Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
chan priest, Bayoubob, Faraon D Gonzales, mjd77, bllmrgns01
64162 Registered Users
Top Posters
dogcatcher 89596
stxranchman 53437
bill oxner 49006
RKHarm24 44577
rifleman 44403
BOBO the Clown 43969
BMD 40990
SnakeWrangler 38831
Big Orn 37484
txshntr 35357
facebook
Forum Stats
64162 Members
45 Forums
420110 Topics
6111856 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#6974053 - 11/27/17 01:42 PM Coyotes
ELKMTB Offline
Woodsman

Registered: 07/18/12
Posts: 176
Loc: DFW
How many coyotes do you see in a normal trip? We normally see one per day sitting in the blind and will see one roaming anytime we are out in the daytime riding around.

I know this is way too many and we are putting the hammer down on them. I want to say 6-8 down in the past two months.

Top
#6974060 - 11/27/17 01:49 PM Re: Coyotes [Re: ELKMTB]
TexasKC Online   content
Veteran Tracker

Registered: 12/30/12
Posts: 3143
Loc: Houston & Lexington, Texas
We don't see them very often but we hear at least 2 different groups howling late in the evening almost every day. I think I've killed 8 this year.

Top
#6974067 - 11/27/17 01:53 PM Re: Coyotes [Re: TexasKC]
maximum Offline
Pro Tracker

Registered: 09/30/09
Posts: 1822
Originally Posted By: TexasKC
. . . I think I've killed 8 this year.

thank you ! ! !

Top
#6974070 - 11/27/17 01:57 PM Re: Coyotes [Re: ELKMTB]
maximum Offline
Pro Tracker

Registered: 09/30/09
Posts: 1822
Originally Posted By: ELKMTB
. . . We normally see one per day sitting in the blind and will see one roaming anytime we are out in the daytime riding around. . . .

if i see one , and i have a firearm, it gets shot regardless of what i'm afield for. that's
one i may not see again and have a chance for a shot at.
i'd rather be seeing fawns and calves and rabbits and squirrels and turkeys and such.
the redtails and the owls will take care of the rodents if the neighbors will leave them be

Top
#6974134 - 11/27/17 02:39 PM Re: Coyotes [Re: ELKMTB]
TexasKC Online   content
Veteran Tracker

Registered: 12/30/12
Posts: 3143
Loc: Houston & Lexington, Texas
I agree, maximum. I shoot coyotes and hogs on sight.

Top
#6974156 - 11/27/17 02:52 PM Re: Coyotes [Re: TexasKC]
SnakeWrangler Online   content
THF Celebrity

Registered: 01/22/11
Posts: 38831
Loc: Over yonder.....
Originally Posted By: TexasKC
I agree, maximum. I shoot coyotes and hogs on sight.
_________________________
Originally Posted By: skinnerback
Milf does the trick.

"You're statistically more likely to be killed by Hillary Clinton than an NRA member. - PolitiDiva

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"

Top
#6974168 - 11/27/17 03:00 PM Re: Coyotes [Re: ELKMTB]
dogcatcher Online   content
THF Celebrity

Registered: 07/17/06
Posts: 89596
Loc: Abilene or on the road...
At our place they are shot on site.
_________________________
Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________




Top
#6974193 - 11/27/17 03:18 PM Re: Coyotes [Re: ELKMTB]
QuitShootinYoungBucks Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Registered: 11/01/12
Posts: 9327
Loc: Lubbock, TX
Kill them all. I've seen fewer fawns this year than almost ever (only one set of twins, and many dry does). You could tell when the fawns got big enough to dodge them, because suddenly they were hammering our sheep and goats. Last week I heard them howling two different sunsets in the neighbors place.
_________________________


https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html

Top
#6974197 - 11/27/17 03:21 PM Re: Coyotes [Re: maximum]
colt45 Online   content
THF Trophy Hunter

Registered: 08/19/06
Posts: 8474
Loc: bastrop county
Originally Posted By: maximum
Originally Posted By: ELKMTB
. . . We normally see one per day sitting in the blind and will see one roaming anytime we are out in the daytime riding around. . . .

if i see one , and i have a firearm, it gets shot regardless of what i'm afield for. that's
one i may not see again and have a chance for a shot at.
i'd rather be seeing fawns and calves and rabbits and squirrels and turkeys and such.
the redtails and the owls will take care of the rodents if the neighbors will leave them be
its a real low life that kills hawks & owls
_________________________
hold on Newt, we got a runaway

Top
#6974295 - 11/27/17 05:00 PM Re: Coyotes [Re: ELKMTB]
Red Cloud Online   content
Pro Tracker

Registered: 09/04/09
Posts: 1957
Loc: Weatherford, Texas
I wrote this in a previous post but worth repeating: TPWD biologist study showed that one breeding pair of coyotes "can and will" kill 50 fawns during fawning season. Even if that is a bold exaggeration, which I believe it is not, they are fawn killing machines. texas rifle

Top
#6974309 - 11/27/17 05:07 PM Re: Coyotes [Re: ELKMTB]
SapperTitan Online   content
Taking Requests

Registered: 11/17/10
Posts: 26612
Loc: Killeen/Ft Hood, TX
I’ve killed 5 on Ft Hood in the last few months and have seen multiple I couldn’t get a shot on. Gonna spend a lot of time hunting them this winter into spring.
_________________________
Originally Posted By: bill oxner
I plowed mules.
Originally Posted By: Roll-Tide
I did build a cabin. Aka “the brokeback shack”.


Top
#6974316 - 11/27/17 05:14 PM Re: Coyotes [Re: ELKMTB]
FiremanJG Online   content
THF Celebrity

Registered: 12/16/08
Posts: 26363
Loc: Wolfe City, TX
Originally Posted By: ELKMTB
I know this is way too many and we are putting the hammer down on them. I want to say 6-8 down in the past two months.


That's not unusual.

Kill everyone you see, and you might make a small dent.
_________________________

800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available

Top
#6974319 - 11/27/17 05:17 PM Re: Coyotes [Re: Red Cloud]
FiremanJG Online   content
THF Celebrity

Registered: 12/16/08
Posts: 26363
Loc: Wolfe City, TX
Originally Posted By: Red Cloud
I wrote this in a previous post but worth repeating: TPWD biologist study showed that one breeding pair of coyotes "can and will" kill 50 fawns during fawning season. Even if that is a bold exaggeration, which I believe it is not, they are fawn killing machines. texas rifle


They are 49% of the reason I have a rifle by my side at all times. The other 49% is feral hogs.
_________________________

800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available

Top
#6974476 - 11/27/17 07:48 PM Re: Coyotes [Re: ELKMTB]
rbhunter Online   content
Woodsman

Registered: 09/12/05
Posts: 107
Loc: Dallas, Tx
Shot my 1st coyote this weekend. I have heard then my whole life but have only seen them in the wild a few times. Saturday was the day everything came together.

Top
#6974550 - 11/27/17 08:40 PM Re: Coyotes [Re: Red Cloud]
Texas Dan Online   content
THF Celebrity

Registered: 07/28/08
Posts: 13728
Originally Posted By: Red Cloud
I wrote this in a previous post but worth repeating: TPWD biologist study showed that one breeding pair of coyotes "can and will" kill 50 fawns during fawning season. Even if that is a bold exaggeration, which I believe it is not, they are fawn killing machines. texas rifle


If a fawn fails to make it, there's an 80% chance it was the result of it being killed and eaten by coyotes. Weather and other predators take the remaining 20% of fawns that fail to make it.
_________________________
Dan,

Spring, Texas

Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >



© 2004-2018 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide