central Fl. I had some mean dogs that could catch a hog each by themselves and had a few buddy's ready for action. We ran the grove and were astonished to not find any pigs right away. In the center of the grove was an irrigation pond and some really thick cover we got the wind right and headed that way. Before we got there Bull my Lacey cross struck and had a sow caught under an orange tree. We didn't hunt with guns only knives so we went in and were about to leg her when a huge boar came blasting. In and hit Buster our catch dog blind sided and killed him almost instantly. Then about 30 hogs came running in. Us kids jumped up in the trees. Buster lay there dead and my two catahoula lacy crosses went around baying hogs and trying to catch. They eventually had the whole group of hogs herded under an orange tree. When one would go in to catch hogs would come flying out and take em out. Bullette grabbed a piglet and took off with it and the hogs broke and we climbed down and got out of there. There wasn't such thing as a fox pro back then but that place would've been golden. I've never been so scared of pigs before. They were crazy. There were two boars humping sows under the tree as the dogs bayed and we sat up there wondering what to do. To scared to jump down. Maybe the calls work when there are sows in heat around??

Last edited by Wacm; 12/12/17 03:50 AM.
Re: Calling In Hogs With An Electronic Caller... [Re: HansETX] #6993436 12/12/17 06:58 PM
C
crozierk Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
C
Originally Posted By: HansETX
Originally Posted By: crozierk
I sat in my truck and played a youtube video (really just a sound clip) through my speakers. Just rolled down the windows and cranked it up. sat on top of the truck with my phone and would let it run for about 30 seconds and then cut it off for about 5 minutes. After about 20 minutes of calling we were seeing eyes with a spotilight. Seemed to be 3 or 4 pigs judging by the sound they were making. ended up veering away from us around 150 yards out I'd guess but if we set it up a little better I think it wouldve worked.

That aint a bad idea... for real..

Haha thanks. Way I figured if it works and its stupid, it aint stupid. Will try and set up a little better next time I go down and let you know how it goes.

Re: Calling In Hogs With An Electronic Caller... [Re: HansETX] #7001463 12/18/17 10:29 PM
R
Retired Sgt. Gilliam Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R
Hog pro by convergent hunting solutions. It is an android app for phone. Some sounds are free. The others I paid for. Sow hysteria works well. I wasn't paying for the $300. Speaker so I bought the 50 dollar speaker by ruger. Down load the ihunt app and speaker is on there. I bought it off amazon for less. You get a code and it unlocks all the sounds also. With this setup I have called in hogs. If you know for fact hogs are in area of about 300 yards it will call them in. You can also look up calling in hogs on Youtube and this setup is well proven. Watch the videos. Any questions send me a message. Hope this helps

Last edited by Retired Sgt. Gilliam; 12/18/17 10:30 PM.

Matthew 5:9
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God.
Re: Calling In Hogs With An Electronic Caller... [Re: HansETX] #7001483 12/18/17 10:40 PM
U
unclebubba Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
U
I used to call in pigs all the time when I hunted in FL. Property was thick and swampy, and I think they bedded down close to the feeders. When I went to fill the feeders, sometimes I would throw some corn at the metal lid that was leaning up against the tree. Made a loud "feeder going off" sound, and I had a very high success rate. Over 50% of the time, they would come running in before I was done filling the feeder. LOL.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide