Extreme Tracker
G
troll?

Re: Wilson Combat EDC X9 [Re: TexFlip] #6991628 12/11/17 02:33 PM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
I would suspect so. POS comes in and runs his head about about something he probably knows nothing about. WC makes fine guns. Very happy with mine.

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Wilson Combat EDC X9 [Re: TexFlip] #6991662 12/11/17 02:58 PM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Let's just say I have fairly intimate knowledge of their operations about 10 years ago.

They were using Kimber frames (among others, like Caspian). The Kimber frames (which came in Kimber boxes) they were taking in still had the Schwartz safety hole. No problem for WC! They stuck a piece of metal into the hole from the underside of the frame, welded it up all around, & ground it down flat. Of course all this time, they keep up the mantra that they make their own frames & slides, which is a complete (& unnecessary) lie. Slides often came fron Caspian, but other folks as well, it just depended on who had what at the time for cheapest.

Their AR-15s we're all Rock River parts. They used to send out some parts, like stocks, but also complete upper receivers, that were plainly marked Rock River. Again, while they claimed to be making all the parts themselves. There's nothing wrong with sourcing parts, but to lie about it is absurd, especially when they are
clearly marked Rock River.

Other small parts, for pistols, rifles & shotguns, were all sourced from the same people everyone else uses, but WC claims to manufacture them. The WC side saddle for the 870 was supposed be made in-house, but of course was Tac Star.

Don't get me started on the polymer frame 1911 abortion. Pure Grade A crap, with cast parts, all the while WC claims everything is forged. & the ADP was a stolen design, that was once imported by some skanky Eastern Europen outfit & retailer for $200. But when Wilson claimed it was theirs, prices trebled for the same gas operated pistol POS.

The Tac-Elite line, which they claim is a 1 piece barrel, is actually 2 pieces; I know because I've seen them come apart. They often re-used parts from customer supplied guns to go on other customer supplied guns. If you sent a pistol in, say a Springfield Armory, they would s be out the pistol to a local gunsmith for the work (often taking 6-8 months) when they would re-use the cheap parts.

Armor Tuff finish is an absolute joke. It wears off so quickly, they had to parkerize everything first, so at least when the AT wears off, it still looks like it has a finish.

I won't even get into the stupid games they play with their dealers. & all their salesmen a few years ago were in a huge lawsuit because they like to screw over everyone, not just customers & dealers.

Here's a newsflash, they have 1-2 guys there that are actually gunsmiths. The rest are local yocals making (at the time) $6.50/hr. I can't tell you how uninformed & uncaring the majority of the staff is. It was not uncommon for a "gunsmith" to have to ask entry level questions concerning a basic 1911. The "hand fit" barrels are mostly drop-in barrels of course.

They had such a wild theft problem before I arrived, people would find boxes of frames @ other parts out in the bushes outside the building. I forgot how many frames were stolen off the books, but the it was 100s. The local pawnshops had "WC" pistols that were put together by some of the employees (with stolen parts I'm sure) & sold off as legitimate Wilson pistols.

I could go on, but what's the point.

Their reputation is poor among those who know anything about them. Lucky for WC people don't take their guns apart & see what they are made of.

Re: Wilson Combat EDC X9 [Re: The Dude Abides] #6991668 12/11/17 03:01 PM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted By: TXGUNNER308
I would suspect so. POS comes in and runs his head about about something he probably knows nothing about. WC makes fine guns. Very happy with mine.

You have no idea what your talking about. I would wager that whatever gun you have of theirs, you know less about it than I do.

Re: Wilson Combat EDC X9 [Re: TexFlip] #6991678 12/11/17 03:04 PM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
& I also have fairly decent knowledge of how Nighthawk operates. They at least deliver a custom 1911 with parts & workmanship that is true to their business statement. While they use the EXACT SAME SUPLLIERS as WC, the workmanship is much better (every barrel is handfit, for example, they don't used drop-in barrels).

Re: Wilson Combat EDC X9 [Re: TexFlip] #6991699 12/11/17 03:20 PM
T
TDK Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
Would $7.50 an hour have made you happier?

A.M. Little Bespoke Gunmakers LLC
Re: Wilson Combat EDC X9 [Re: maximus_flavius] #6991835 12/11/17 04:44 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: maximus_flavius
Originally Posted By: TXGUNNER308

You have no idea what your talking about. I would wager that whatever gun you have of theirs, you know less about it than I do.

Ok, sure, whatever you say!

I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Wilson Combat EDC X9 [Re: maximus_flavius] #6991846 12/11/17 04:53 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
& I also have fairly decent knowledge of how Nighthawk operates. They at least deliver a custom 1911 with parts & workmanship that is true to their business statement. While they use the EXACT SAME SUPLLIERS as WC, the workmanship is much better (every barrel is handfit, for example, they don't used drop-in barrels).

What markings should I look for on my 308 and 6.8? Thanks, not doubting you just want to verify.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Wilson Combat EDC X9 [Re: TexFlip] #6991859 12/11/17 04:58 PM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Sounds like somebody was terminated and unhappy with it

Re: Wilson Combat EDC X9 [Re: maximus_flavius] #6992001 12/11/17 06:41 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Let's just say I have fairly intimate knowledge of their operations about 10 years ago.

They were using Kimber frames (among others, like Caspian). The Kimber frames (which came in Kimber boxes) they were taking in still had the Schwartz safety hole. No problem for WC! They stuck a piece of metal into the hole from the underside of the frame, welded it up all around, & ground it down flat. Of course all this time, they keep up the mantra that they make their own frames & slides, which is a complete (& unnecessary) lie. Slides often came fron Caspian, but other folks as well, it just depended on who had what at the time for cheapest.

Their AR-15s we're all Rock River parts. They used to send out some parts, like stocks, but also complete upper receivers, that were plainly marked Rock River. Again, while they claimed to be making all the parts themselves. There's nothing wrong with sourcing parts, but to lie about it is absurd, especially when they are
clearly marked Rock River.

Other small parts, for pistols, rifles & shotguns, were all sourced from the same people everyone else uses, but WC claims to manufacture them. The WC side saddle for the 870 was supposed be made in-house, but of course was Tac Star.

Don't get me started on the polymer frame 1911 abortion. Pure Grade A crap, with cast parts, all the while WC claims everything is forged. & the ADP was a stolen design, that was once imported by some skanky Eastern Europen outfit & retailer for $200. But when Wilson claimed it was theirs, prices trebled for the same gas operated pistol POS.

The Tac-Elite line, which they claim is a 1 piece barrel, is actually 2 pieces; I know because I've seen them come apart. They often re-used parts from customer supplied guns to go on other customer supplied guns. If you sent a pistol in, say a Springfield Armory, they would s be out the pistol to a local gunsmith for the work (often taking 6-8 months) when they would re-use the cheap parts.

Armor Tuff finish is an absolute joke. It wears off so quickly, they had to parkerize everything first, so at least when the AT wears off, it still looks like it has a finish.

I won't even get into the stupid games they play with their dealers. & all their salesmen a few years ago were in a huge lawsuit because they like to screw over everyone, not just customers & dealers.

Here's a newsflash, they have 1-2 guys there that are actually gunsmiths. The rest are local yocals making (at the time) $6.50/hr. I can't tell you how uninformed & uncaring the majority of the staff is. It was not uncommon for a "gunsmith" to have to ask entry level questions concerning a basic 1911. The "hand fit" barrels are mostly drop-in barrels of course.

They had such a wild theft problem before I arrived, people would find boxes of frames @ other parts out in the bushes outside the building. I forgot how many frames were stolen off the books, but the it was 100s. The local pawnshops had "WC" pistols that were put together by some of the employees (with stolen parts I'm sure) & sold off as legitimate Wilson pistols.

I could go on, but what's the point.

Their reputation is poor among those who know anything about them. Lucky for WC people don't take their guns apart & see what they are made of.

I'm not putting much weight to your explanation. If WC was really THAT bad then consumers would have heard about it by now. WC has been around for along time.

Re: Wilson Combat EDC X9 [Re: TexFlip] #6992003 12/11/17 06:42 PM
C
ccoker Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
guess I will have to dump my crappy WCS
damned

Re: Wilson Combat EDC X9 [Re: TexFlip] #6992365 12/11/17 10:47 PM
G
garyrapp55 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
G
Because they are so proud, all I've ever bought from the was the accuriser. I've had no trouble from it in about 6 years or so. Curious to hear more from the owners of WC firearms.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide