Forum Stats
62840 Members
46 Forums
440475 Topics
6066242 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#6985977 - 12/06/17 07:00 PM Heard at the skinning/gutting station...
Creekrunner Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Bexar/Gillespie, hunt Terrell
"Well, I guess everybody does it a little differn't," uttered by some rube you just met while he's standing way inside your "personal space". mad

What have you heard?
...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28

#6985996 - 12/06/17 07:18 PM Re: Heard at the skinning/gutting station... [Re: Creekrunner]
Sneaky Online   content
The "Grouch"

Loc: Winters
Nothing like that. We have a small group of guys that donít really care how someone else does it. Of course, we donít have guys from neighboring leases, that we donít know, at our gutting station. Iím thankful for that.

You back out there chasing that big mule deer?

#6986031 - 12/06/17 07:43 PM Re: Heard at the skinning/gutting station... [Re: Creekrunner]
Creekrunner Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Back early. Shot a dink. Worst case of ground shrinkage I've had in decades. Uphill, at dusk. There's a chance he's ancient, but still, a humbling experience. 'Shot a good WT cull though. But both in the same afternoon. My back is talking to me.
...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28

#6986040 - 12/06/17 07:50 PM Re: Heard at the skinning/gutting station... [Re: Creekrunner]
FiremanJG Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Wolfe City, TX
Randy- "may I offer a suggestion?"
Lonnie- "just go in the house, I'm not gonna do it to suite you"
Randy- "Ok"

(Randy is an artist processing deer)

800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available

#6986043 - 12/06/17 07:52 PM Re: Heard at the skinning/gutting station... [Re: Creekrunner]
dogcatcher Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Abilene or on the road...
I don't gut deer, our son or one of the nephews does that for me.

#6986045 - 12/06/17 07:53 PM Re: Heard at the skinning/gutting station... [Re: FiremanJG]
Creekrunner Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Originally Posted By: FiremanJG
Randy- "may I offer a suggestion?"
Lonnie- "just go in the house, I'm not gonna do it to suite you"
Randy- "Ok"

(Randy is an artist processing deer)

Ya see, THIS is what I'm comfortable around.

#6986049 - 12/06/17 07:55 PM Re: Heard at the skinning/gutting station... [Re: Creekrunner]
TexasKC Offline
Veteran Tracker

Loc: Houston & Lexington, Texas
The one I like to hear is "Let me show you how to do that"

#6986057 - 12/06/17 07:59 PM Re: Heard at the skinning/gutting station... [Re: Creekrunner]
SapperTitan Offline
Taking Requests

Loc: Killeen/Ft Hood, TX
As a volunteer deer guide on Ft Hood one of the hardest parts for me is standing there watching someone gut their deer lol. I just want to jump in there and do it for them they take so long lol.

#6986092 - 12/06/17 08:21 PM Re: Heard at the skinning/gutting station... [Re: SapperTitan]
THF Celebrity

Originally Posted By: SapperTitan
As a volunteer deer guide on Ft Hood one of the hardest parts for me is standing there watching someone gut their deer lol. I just want to jump in there and do it for them they take so long lol.

Teaching an adult to do something is a tightrope to walk. Not be condescending, but show them a better way, respectfully.

800 Yard Steel Range

#6986101 - 12/06/17 08:26 PM Re: Heard at the skinning/gutting station... [Re: FiremanJG]
SapperTitan Offline
Taking Requests

Teaching an adult to do something is a tightrope to walk. Not be condescending, but show them a better way, respectfully.
Ft hood doesn't want us to gut their animals or really even touch them during that process. I will give tips but some of these guys it is painful to watch. Had one guy take about 20 minutes to gut a buck. I can do it in a few minutes easy. I have always been very hands on so standing there and watching someone do it a way you consider wrong it hard lol.

#6986113 - 12/06/17 08:32 PM Re: Heard at the skinning/gutting station... [Re: SapperTitan]
THF Celebrity

Ft hood doesn't want us to gut their animals or really even touch them during that process. I will give tips but some of these guys it is painful to watch. Had one guy take about 20 minutes to gut a buck. I can do it in a few minutes easy. I have always been very hands on so standing there and watching someone do it a way you consider wrong it hard lol.

I didn't say do it for them.

Explain.

800 Yard Steel Range

#6986129 - 12/06/17 08:40 PM Re: Heard at the skinning/gutting station... [Re: Creekrunner]
Simple Searcher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Helotes, Hext
Two boys, 10-12 year olds, were examining the gut bucket and showing there knowledge of internal parts;
One was pointing at the liver "this is the liver."
Then poking at a kidney "this is the other liver"

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark

#6986136 - 12/06/17 08:47 PM Re: Heard at the skinning/gutting station... [Re: Creekrunner]
Wacm Offline
Tracker

Loc: Wimberley, Tx
Not to brag but I've never met anyone who can skin and quarter one faster then me. Ok maybe my brother but he does it the same way. I never try to help people unless they ask. I like to watch other people any time I can. They is always something to learn.

#6986138 - 12/06/17 08:48 PM Re: Heard at the skinning/gutting station... [Re: FiremanJG]
SapperTitan Offline
Taking Requests

I didn't say do it for them.

Explain.
And I said I'm very hands on and have a hard time just standing there explaining.

#6986143 - 12/06/17 08:49 PM Re: Heard at the skinning/gutting station... [Re: Creekrunner]
Creekrunner Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Later, when it was just the rancher and me, he threw a full-blown rancher cussing hissy fit about how young the bucks were that "Mr. Helpful" and crew had shot, gonna run their arse off, etc.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide